Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #15
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Best dancer on the floor , but the are several different floors
Can you be more specific...
According to Jalopnik:

"If you don't boss the Z/28 around, it won't dance for you. It'll think you're a bitch and won't show you its magic."

At least they didn't try to put Baby in a corner...
Old 04-15-2014, 10:00 PM   #16
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Personally, I think this is the most interesting and well written review of the Z28 that I have read. Good job Jalopnik.
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:53 PM   #17
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
the internet is full of stupid (and 12 year olds who cant drive anyway but have their favorite forza/gran turismo cars)

Its always "wait until" Im sure Ford will have something for this Z/28. In fact I think GM is banking on it. Because they have a new platform that they will be able to fire right back at them. And lets not forget Fiat/SRT/Mopar/Dodge may pull something out of the hat too (i mean they started the factory drag wars again)
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:54 AM   #18
mcp1990

Drives: 07 charger RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
Reading comments on social media threads makes me understand how the entire Mustang/Camaro wars started. There are many, many woefully illiterate or blindly ignorant Mustang fanboys making insanely stupid comments.

I appreciate all cars, I respect Ford, MOPAR, the Euros.... I probably should learn more tolerance and respect to the ricers but by and large I don't talk shit when I know not what I'm talking about. It only makes you look like an ignorant ass and most enthusiasts will talk about you in unfavorable terms.

Really, your fellow Mustang guys, (not you), need to get real.
I agree mustang fanboys need to get real. I like mustang, charger, Camaro, and anything else American or Euro, but a mustang will not beat a Camaro around the track, and it's not opinionated it's factually. I always study lap times and watch car reviews. They all praise the Camaro over mustang. Yeah a stock mustang will BARELY beat a stock Camaro in a straight line, but my opinion is that's not all that matters.

I got into a discussion with a guy at work who drives a stock s2000 and he said that his car would stomp a Camaro around the track. Even though I showed him lap times and car reviews saying the car is underpowered or slow he still insisted that the s2k is faster. It's ignorance like that makes a fanboy. Face it there's always going to be a better car. Instead of being ignorant just face the facts and build a car that will beat a car you see as your cars rival. There was definitely a lot of ignorent fanboys in the comments.
mcp1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #19
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
Reading comments on social media threads makes me understand how the entire Mustang/Camaro wars started. There are many, many woefully illiterate or blindly ignorant Mustang fanboys making insanely stupid comments.

I appreciate all cars, I respect Ford, MOPAR, the Euros.... I probably should learn more tolerance and respect to the ricers but by and large I don't talk shit when I know not what I'm talking about. It only makes you look like an ignorant ass and most enthusiasts will talk about you in unfavorable terms.

Really, your fellow Mustang guys, (not you), need to get real.
I wouldn't let it bug you. There are as many Fanboy's on the Camaro side who incorrectly slag Mustangs. The thing is, I bet most of those who trash the "other" car have driven neither.

I think the Z/28 is fantastic. Sure, it too heavy, but so is the Mustang in my opinion. Heck, all modern cars are too heavy. I wouldn't spend the $75K on one, simply because I don't have that kind of money to spare. But is it worth it? Sure is. And just as the Boss, which let's be honest was compromised somewhat from the engineers vision to please marketing and bean counters lead to the revitalized and mental Z/28. Now I hope this leads to a no-holds barred Mustang, not that I'll be able to afford that either.

Let's just be glad the enthusiast is still being served. Like the GM Camaro Z/28 Birthday ad says, the rivalry has been a good thing. And if you don't go all fanboy with it, some trash talk can be fun.

Mustangs Rule! Camaros Drool. (JK;-)

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:06 PM   #20
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp1990 View Post
I agree mustang fanboys need to get real. I like mustang, charger, Camaro, and anything else American or Euro, but a mustang will not beat a Camaro around the track, and it's not opinionated it's factually. I always study lap times and watch car reviews. They all praise the Camaro over mustang. Yeah a stock mustang will BARELY beat a stock Camaro in a straight line, but my opinion is that's not all that matters.

I got into a discussion with a guy at work who drives a stock s2000 and he said that his car would stomp a Camaro around the track. Even though I showed him lap times and car reviews saying the car is underpowered or slow he still insisted that the s2k is faster. It's ignorance like that makes a fanboy. Face it there's always going to be a better car. Instead of being ignorant just face the facts and build a car that will beat a car you see as your cars rival. There was definitely a lot of ignorent fanboys in the comments.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Let's see more Camaro folks at track days. I have encountered 2 in 3 years. :-(

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Old 04-16-2014, 07:25 PM   #21
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
The Mustang has always been first to the party. You gotta respect that and be thankfull. However being second to the party allows the Camaro to one up the Mustang. Then the Mustang the Camaro...and that's great for all of us.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #22
Doubleblank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2014 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Let's see more Camaro folks at track days. I have encounterdeducation in 2 in 3 years. :-(
I've extenended an open invitation to come to Houston. We can can run shifter carts, my track 700hp Camaro and my Z when it arrives. MSR is a fine track. HPDE's usually have an equal number of stangs and Camaros running. But everyone running forced induction is always complaining and checking iat's etc on their computer. NA rules in hot Houston. BtW, stay at my house.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:27 PM   #23
Doubleblank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2014 Z28
I forgot to mention, my daughter collects and plays Strats. 70's rock n roll.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:27 AM   #24
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Just noticed my gawd awful autocorrect error. I'd live to come to Texas, but not looking good for this year. Circumstances even dictated I miss the Mustang celebration in Charlotte. A fellow Strat collector? That's a cool daughter.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:28 AM   #25
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleblank View Post
I forgot to mention, my daughter collects and plays Strats. 70's rock n roll.

My pride and joy, my 1964 Strat was bought from a fellow in Houston.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #26
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
I guess they think the z/28 is a drag car for some reason. And the 15 gt is faster than it. I just laughed my ass off
Old 04-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #27
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
You should have read the comments when the 1998-2002 Z/28 came out.

Things settled down when those who race admitted you don't stand a snowball's chance in Hell with a Mustang Cobra against the Camaro.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote