Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 04-20-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Exclamation THANK YOU GTAHVIT!!!

I only waited to type this out because I was on a plane and without a computer for the past day…otherwise it would have been up RIGHT after the Fest was over.

Once again, I’d like to reiterate that our First Annual Camaro5Fest could not have gone quite as smoothly as it did without the excellent cooperative efforts on the part of the track, our hotels, our vendors/sponsors, and members. You all were fantastic and I can only come close to truly expressing my gratitude at how well everyone handled themselves. Valdosta wants us back…I mean, really wants US back, and not just our money…that’s rare. You represented Camaro5 with the very highest standards of what we try to uphold here online: So once again, thank you all.

However, there is one person in particular that I’d like to thank in both a professional and personal capacity. Chris, or GTAHVIT as you know him on the site, was the point-man for all of this. He somehow managed to balance life, work, and the organization of the site without going insane…a true marvel if I’ve ever seen one. I won’t go into details as far as what he took care of, and that’s simply because I can’t begin to imagine all the phone calls he was answering about logistics and payments and food and lodging and media, etc, etc, etc. There were MANY speed bumps along the way, and through it all, he stayed level-headed and very focused on the singular goal of coordinating an event where our members could have a fun time relaxing and enjoying each other’s company. This Festival would have been ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE without him, and I mean that as sincerely as I can. There is not another person I know of who could have pulled this thing off so smoothly and successfully. That’s my professional part…

I also want to thank the man for being far more than just a friend to myself and Guillermo (Tribone). He and his family were so generous as to entertain us for a short time before and after the Fest while we waited for airplanes. He let me drive his car over the weekend, knowing full well that I’ve never driven stick-shift in my life. For those of you who don’t know, his car is a Tom Henry Racing Special Edition packing heat in the form of a TVS2300 and full exhaust…ask yourselves: would YOU have let someone who’s a novice with a manual drive it if it were YOUR car? He’s the kind of guy that’d give you the shirt off his back, and I cannot express even a little bit enough how much I appreciated his hospitality this weekend. He’s truly an all-around good guy – and I’m proud to call him my friend.

Thank you Chris for really, honestly, being THE man this weekend. I hope to visit you again soon, brother!!!

Thanks Jim for the picture!
Name:  IMG_9749.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  180.7 KB
Old 04-20-2010, 01:31 AM   #2
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
X 2...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:32 AM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
x3

You all really don't know just how much Chris had to do to pull everything together. It is really something else.

...and I'll echo Joe's words in saying, This Festival would have been ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE without him.

Thank you, Chris.

You did it!

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:34 AM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
x4 (no, I wasn't there...)

I just don't want him hugging me like he did spike...
Old 04-20-2010, 01:38 AM   #5
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I only waited to type this out because I was on a plane and without a computer for the past day…otherwise it would have been up RIGHT after the Fest was over.

Once again, I’d like to reiterate that our First Annual Camaro5Fest could not have gone quite as smoothly as it did without the excellent cooperative efforts on the part of the track, our hotels, our vendors/sponsors, and members. You all were fantastic and I can only come close to truly expressing my gratitude at how well everyone handled themselves. Valdosta wants us back…I mean, really wants US back, and not just our money…that’s rare. You represented Camaro5 with the very highest standards of what we try to uphold here online: So once again, thank you all.

However, there is one person in particular that I’d like to thank in both a professional and personal capacity. Chris, or GTAHVIT as you know him on the site, was the point-man for all of this. He somehow managed to balance life, work, and the organization of the site without going insane…a true marvel if I’ve ever seen one. I won’t go into details as far as what he took care of, and that’s simply because I can’t begin to imagine all the phone calls he was answering about logistics and payments and food and lodging and media, etc, etc, etc. There were MANY speed bumps along the way, and through it all, he stayed level-headed and very focused on the singular goal of coordinating an event where our members could have a fun time relaxing and enjoying each other’s company. This Festival would have been ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE without him, and I mean that as sincerely as I can. There is not another person I know of who could have pulled this thing off so smoothly and successfully. That’s my professional part…

I also want to thank the man for being far more than just a friend to myself and Guillermo (Tribone). He and his family were so generous as to entertain us for a short time before and after the Fest while we waited for airplanes. He let me drive his car over the weekend, knowing full well that I’ve never driven stick-shift in my life. For those of you who don’t know, his car is a Tom Henry Racing Special Edition packing heat in the form of a TVS2300 and full exhaust…ask yourselves: would YOU have let someone who’s a novice with a manual drive it if it were YOUR car? He’s the kind of guy that’d give you the shirt off his back, and I cannot express even a little bit enough how much I appreciated his hospitality this weekend. He’s truly an all-around good guy – and I’m proud to call him my friend.

Thank you Chris for really, honestly, being THE man this weekend. I hope to visit you again soon, brother!!!

Thanks Jim for the picture!
Attachment 115425

Could not have said it better myself Joe.

Chris, you are a very special and incredible person. You handled it better than anyone could. Thank you to you and your family for making us feel like like a part of your family. Joe hit a home run with what he said. You are the best brother!! Thank you!!!

-Guillermo

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:02 AM   #6
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Chris is a great guy. PQ told me how cool he was when they went to get his car. When I thought about not coming to the Fest and PQ told me Chris would really ban me if I did not come I kind of did not know what to think of him. Of coarse I found out why at the end of the Fest (Thank You All Again) but I met Chris Friday night and he made me forget all about the banning thing with how nice he was.

He that night offered to let me drive his car. Heck he did not know me. And man he ran like crazy at the Fest Saturday. You never saw him just standing around he was working his butt off.

Thanks for everything Chris and not every guy gets to hug me with a tear in my eye. You just still need to me drive you car. We just never found time to do it.

Chris you are top notch in my book

Thanks again.

Scott
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:12 AM   #7
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Well done Chris!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:13 AM   #8
Vinz68

Drives: 68,69,72&10 Camaro's 12 CTS-V
Thank you very much!!! Can't wait till the next one!!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:18 AM   #9
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
A heartfelt thank you. I had a great time!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:22 AM   #10
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Good job Chris! And to ALL the mods on this site. The support they show for the users on the web and at the Fest is outstanding.

Next time I will bring a box of oranges for Chris.....

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:30 AM   #11
68 Z/28
Father Time

Drives: 1967 Malibu / 2002 Caddy DTS
Send a message via Yahoo to 68 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
x3

You all really don't know just how much Chris had to do to pull everything together. It is really something else.

...and I'll echo Joe's words in saying, This Festival would have been ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE without him.

Thank you, Chris.

You did it!

I have a very good Idea what he had to deal with , your top notch Chris You have my Total Respect

68 Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:08 AM   #12
swansor

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM
Send a message via ICQ to swansor Send a message via Yahoo to swansor
When I spoke to you Saturday morning at the track I thought for sure you would be wired and bouncing off of walls but you were cool calm and collective. Way to run such a great event.
swansor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:28 AM   #13
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Way to go Chris. You did an incredible job with all the obstacles that were thrown at you. Maybe next year, some of us vendor/sponsors could do more to help. This was truly an amazing event and one I'll look forward to in the future. Congrats to Chris and the whole bunch of mods, you're a great group and it's a pleasure to have been a part of it.
Attached Images

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:38 AM   #14
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
I know these last few days had to be stressful, but he held it together! I also know there were some last minute changes but Chris handled them very well. Thanks for all the help out there, it truly couldn't have happened without your leadership.
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote