Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #15
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kscott46 View Post
OK guys my TSW 22"s are on the way I should be getting them sometime this week. I wanna do the drop at the same time, I am leaning towards H & R springs. They look the most aggressive and by far the lowest drop for the best price. I visited their web site, I don't see that they make sway bars for the camaro. Eventually I would like to do sway bars, I just don't want to have to mix and match brands. Does H & R make sways? Will it be a problem to mix and match? Will H & R's spring have an issue with the 22"s? I also looked at eibach, the price is great but not enough drop for me. Installing the springs, is this something I can do? How much does labor usually run? Does anyone know of a good vendor for the H & R's ?
Hi Kscott46!

Since you are considering our products, I'd like to give you a little more info, without spamming you with anything unnecessary and off topic

Our Pfadt Sport Package is an excellent place for you to start upgrading on your Camaro suspension. This package includes our best 1.25" drop springs, and our famous Sport Sway Bars that get so much attention. We engineered our drop springs to provide the best solution for ride height, spring rate, handling balance, and ride quality. The ride on our springs is firmed up a bit from stock, but nowhere near harsh. We chose not to lower the ride height anymore than 1.25" because in our experience, we have found this to run into suspension travel issues, especially in the rear. This can cause a VERY twitchy ride that becomes uncontrolled (or undamped) in a variety of situations.

Our Sport Sway Bars are an excellent upgrade for "performance street" enthusiasts, looking to get the balance of their camaro more neutral, flatten cornering angles, and have the adjustability to accommodate future upgrades to your suspension/wheels/tires etc. We have a great video below showing our track testing and before and after comparisons. Let me know if you have any questions!

Also, all of our parts are available NOW, for all Camaros (before and after the GM suspension change)

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #16
Kscott46

Drives: 2010 Black SS2, RS, MT
Way ahead of you MR.PFADT!! Just installed your drop springs today! WOW totally impressed, Im glad I went with your brand, easy install for a novice like me! Will be getting your sway bars in a couple weeks, and Ill be sure to post pics later. Thanks PFADT for an amazing product and great instructions, keep up the good work!

Future Mods: PFADT Sways, SLP cat back, SLP X-pipe, SLP Headers, and Tune.
Kscott46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #17
Kscott46

Alright guys here is the ride with PFADT drop springs she looks perfect, I do need sways though she feels a little sloppy in 3rd gear. I'm not sure if its the drop or what but for sure I'm getting the sway bars!

Top picture is without and bottom pic is with.
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #18
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Sloppy in third gear is the result of your sub-frame moving under load. The easiest and fastest correction is to fill the NVH voided OE sub-frame bushes with urethane. The OE bushes are NOT removed, just filled with a urethane inserts. There is a high level of detail in this thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79162
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #19
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Black on black looks nasty!!! Great shots for sure. what do you have your alignment set at?

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #20
Kscott46

I was only able to get the oem specs for alignment, I couldn't get a custom alignment anywhere in my town.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:36 PM   #21
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kscott46 View Post
I was only able to get the oem specs for alignment, I couldn't get a custom alignment anywhere in my town.
Did you tell them where you wanted your alignment set to or did you just leave it up to them?

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:32 PM   #22
Kscott46

I had got some specs off of PFADT's website, and gave them the ones I wanted to use. One shop told me they could do it, but that it wouldn't work with those specs. So I just went with the OEM

Old 05-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #23
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I had the Pfadt Sport Suspension+ installed in my car (drop springs, sway bars, and end links). I love the stance and driving on the twisties!

Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote