Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #127
Secret Squirrel

Drives: 1965 Chevelle Malibu
So here's a question...What if it isn't the sensor, and it isn't the pump? What other possibilities?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:48 AM   #128
Gen5SS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6 Spd Manual IOM
Add me to the list, happened on startup in the garage thankfully.
2010 2SS/RS, 417 stroker, 4.0 Callies crank and rods, JRE pistons w/hellfire nitrous top rings, Kooks 1 7/8 LT, Kooks 3" Exhaust, CAI Intake and Scoop, Cam SullivanGM W/ Hardened PR, Stock Heads. Dual Springs, Mcleod RXT Clutch, Hurst LL W/ Cruise Momentary, GM 3.91 gears, Nitrous Outlet direct port 200 shot, Dedicated Fuel Cell(C16), LNC2000 and NOS Mini controller, BMR suspension w/Bushings, Pfadt Drop, Pfadt Diff Bushings, 1400hp DSS Axles, DSS driveshaft, Solid Engine Mounts, Razzi Body Kit, Speedhut Gauges,T-REX Phantom Grills (Black) 533RWHP/500RWTQ N/A, 724RWHP/816RWTQ 200 Shot
Gen5SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #129
Gen5SS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6 Spd Manual IOM
I installed the melling 10296 and I now have better oil pressure than I did before, they really should fix the sticking pressure relief valve issue on these pumps.
2010 2SS/RS, 417 stroker, 4.0 Callies crank and rods, JRE pistons w/hellfire nitrous top rings, Kooks 1 7/8 LT, Kooks 3" Exhaust, CAI Intake and Scoop, Cam SullivanGM W/ Hardened PR, Stock Heads. Dual Springs, Mcleod RXT Clutch, Hurst LL W/ Cruise Momentary, GM 3.91 gears, Nitrous Outlet direct port 200 shot, Dedicated Fuel Cell(C16), LNC2000 and NOS Mini controller, BMR suspension w/Bushings, Pfadt Drop, Pfadt Diff Bushings, 1400hp DSS Axles, DSS driveshaft, Solid Engine Mounts, Razzi Body Kit, Speedhut Gauges,T-REX Phantom Grills (Black) 533RWHP/500RWTQ N/A, 724RWHP/816RWTQ 200 Shot
Gen5SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #130
Chupacabra

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Just happened to my 2010 Camaro SS for the third time friday. First two times it said no oil pressure it was under warranty, now this third time it is doing the exact same thing, but I'm past the bumper to bumper warranty. I hope they do the right thing and repair it free of charge as this is a known issue. Fingers crossed, I'll find out Monday morning.
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #131
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
Just happened to my 2010 Camaro SS for the third time friday. First two times it said no oil pressure it was under warranty, now this third time it is doing the exact same thing, but I'm past the bumper to bumper warranty. I hope they do the right thing and repair it free of charge as this is a known issue. Fingers crossed, I'll find out Monday morning.
It should be covered under your drivetrain warranty.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #132
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
Chupacabra,

Apologies to hear of the oil pressure concerns with your Camaro. I'd appreciate any updates you can provide regarding your service visit. If additional assistance is needed, feel free to let me know.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:44 PM   #133
tonyG

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I'm here to join the failed oil pump club! Really can't believe that at 12,500mi I'm already having problems. First the steering pump at 10k miles, now the oil pump issue. My car is stuck at a friends house and I won't be able to do anything until Monday morning. Drove it all day and seemed fine (although I wasn't laying attention to the oil psi) came home for about an hr started it up and I get the message "low oil pressure shut off engine" turned it off checked the oil and it was fine so I started it again and it ran fine but it seemed like the oil psi was slighter lower than normal. Got to my friends house, hung out for a few hrs and when I started it it gave me the message to shut down again. Left it alone and got a ride home...
tonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #134
Genersis 1000

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS LFX Velvet Blue
what engines are having oil pump problem. Is it the V6
Genersis 1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #135
tonyG

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genersis 1000 View Post
what engines are having oil pump problem. Is it the V6
I believe mainly the v8s. Based on a majority of post 10-11' models seem to be the issue I believe
tonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:10 AM   #136
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
They all have this problem; 2010-2013!! Corvette and Camaro. I read on a couple of forums ans bunch of 2013' had the no oil pressure issue. Its a serious problem. Melling oil pump FTW!!!

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:50 AM   #137
Teamradrz1

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition
So my car has the same issue, (2012 LS3 46K miles) was at the coast on a Camaro get together and went over to a friends that morning for BF before heading back home was there for about an hour came out started the car and before getting out of the driveway "DING DING DING" Low oil pressure shut engine off. Shut it down checked the oil it was fine checked for leaks didn't see any. Started it back up maybe a gauge misread, the gauge pack said 0 OP. Shut it back off got a flash light to see if I could see oil pumping to the top end started it up and started "ticking" quickly shut it back off and called the tow truck. So I call the local dealer as I'm back home over 3.5 hours from my car and he says I was 2 quarts low and after he topped it off my oil pressure came back up. I told him I checked the oil when the alarm went off he said looks like an oil consumption problem. I said ok for arguments sake let's say I read the dipstick wrong even 2 quarts low there is enough oil in the pan to have oil pressure, he agreed but said seems fine now and for me to come get my car and should follow up with my local dealer for further inspection. I agree would be nice to have my car closer to home, I asked well what if it drops to zero again on the way home and it damages the engine? Well it would be covered under the powertrain warranty he said.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:12 AM   #138
Pink Lady
Pedal to the metal.

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro
I have a video of my 07 cobalt doing this exact problem. It does it all the time and impalas are doing it too from what ive read. its not the sensor nor is it throwing a code and its mainly when you let off the gas n rpms are btw 1500 and 2000 for me. But yet the dealership said I can not replicate the problem... which im not surprised because it is so sporadic.
This problem is the reason i bought my camaro. I would love to know the fix for this because its alarming to see the low oil pressure light flash at you and this car is my dd.
Pink Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #139
jonnyb

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyb
Thumbs down

Well add me to the list. At 27K I parked my car in front of my house got out and did some work around the house. As the sun started going down I started to put things away. I started the car to put in in the garage and bingo NO OIL PRESSURE. I shut the car down immediately got out and checked the oil. Checked under the car for and puddles. It had plenty of oil on the stick and nothing under the car. So I tried starting it again and same thing. I did end up backing the car into the garage so it would not be left on the street. We have had some vandalism and car break ins in the neighborhood lately (High school kids with nothing better to do) so I did not want to leave it in the street. I ran the car for about 30 seconds just to get it in the garage. When I shut it down the engine did not sound happy. Due to work schedule and a previously paid for vacation I was not able to do anything with the car for about three weeks.

Now I had modded the engine and did not want to hear any bullshit from the dealership about it affecting the warranty. So I had another shop tear down the engine. This was after I found out about the TSB. We figured that it had damaged the cam and planned on changing it plus the oil pump. Had I known about this issue a couple years ago I would have gladly paid for the oil pump to be changed and upgraded. Once the engine was partially torn down I got a call from the shop telling it was much worse than what we thought. The cam bearings were seized on the shaft with a lot of metal shavings in the engine. So I had lower oil pressure for a while before the DIC idiot light came on at start up!

I am writing this for a couple reasons.

I hope people read this thread and change the oil pump before it costs them an engine when they are out of warranty. Or a dealership puts in a new oil pump on a damaged engine and then if fails the customer later down the road.
I was very pissed that this is what took out my engine. I always figured I would have to rebuild the engine one day due to driving habits or mods that had been done. I was good with this because an engine failure was expected because of me and not a ****ing factory defect on such a critical part.
Also I needed to vent. I fought with the local dealership on other warranty issues dealing with a 02 Avalanche. Now my 08 Duramax has recall notices on it! I have always been a very loyal GM customer but I am started to question it because of these issues. There is a lot more I can say here but I won’t.
BTW Customer Service I am living on a credit card for the next few months because of the engine replace cost! But I am sending the oil pump back to you with a small note.

jonnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #140
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
I just made it to 70,000 miles on my 2011 without any issues and biggest mod I have are headers.I just can't understand how some people are not only getting this problem with low mileage ,but than not once,but sometimes twice ,have a repeat problem after pump changes.