Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #15
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDILLON View Post
Nope. Still a red 'X'
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:10 PM   #16
PDILLON

Drives: GMC Slycone - 2011 SS Camaro conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragtopguy View Post
Nope. Still a red 'X'

RATS
PDILLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #17
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
You need a new top and frame. Those rub marks are going to get worse.

It is also misaligned. You have a leaking potential with that piece of rubber not properly folding back in. (Look at the other side it will probably fold back in properly.)

Check the alignment with the top almost down (2" from closed). Is there an even gap with the frame all the way across?
Old 09-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #18
sswiss3000

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Vert, L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAP2011RSRAGTOP View Post
ONE MORE TIME

just FYI, in your first pic you can see that rubber piece bent around. my dealer just told me that there is a fix for that as it is a know issue. just in case you still have that issue
sswiss3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #19
JD's 45th
No one likes a copycat

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by sswiss3000 View Post
just FYI, in your first pic you can see that rubber piece bent around. my dealer just told me that there is a fix for that as it is a know issue. just in case you still have that issue
What did your dealer tell you? Mine does the same only on the drivers side. I usually just push mine in. I have no other issues with my top and I'm afraid to take it to my dealer.

JD's 45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #20
sswiss3000

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Vert, L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD's 45th View Post
What did your dealer tell you? Mine does the same only on the drivers side. I usually just push mine in. I have no other issues with my top and I'm afraid to take it to my dealer.
JD, my dealer only mentioned that there is a bulletin about this issue. I have not yet received any further details. End of this week my dealer should have all the parts and I will go in and take some pics. I will see if I can find out what exactly is part of this specific issue.

Go ahead and ask you dealer to look it up for you. you have nothing to loose.
sswiss3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #21
JD's 45th
No one likes a copycat

Thanks sswiss. I may give them a call. I just hope it's some minor fix.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:12 AM   #22
JD's 45th
No one likes a copycat

Got mine in yesterday. They have to order the part which should be here next week. It's a minor fix. I also told them not to touch my keys. The service guy said they don't do anything to the keys unless you specifically ask them to do the recall. I didn't have to sign any paperwork. When I picked the car up last night I dealt with a different service guy. He didn't mention the recall either.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:58 AM   #23
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Black/IO Vert
Quote:
Got mine in yesterday. They have to order the part which should be here next week. It's a minor fix. I also told them not to touch my keys. The service guy said they don't do anything to the keys unless you specifically ask them to do the recall. I didn't have to sign any paperwork. When I picked the car up last night I dealt with a different service guy. He didn't mention the recall either.
I took my car in for top issues too and my EX-dealer chopped my key. When they handed me the "fixed" key, I let them know how unhappy I was! The service writer said "well, you didn't tell us not to do the key recall."
AFCMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:31 PM   #24
camarocruzer

Drives: White 2014 2SS/RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFCMSGTRET View Post
I took my car in for top issues too and my EX-dealer chopped my key. When they handed me the "fixed" key, I let them know how unhappy I was! The service writer said "well, you didn't tell us not to do the key recall."
Just pm'd you......but I thought I would leave this here as well. I posted this in another new forum as well for others.
Attached Images

CAI by Cold Air Inductions, Inc with Strong MAF Sensor / Borla ATAK Cat-Back Exhaust / SOLO Performance High Flow Catalytic Converters / SOLO J-Pipes / Vitesse Throttle Controller / Apex Catch Can / Vmax Ported Throttle Body / Range v8 AFM Disable Module by Range Technology / SLP Fade to Black Side Gill Decals / APEX Washer Replacement System and CAI Scoop / BMR Front and Rear Sway Bars / BMR Rear Trailing Arms / BMR Front End Links
camarocruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:40 AM   #25
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Black/IO Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarocruzer View Post
Just pm'd you......but I thought I would leave this here as well. I posted this in another new forum as well for others.

I got the PM, Great Info and thanks for posting. I'm going to return my key to its original condition...the way it was meant to be and never let a dealer touch it again
AFCMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #26
camarocruzer

Drives: White 2014 2SS/RS Coupe
Oh good! It's really easy and just make sure you leave it be after you glue it in for a little until it dries. I left mine overnight to be double sure. I have a clamp, so I applied light constant pressure. If you don't have a clamp just place two heavy things on either side and leave it like that.

CAI by Cold Air Inductions, Inc with Strong MAF Sensor / Borla ATAK Cat-Back Exhaust / SOLO Performance High Flow Catalytic Converters / SOLO J-Pipes / Vitesse Throttle Controller / Apex Catch Can / Vmax Ported Throttle Body / Range v8 AFM Disable Module by Range Technology / SLP Fade to Black Side Gill Decals / APEX Washer Replacement System and CAI Scoop / BMR Front and Rear Sway Bars / BMR Rear Trailing Arms / BMR Front End Links
camarocruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #27
lgndlt5

Drives: 2010 1lt
Reinstalling a Key blade.

FYI. Instead of Glue simply go to a REGULAR, old school hardware store and purchase the correct "roll pin", size 3/32". Make sure the pin is installed in the key blade side with the indent. Just use a small hammer to tap it in. If it is too long this makes installation (tapping it in) much easier. Then just trim the excess length. Cutting wheel, snips & file, grinder, proton laser beam, etc. Absolute childs play. Back in business.
lgndlt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #28
Danb

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Vert
JD's 45th or sswiss3000... Did you find out from your dealers what the specific fix was for this piece of rubber sticking out? I have this on my 2013 on both sides. Didn't realize it was not normal until reading this thread. Thanks.

Quote:
Danb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bubbles, convertible, top