Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #1
Tweiten
Tweety

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Unhappy Inoperative Passenger Airbag

Very bad news for me today. I have had a service airbag light on and off for a while now so I took it in and was told I have an inoperative passenger side airbag. $622 to fix..... This sucks becuase my warranty expired this winter while my car was in storage. I guess this is like a shitty birthday present from my car becuase my birthday was yesterday.

So for anyone who has a Service Airbag light. Hopefully you will have better luck then me. And if your light just keeps going on and off. Bring it in becuase they should be able to read the code in the computers history.

Tweiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #2
Tweiten
Tweety

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Can you buy an extended warranty?
I'm not sure. Would I be able to randomly just purchase before I paid for the repair?

Tweiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:34 PM   #3
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
is the dealer replacing the passenger airbag? I highly doubt there is anything wrong with the passenger airbag. Find out what codes the dealer found. Sounds like it was something like "open circuit passenger airbag".

It is probably just a bad connection somewhere (good chance at the passenger airbag connector). I don't know how accessible the connector is... but unplugging and cleaning, etc might fix it.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:49 PM   #4
Bmags

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
I would also be surprised if it was the airbag itself, I would be looking for a connection issue or poor ground wire in the airbag circuit.
Bmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #5
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweiten View Post
I'm not sure. Would I be able to randomly just purchase before I paid for the repair?

maybe, but that warranty will almost definitely cost more than $600. probably 1500-2500 if you want bumper to bumper.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote