Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 05-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #15
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Drives: 2010 1SSRS M6 Black of course!
So what is the Auxilary Kit Part # for putting this into a 1SS? Does it come with the wire harness for the gauges to the main harness by the E-Brake? Thats the key part to make sure it contains??

Is this complete kit available in Canada and for how much? If not anyone have a clue who could/would build that harness for a guy/?
sask-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:58 PM   #16
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
I've found the correct number which includes the cover as well as the gauge packs which is the accessory add on. List price is 529.95 plus taxes. I can sell them for a good discount if people want them. They are ship direct from vendor and could take some time (at least 5-10 shipping days) to arrive. Let me know.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #17
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

I can actually do ti for almost 100 off of list price. Usually there is more markup in price, but not for accessories. 92247190 is the right number. I was looking non accessory parts first off.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #18
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkngldbabe View Post
I can actually do ti for almost 100 off of list price. Usually there is more markup in price, but not for accessories. 92247190 is the right number. I was looking non accessory parts first off.
Can you get your hands on the wire harness that connects the gauges into the main harness by the e-brake?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #19
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Is the highlighted number what you are referring to?
Old 05-20-2010, 10:13 PM   #20
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

No thats the harness that connects the Ipod plug in the armrest. GM makes the harness but when my parts guy called to the highest person he could find who would know, they said that GM has NO plans to ever release that harness, even though they build it as part of the kit, which I also cant seem to get here in Canada!

Luckily theres a great guy on the forum who is building one for me, which I will be EXTREMELY grateful for!
Old 05-21-2010, 01:49 AM   #21
Lfsabch

Drives: 2018 Camaro1ls
Quote:
I've found the correct number which includes the cover as well as the gauge packs which is the accessory add on. List price is 529.95 plus taxes. I can sell them for a good discount if people want them. They are ship direct from vendor and could take some time (at least 5-10 shipping days) to arrive. Let me know.
anyone else as confused as i am, so is this all thats needed to add the 4 pack into a 1ss?
Lfsabch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:12 AM   #22
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfsabch View Post
anyone else as confused as i am, so is this all thats needed to add the 4 pack into a 1ss?
Without the wire harness from the aux gauges to the main harness, the kits are worthless as they cannot be powered from the main harness plug where the one you have in your 1SS currently is.

The harness you need runs from the Aux gauges to a "splitter" plug that goes to the harness connector located right by your e-brake handle on the passenger side.

I bought the gauges from a 2SS "assuming" they would plug and run...wrong! So now I had to find someone to build me a harness....
Old 05-22-2010, 12:37 AM   #23
Lfsabch

Drives: 2018 Camaro1ls
awesome thanks, 2ss it is lol
Lfsabch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #24
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Did you buy the replacement parts or the accessory ones? Just curious as I have a set on order for someone and will bring in a harness if necessary. Man, what a PITA.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:47 PM   #25
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Quote:
Did you buy the replacement parts or the accessory ones? Just curious as I have a set on order for someone and will bring in a harness if necessary. Man, what a PITA.
No I bought direct replacement for a 2SS, gauges, tray, traction switch, aux plug - came with everything but the dam harness to connect the guages to the side wire harness. I wrongly assumed you could just plug it into the stock harness at the front of the tray where it currently plugs in, but on a 1SS that supplies power ONLY for traction and Aux plug. Once again I wrongly assumed that GM would not make two frikin different wire harnesses for a 1SS and 2SS - yet another game they play to screw people from easily adding certain options and all but forcing you to buy a whole option group, or in this case a whole different model!

If you know where a guy can land one of those adapter harnesses - let me know ASAP!
Old 05-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #26
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

This is a problem apparently LOL. I have a set of accessory gauges on order and was hoping to just open the box and see what is in there. Most accessory packs (ie fog lamps for trucks) come with everything necessary to make it work. I'm hoping. If not I also have the wiring harness ordered too. Do you have the number they ordered? It would be helpful for me to figure out if it was indeed an accessory number or not. Thanks so much.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:12 PM   #27
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Quote:
This is a problem apparently LOL. I have a set of accessory gauges on order and was hoping to just open the box and see what is in there. Most accessory packs (ie fog lamps for trucks) come with everything necessary to make it work. I'm hoping. If not I also have the wiring harness ordered too. Do you have the number they ordered? It would be helpful for me to figure out if it was indeed an accessory number or not. Thanks so much.
You cannot order the harness...thats the problem...GM will NOT sell it alone, outside of there kit (which Im not even sure is available in Canada??) You will have to make, or find someone to make you that harness or those gauges will not work. The harness they refer to is the harness that connects the gauges, traction control and power outlet, but you need one from the gauges to the adapter "splice plug" that goes by your e-brake on the passenger side.

I know the guys in the states have been able to order the kits for the 1SS update, and that kit DOES come with the correct harness, but those kits do not work in Canadian cars as ours require the metric gauges.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #28
Burnt_RS

Drives: '10 1LT/RS
My accessory gauge kit came in today. It has all necessary parts (including the wiring harness). Thanks blkngldbabe! If anyone wants any parts or service, I highly recommend dealing with Highland GM in Aurora, Ontario. I switched to them from my original dealer and couldn't be happier. Ask for Jenn, in the parts dept!
Burnt_RS is offline   Reply With Quote