Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #169
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Drives: ABM RS\SS; 69 427 Camaro; 1970 Z28
arguing via the internet

...nothing better... lol
AquaRSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #170
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRSSS View Post
Really?? Milk 1027... how many have YOU driven lately? You're posting your response based on the fact that YOUR car has no problems! Clearly, some cars don't exhibit this behavior..this was stated; Congrats yours in one of them. That doesn't mean everyone else that is having issues is a bad driver, abusing their cars or is hallucinating.
I said, I don't think it's real issue.

I didn't say it's not a concern. Everyone love to misinterpret my words around here.
For the record, all the other M6 owners I have talked to in person don't have a problem either. Which leads me to believe that in fact it is not a real issue..... yet.

And if you read my posts, I've had the clutch stick to the floor three times before. I still don't see it as an issue.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #171
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I said, I don't think it's real issue.

I didn't say it's not a concern. Everyone love to misinterpret my words around here.
For the record, all the other M6 owners I have talked to in person don't have a problem either. Which leads me to believe that in fact it is not a real issue..... yet.

And if you read my posts, I've had the clutch stick to the floor three times before. I still don't see it as an issue.
Best to look into that mite be a known problem early before the 100,000th Camaro rolls of the assembly line...

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #172
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

define "Issue"

Ok,
For the sake of argument, clarify what you would consider an issue then? ..

What's the difference between a concern and an issue? Sounds to me like if several dozen (or more) Camaro owners can't stand to drive their cars because of a manufacturing discrepancy ( or whatever you want to term it), it's a concern, but since GM doesn't recognize these "Concerns", therefore they're not an "ISSUE"..i.e. GM should not fix them? Is that what you're getting at?

Concern= owners point of view
Issue = GM's responsibility
Old 05-24-2010, 04:11 PM   #173
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Ok,
For the sake of argument, clarify what you would consider an issue then? ..

What's the difference between a concern and an issue? Sounds to me like if several dozen (or more) Camaro owners can't stand to drive their cars because of a manufacturing discrepancy ( or whatever you want to term it), it's a concern, but since GM doesn't recognize these "Concerns", therefore they're not an "ISSUE"..i.e. GM should not fix them? Is that what you're getting at?

Concern= owners point of view
Issue = GM's responsibility

I'm not trying to sound like I'm jumping on a band wagon here... but I been following these clutch threads and I totally agree with Aqua

Are we supposed to wait until GM recognizes it's a problem (no telling when that mite be) or GM should listen to the input on what it's customers has to say

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #174
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

GM recall...not waiting

Look, I don't wanna argue any more than necessary. I think someone else even mentioned that these forums are not a recognized format for the manufacturers, so I'm not holding my breath. I will drive my car sparingly until I can fix it to my liking. It's THAT painful to drive!
If I hadn't driven at least one car that had a smooth clutch, I'd be inclined to think I was nuts. But unfortunately I'm 1 for 5 at this point. I don't think it should be necessary to drop the trans out of a new car to make it act like what's expected of a 40K car, but until I come across another 6 speed car here in Colorado on the dealer-lot so that I can have the Service manager drive and compare that to mine, there are no options. My buddy whose car has the "nice" clutch got his in Michigan at Berger Chevrolet, by the way, so maybe there's a trend here.
Maybe the local Forum admin genius that knows how to do the Polling thing can set up a poll to see whose manual cars are having issues, and what state they're from and maybe build dates?? Probably a bit much to ask, but hey, what the hey???
Old 05-24-2010, 04:24 PM   #175
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
There already is a thread with all of us having the issues, with VINs. I think it's the Clutch petition thread...

But then again, our "concerns" aren't real! We just don't know how to drive sticks!!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:26 PM   #176
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Once again. I have never said that GM shouldn't fix it.

And to think that GM is sitting around with their arms crossed is pretty funny. Trust me, they are aware of this, and if it really is an issue, they will let us know.
To me a concern is something that I should keep an eye out for. Just like wheel hop causing my output shaft to break.
A real issue would cause a widespread recall to all Manual transmission SS's.
I just don't see it reaching that level.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #177
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
There already is a thread with all of us having the issues, with VINs. I think it's the Clutch petition thread...

But then again, our "concerns" aren't real! We just don't know how to drive sticks!!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #178
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Clutch petition thread

I will see if I can find that thread and subscribe to it then and just monitor it. I have two more dealers in mind that I'm going to "hit up" this long weekend, and then the car goes back into moth-ball stage until I scrounge up the $$ and time to do the upgrade. I was hoping to have it addressed by a dealer before the summer driving months, but I'm not too hopeful at this point.
At least it'll look cool sitting in the garage.

(Funny, I was able to slip the 6-puck clutch in my manual linkage, Blown 440 Cuda, but can't even grocery-drive the Self-adjusting, hydraulic-clutch Camaro for 2 miles without cursing...Strange)
Old 05-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #179
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

GM will let us know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Once again. I have never said that GM shouldn't fix it.

And to think that GM is sitting around with their arms crossed is pretty funny. Trust me, they are aware of this, and if it really is an issue, they will let us know.
To me a concern is something that I should keep an eye out for. Just like wheel hop causing my output shaft to break.
A real issue would cause a widespread recall to all Manual transmission SS's.
I just don't see it reaching that level.

For once, we agree on one point, it won't reach that level; That's because GM says there is no problem, issue, concern, whatever.

This is no different than noticing a hazardous intersection in town and nobody does anything about it, until someone dies. Then, all of a sudden, there are stop signs and a light put up the next week.

Reactionary governance! Corporate America at its finest. If it costs $50 million to fix, and the law suits equal $5 million, then it doesn't get fixed!
Simple as that.
This clutch issue is a pain, but it ultimately is NOT a safety issue...until someone gets seriously hurt, then GM will act.

A lot of Pinto owners waited for Ford to own up to the issue with the gas tank... didn't work out for them. ROTFLMAO

I, for one, am not waiting 2 years for GM to "Let us know".
I just want to drive my car and not cuss at it.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #180
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
For once, we agree on one point, it won't reach that level; That's because GM says there is no problem, issue, concern, whatever.

This is no different than noticing a hazardous intersection in town and nobody does anything about it, until someone dies. Then, all of a sudden, there are stop signs and a light put up the next week.

Reactionary governance! Corporate America at its finest. If it costs $50 million to fix, and the law suits equal $5 million, then it doesn't get fixed!
Simple as that.
This clutch issue is a pain, but it ultimately is NOT a safety issue...until someone gets seriously hurt, then GM will act.

A lot of Pinto owners waited for Ford to own up to the issue with the gas tank... didn't work out for them. ROTFLMAO

I, for one, am not waiting 2 years for GM to "Let us know".
I just want to drive my car and not cuss at it.
With every issue like this we have one rule. Be respectful and leave the sarcasm out of your posts.

We can't speak for nor can we Guess what GM is or isn't doing.

We don't always get the answer we want. Take the ambient lighting issue as an example. GM chose not to deliver it as originally designed and there wasn't much we could do about it.

Don't think for one second that you guys can use camaro5.com as your own personal bully pulpit to push your agenda.

there are for more productive and less obnoxious ways of getting your issue addressed by GM.

So watch the tone and quit taking your frustrations out on the members and staff here. If you want to be frustrated then go pester your dealer. And we have far less pull with GM than you might think.

It's down to wait and see.

No one said the issue isn't a legit one. We won't however let people speculate on what GM may or may not be doing and then judge them for they may or may not have done....

The silent masses that haven't started threads about how well their clutches work are silent for a reason. Again don't confuse the problems of the few for widespread catastrophe...

You have every right to be upset. But we will only allow so much bitching to take place here.

I hope that makes sense.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #181
Lfsabch

Drives: 2018 Camaro1ls
one theory being, they are aware of the issue (alot are saying its the pressure plate and GM has developed a new one. BUT if they did a mass recall then it could jeopardize the timimg of the 2011 so they are only fixing ones that dealers can replicate the problems, ?
Lfsabch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:54 PM   #182
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Send a PM.

Or change your wording.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote