Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-17-2011, 03:54 AM   #1
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Bumper Cracking (Melted a bit)

Hey i had my rear bumper replaced cause a friend of mine hit me lightly and poked a hole, so i had dealer replace me a new bumper all covered from the hit, now, some months later, idk how many but i notice my back bumper right in the center is cracking and then near the black area where mufflers are but still on the car paint its like melting together into clumps, Whats going on? will dealer fix this free since this most likely is their fault?

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e.../WP_000433.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e.../WP_000434.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e.../WP_000435.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e.../WP_000436.jpg
Hellfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
rlem00

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Looks like one of two things, either you hit something or they did not mix the paint properly/did not use paints for plastic (too hard and rigid for plastic). I would definitely take it back, but I would not let them paint it again, I'd find a good body shop that is recommended by people you trust.
rlem00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Hellfighter

I i did not hit anything i am sure of it, because i was parked for 5 entire days almost. In the drive way.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
Hey i had my rear bumper replaced cause a friend of mine hit me lightly and poked a hole, so i had dealer replace me a new bumper all covered from the hit, now, some months later, idk how many but i notice my back bumper right in the center is cracking and then near the black area where mufflers are but still on the car paint its like melting together into clumps, Whats going on? will dealer fix this free since this most likely is their fault?

Here you go OP. Most people don't like to click links, so figured I would help you out.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #5
mercedestech

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM,2013 Mercedes ML350
Looks like somone may have hit you...usually paint won't crack like that unless the part it is on is flexed to the point it can no longer adhere. Someone probably bumped into you pushing the bumper in a bit. The bumper popped back out, the paint..not so much.
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Whipple 2.9L, Rotofab CAI and coil covers, XS Power LT's and full 3" exhaust, Vengeance kaotic cam package (trunion kit,dual springs,titanium retainers,hardened pushrods,c5r chain,ls2 tensioner, melling oil pump) Mgw shifter, 160 deg Tstat, prosport gauges, LPE dual pump, FIC 60lb injectors, level 5 DSS Axles

1994 Z28 MSD optispark, K&N CAI, Magnaflow y pipe..Cat..and cat back. 1998 wheels, custom tune(sold )
1993 Base V6 sold to buy Z28
1994 Purple Pearl V6...sold
1979 Base Car with inline 250ci 6 cyl! My first car in 1989!
mercedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #6
Hellfighter

Your kidding me, But what about the melted paint near the bottom thats not from a bump. My theory still stands with faulty paint and i really hope dealer will fix it, if not, im going to be a pist off customer >.> i dont want whole bumper repainted for like 500$ such a waste of cash. And Thank you Stieger
Old 07-18-2011, 01:45 AM   #7
Lfsabch

Drives: 2018 Camaro1ls
my car had that after i was "bumped" unfortunetly. havent seen paint issue cause melting or buckling before..
Lfsabch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #8
Hellfighter

Well i went too the dealer, he told me someone hit me.. when i was parked in a driveway i dont know how or why, but the cost he said 500$ minimum, i think thats bull, and he bent my bumper inwards to show me its broken or something i dont know what to do right now with that said, it really pisses me off too see jackoffs hitting beautiful cars like these just because they are jelous.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #9
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Well i went too the dealer, he told me someone hit me.. when i was parked in a driveway i dont know how or why, but the cost he said 500$ minimum, i think thats bull, and he bent my bumper inwards to show me its broken or something i dont know what to do right now with that said, it really pisses me off too see jackoffs hitting beautiful cars like these just because they are jelous.
That is what you have insurance for. it does look like it has been hit with something may not have been a car or truck. while you were gone and it was sitting in your driveway did you have someone mow your lawn? or do you have a lawn service mow? could be hit by a mower or a piece of flying debris...
Old 08-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #10
Hellfighter

Nope i dont trust other people mowing. I was at friends house for 5 days and he has a decent long driveway. Insurance yes but dont want rates to go up ten folds just for 500$....
Old 08-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #11
DietCoke
Slow Turtle

Drives: 2011 1SS
Send a message via AIM to DietCoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedestech View Post
Looks like somone may have hit you...usually paint won't crack like that unless the part it is on is flexed to the point it can no longer adhere. Someone probably bumped into you pushing the bumper in a bit. The bumper popped back out, the paint..not so much.
DietCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:39 AM   #12
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Nope i dont trust other people mowing. I was at friends house for 5 days and he has a decent long driveway. Insurance yes but dont want rates to go up ten folds just for 500$....
it shouldn't go up that much unless you have had many claims already. Who is your insurance through? When I backed my HHR into a pole (the pole was below window level and I could not see it was there) I got mine fixed my the insurance and it didn"t go up a bit. Of course I have had the same insurance company for over 30 years and had not had a claim in a long time.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #13
Hellfighter

No we havent had any claims in while. But on a old 2006 mitsubishi galant was hit many times my mom claimed repairs on it, idk if that will still occur on prise raise, and we have Nationwide.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #14
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
No we havent had any claims in while. But on a old 2006 mitsubishi galant was hit many times my mom claimed repairs on it, idk if that will still occur on prise raise, and we have Nationwide.
I have State Farm, my dad had Nationwide and they were always screwing up his policies. seemed like every time he would trade cars they would change the wrong policy. When I left home back in 73, he took me off his policy and dropped my car. well they took me off ok but they dropped his car off the policy, he went a year until his renewal before he found out he was basically uncovered.... Of course that was many years ago.