Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
OK...I have to chime in on this lol.

Fastest 0 - 60 magazine time I've seen for the auto V6 is 6.0...while the fastest manual time I've seen is 5.6 or 5.7 (I definitely believe the stock auto could pull off a sub 6 as well, but so many factors like traction and air DA affect this)

I doubt there are any products out there that are 100% accurate...the most accurate probably being the Gtech or VBOX...but those are expensive.

I use an app on my phone called Torque...which measures these times via the car's OBD-II port and GPS. NOT by an accelerometer. I'm not saying accelerometers are all inaccurate, but they have to be set up perfectly from my understanding.

Anyways, I am in-experienced with launching my car hard...but since I got the app I did try some on a cold day. With exhaust, intake, and ported TB I was getting 6 and 6.1 because of wheel spin. I tried more and eventually got a couple 5.8 0 - 60 runs with the app.

If I could get a hard launch without TC kicking in I am certain a mid 5 would be easily possible for my car using this app.

What I don't know, is if my app is accurate, or maybe even a tad slow?

I hope to do more runs when it warms up and see what happens...but will say getting below 4 for the V6 with mild bolt ons and no drag radials seems unlikely to me. That said...I think the idea of mid to low 5s with the V6 sounds friggin awesome and I know that is possible.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #16
ubrimah
Oreo

Drives: Summit White LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
OK...I have to chime in on this lol.

Fastest 0 - 60 magazine time I've seen for the auto V6 is 6.0...while the fastest manual time I've seen is 5.6 or 5.7 (I definitely believe the stock auto could pull off a sub 6 as well, but so many factors like traction and air DA affect this)

I doubt there are any products out there that are 100% accurate...the most accurate probably being the Gtech or VBOX...but those are expensive.

I use an app on my phone called Torque...which measures these times via the car's OBD-II port and GPS. NOT by an accelerometer. I'm not saying accelerometers are all inaccurate, but they have to be set up perfectly from my understanding.

Anyways, I am in-experienced with launching my car hard...but since I got the app I did try some on a cold day. With exhaust, intake, and ported TB I was getting 6 and 6.1 because of wheel spin. I tried more and eventually got a couple 5.8 0 - 60 runs with the app.

If I could get a hard launch without TC kicking in I am certain a mid 5 would be easily possible for my car using this app.

What I don't know, is if my app is accurate, or maybe even a tad slow?

I hope to do more runs when it warms up and see what happens...but will say getting below 4 for the V6 with mild bolt ons and no drag radials seems unlikely to me. That said...I think the idea of mid to low 5s with the V6 sounds friggin awesome and I know that is possible.
What app?

ubrimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #17
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Torque for android....I had it listed there. Its great.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #18
2SS 2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Black
Why is everyone always trying to compare the V6 to the V8.. I mean really.. It's apples and oranges

The V6 in these cars are completely amazing .. !

The V8 is well.. A V8 and thats that..
2SS 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #19
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
no one's accusing you of lying. they're just saying you're mistaken. that your li'l device there is inaccurate. you're talkin' 'bout a 1.5 second improvement in 0-60 by adding a few mods, when adding two more cylinders doesn't give you that much of a bump. no offense to you, sir, but it does seem a li'l hard to believe.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #20
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
With my intake and exhaust my little v6 is pretty quick. It can hold you back in your seat in second gear and you can easily hit 60 in second. Im betting my car can easily do 5.5 0-60. There is very little difference in feel between the v8 and my v6 exclusively in 2nd gear. The difference is when you hit 3rd in the v8 you continue to be held back as the car accelerates hard. The power in the v6 is noticeably lacking in third gear in comparison. Im ordering a v8 so I'm not bashing, I'm upgrading! I decided to go fully loaded so it's not all about cylinders.

Last edited by JoshBobGuptaMarley; 02-16-2012 at 08:58 AM.
JoshBobGuptaMarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:00 AM   #21
Android42019
The Black Emerald

Drives: '17 ZL1, '08 Trailblazer, '11 1LTRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS 2011 View Post
Why is everyone always trying to compare the V6 to the V8.. I mean really.. It's apples and oranges

The V6 in these cars are completely amazing .. !

The V8 is well.. A V8 and thats that..
this ^
Old 02-17-2012, 02:10 AM   #22
mrgm
cheap and fast

Drives: older
just record the speedo
mrgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:34 AM   #23
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
ok ill put it into perspective for you guys

300rwhp v6 should net you these times-use the L99 for reference
Not saying that this is accurate, it could be off, and if it is which I suspect, its not going to be a whole second off, maybe a few tenths. At worst, he ran a high 4 second run or low 5 second which is DAMN impressive for a v6

He also could have a blessed motor which happens often too. Look at Sixjak, he has multiple vids of his car keeping up with or beating SSs
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:25 AM   #24
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 GTO View Post
Ok, never posted this one with a GMPP axle back, shorty headers and Airaid V1 intake.

Where did u buy that thing???? Pls tell me where to buy it.

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #25
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Lmao 67 can you please elaborate
The tricky little device is consistent, consistently wrong. lol

It's a handy gadget for comparing before and after modifications when used under the same conditions.

It seems to complete the 0-60mph test a little early, at about 58 mph. Another forum member felt the same when using his.

I actually tested one against a 1/4 mile time slip and the gadget showed a better time by a little over 2 tenths.

I bought mine for $38 over two years ago, I did a quick search and it seems to be in scant supply right now. Amazon wants $150 for the ones it has left.

http://www.amazon.com/T-Matrix-3-Axi.../dp/B000KZRE5E

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #26
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:

It's a handy gadget for comparing before and after modifications when used under the same conditions.

It seems to complete the 0-60mph test a little early, at about 58 mph. Another forum member felt the same when using his.

I actually tested one against a 1/4 mile time slip and the gadget showed a better time by a little over 2 tenths.

I bought mine for $38 over two years ago, I did a quick search and it seems to be in scant supply right now. Amazon wants $150 for the ones it has left.

Haha that's too funny! Can't believe its $150 now. No thanks lol thanks for chiming in
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #27
rock1962

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:

Having said that your car is getting to 60 in approx. 4.8 sec correct?
rock1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:00 AM   #28
11 Camaro IBM

Drives: Camaro IBM
It's just hard to see that happening it's device error the new ipf superchargerd 460 hp v6 gets a 4.7 0-60 so it's hard to see a non FI v6 get in the 4s without a cam and head work
11 Camaro IBM is offline   Reply With Quote