Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #267
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Added one more:

Old 10-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #268
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
first thing i thought...
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #269
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
I pretty much agree with the general consensus, the mirrors are nasty, they're rediculously over inflated and i just dont like the idea of integrating turn signals into the mirrors anyways. The tail lights im a little more friendly too, im not a huge fan of it but i can dig it, id probly go for it if it were available but i dont wanna be stuck with that as my only option, i wanna be able to go back to the Vette style lights if i want also
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #270
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
Ok I did NOT read before posting but that is hidious. I'm pretty sure if I read every post I will look at the pics and think that's hidious
Well, if you did read you'd know that these are most likely changes made for foreign markets (Europe) so chances are we won't see any of them in North America, beyond pictures of them.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #271
DjfunkmasterG
Indie Zombie Film King

Drives: 2011 LS M6
Those Mirrors and taillights make me wanna vomit. So Glad I have a 2011. I am thinking like everyone else they are Euro-standard, but if they make it on US models when i do trade looks like I will either steal my mirrors and tail lights off my 2011 or go get another Mustang.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #272
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
at least their euro standards !!
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #273
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
OK I read all 11 pages so far. I understand that the large side mirrors are for the mandatory European regulations. I think it would be nice if GM could incorporate the LED marker lights into the current side mirror design. As for the tail lights, I am definitely in the minority, I really like them. The integrated design iliminates the separate back up lights of the current design. The yellow turn signals are a much better safety design and red LEDs will be much brighter also. I read that there were only a few of us that liked them but I hope that Chevy does use a high tech LED tail light. Just an old farts opinion.

Last edited by OldJedi; 10-06-2010 at 10:03 PM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #274
ProfArronax

Drives: 2015 2LT-RS AGM 6A
Send a message via Skype™ to ProfArronax
'Lemme guess - - an early April Fool prank, right? If not, what, are they meshuga or something?! Ruin a magnificent looking design in 2 easy steps. Something out of "Car architecture for Dummies" perhaps? Glad I got the 2011 version. [rant mode off]
ProfArronax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #275
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Well, if you did read you'd know that these are most likely changes made for foreign markets (Europe) so chances are we won't see any of them in North America, beyond pictures of them.
Nothing wrong with Chevrolet getting some insight into what their customers are thinking. Until someone from Chevrolet confirms or denies this design, you are also assuming.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #276
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
We are planning a trip to Europe next summer. Are you suggesting that if I see them in the proper environment that I would find them appealing? That may be for foreign markets but it is ugly in my opinion no matter the continent
Old 10-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #277
Knightmare

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I like the concept of having turn signals in, or around the side view mirrors, especially driving on a busy freeway with a lot of traffic. It can help tell drivers in your blind spots you are trying to turn into their lane.

But the mirrors are so huge and shaped incorrectly with the style of the car, so much so that they stand out.

The tail lights remind me of cheap Honda tail light customization mods I commonly see. Aka Horrific.

Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #278
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Now im enjoying the fact that there's a Michigan license plate dated to Feb 2013 driving through Germany xD Detroit Iron...or eh...plastic...
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #279
Knightmare

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
We are planning a trip to Europe next summer. Are you suggesting that if I see them in the proper environment that I would find them appealing? That may be for foreign markets but it is ugly in my opinion no matter the continent
Exactly, not only that, but the Camaro being an American car, speaks for the industry.

You don't want to send over a bag of dog **** with a red "SS" on it. It doesn't make that specific car driving down the road look bad (obviously it does, but continue), it makes Chevy look bad, and makes American cars look bad.

Reputation, presentation and everything in-between.

Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #280
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshep View Post
I hope that is some kind of twisted joke cause the mirrors and tail lights look like sh!t!!!!
ONE MORE , IF IT IS NOT BROKEN DO NOT FIX IT !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote