Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #43
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
I want the Adams Air Force Master Blaster car dryer...

*Lucille's thinking......I wonder if I can get a good deal if I go bash em on their facebook page*...................

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #44
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirthepot View Post
like i said, just say "I'm sorry" or "i realize i was was wrong" or "I wish I had said it differently"

Or all the above. Its take a big man to admit this, a small man looks for ways to avoid saying what is obvious to all.
He ordered the damn product. What more do you guys want him to do? He feels he was treated poorly and he's voicing his opinion. I don't see what he has to apologize for.

I didn't see the posts, but it seems like a better way for Dylan to have handled it was by outlining the facts he did above:

1)You get an $11 value free
2)With your discount, you spend $5 more for the peace of mind of ordering from an All-American company like Adam's with a 110% money back guarantee. So if you don't like it, you can make money on us- can't do that with Amazon.
3) Remember, we sponsor many forums in order to provide you with the best possible consumer relationship.

That would've spoken volumes more than pissing off a very loyal customer. People aren't stupid and if you just explain things calmly, most people are reasonable enough to see what you're saying. Sure you might lose a few customers who are trying to save that $5, but those cheapskates aren't the Adam's market anyway. We pay a premium for premium products AND SERVICE and I think they would do well to remember that.

In the internet age people are going to (hopefully) check prices before they buy anything. You might not always have the lowest price, but that doesn't mean you can't sway buyers using other incentives like the legendary Adam's guarantee, support, and (usually) customer service.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #45
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
DRAMA

I don't know about the rest of you, but I got tired of middle school girl drama just watching my sister do it all the time. This is between SSOCH and Dylan, end of story. There is no reason for their argument/discussion/talk to be a public matter.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #46
SlyJester7
SoCal HT5 *COTW 8/26/13*

Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Thanks SSOOCH... your posts were removed from the FB page b/c frankly they were rude.

To answer your question - Yes... it does come with more than what you get from amazon... for example at the moment you get a FREE 16oz bottle of Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner ($10.95 retail value) not to mention a lifetime 110% warranty versus the standard 1 year manufactures warranty. Not a whole lot of places you can buy products and get a lifetime warranty for just a little more. If its not worth it to you to have that extra insurance, thats fine. But I think there are a fair amount of people who would appreciate a 110% lifetime guarantee on a $200 shop vac. Not everything is price driven... any consideration of "price" vs. "value" would clear that up and wouldn't have needed this thread to be started.

I'd also mention that as a member of Camaro5 you can order that vacuum with your 10% off discount code subsequently taking the price down to $179.96... a whopping $5 more, with a free $11 product included and a lifetime warranty.
Gee... we're really putting the screws to you guys aren't we!! Just 2 more vacuums sold and I can put that fresh coat of 24K gold plate on my yacht before setting sail to San Tropetz!! <---(sarcasm)

Lets not forget that its Adam's, not Amazon, that pays vendors fees to support the site, donates thousands of dollars of product to various Camaro events, we run specials, sales, promotions, give aways, contests, and provide absolutely FREE detailing advice here day in and day out. I'm not seeing anyone from Amazon here offering that... but hey... the vacuums $5 cheaper right?

While your post is cute it doesn't seem to well thought out... as for treating customers like they're stupid. No, we don't, but the fact that you started this thread somewhat does that job for us in this specific situation doesn't it? The entire thing could have been easily handled with nothing more than a PM, email, phone call, or even some tact when posting to our page. As I'm sure 99.9% of this board will agree I'm about as accessible as any person can be at all hours, regardless of whether I'm on the clock or not (I'm responding to this BS at nearly midnight after coming home from a baseball game, rather than just going to bed, for example). I'm sure you could track me down if you had a special request on an order, or needed help with a detailing question, but for some reason this time you forgot how to find me? Instead you take the immature step of starting a thread here to undermine us? WOW.

Your post was deleted, because like it or not, we are running a business here, not a charity... referring our customers to an alternative place for a product we sell, and on OUR Facebook page no less, is somewhat counter-productive wouldn't you agree?? I don't know what you do for a living, but assume I came into your office and put up a sign that directed business elsewhere or to a competitor - something tells me you wouldn't just let me do that now would you?

If you'd like to continue this conversation please (assuming you haven't forgotten how) contact me via any one of the ways listed below, I'll be more than happy to answer any other questions you might have or arrange a refund for the products you do have so you can give some of the other companies you listed a try:
u nailed it right on the head with what i bolded. . . other then that the rest the was said was not necessary. Especially the sarcasm. . . really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Not sure what your beef is with me, I made it quite clear that the way you chose to go about asking your question and the manner in which you continued was the issue. No one said you can't speak your mind... no one said you can't have an opinion... I don't own/run/operate this forum so you're free to do as you please here, but not on our FB page.

I don't believe I insinuated you don't know how to pick up a phone... I pointed out you deliberately chose not to. You also chose not to email, PM, or contact me in any other way.

There is a mature way to handle things, then theres the way you chose to handle things. Get over it. Move on.
after he said that he was over it u post this? coming from a vendor/ rep from adams that didnt need to be said to a customer.
1 there is no point.
2 thats not showing good customer service
3 u would of been better off just leaving it with what u said being 5 dollars more expensive but getting the cleaner/warranty and supporting a vendor that supports camaro5. That was a great response the rest was just sad. . .
Old 07-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #47
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Alright everybody...how about the mods close this thread once both parties say all is good?
Old 07-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #48
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Alright everybody...how about the mods close this thread once both parties say all is good?
Works for me. I've seen all I need to see.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #49
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
DRAMA

I don't know about the rest of you, but I got tired of middle school girl drama just watching my sister do it all the time. This is between SSOCH and Dylan, end of story. There is no reason for their argument/discussion/talk to be a public matter.
Your right but your preaching to the wrong people. SSOCH himself made it a public matter when he decided to start this thread. I really don't understand why people use the internet to throw companies under the bus without first trying handle it in private. SSOCH also didn't explain the reasons for why he thought he was made to feel stupid. I took it to mean that Adam's customer service made him feel this way. I get what he was talking about after he finally posted what he meant on page two ,but by then the drama had already started.
And, if he did this on their FB page I can see why they would be upset and rightfully so.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #50
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
closed.

Closed Thread