Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-16-2022, 07:06 PM   #29
Keko

Drives: 2023 ZLE M6
Leonard do you have any insider info you can disclose?

Should I be worred about my Rapid Blue ZLE w/ PDR?
Old 07-16-2022, 07:13 PM   #30
LeonardS

Drives: 1969 Z28,1992 Z28,1994 Z28,1999 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keko View Post
Leonard do you have any insider info you can disclose?

Should I be worred about my Rapid Blue ZLE w/ PDR?
Unfortunately, nothing that will speed up your order…

I left off the PDR because I had heard of the constraints on them. I would make sure your dealer is aware of changes that you would be ok with. If he gets an allocation for a ZL1 coupe, but no PDR, would you take it? If so, let him know, so the allocation doesn’t go to the next guy.
94 Z28, Black, M6, 595 miles
92 Z28, last car built at Van Nuys Plant, Red, A4, 125 miles www.last1992camaro.com
69 Z28, Dusk Blue, M4
29 Ford Business Coupe
28 Ford Pickup
24 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB 4x4
22 Jeep Grand Cherokee
13 Ford F150 Crew Cab 4x4
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 07:20 PM   #31
Keko

Drives: 2023 ZLE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardS View Post
Unfortunately, nothing that will speed up your order…

I left off the PDR because I had heard of the constraints on them. I would make sure your dealer is aware of changes that you would be ok with. If he gets an allocation for a ZL1 coupe, but no PDR, would you take it? If so, let him know, so the allocation doesn’t go to the next guy.
From speaking to my dealer they have open allocations and seemed pretty confident. Most people in my area are likely placing orders for C8s as I'm nearby a very rich area. To me the PDR is a safety net for both retaining value if I were to sell (prob not ever) and the valet mode recordings for anywhere I drop the car off for some work which I do worry about.

I'm honestly fine waiting a year if that's what it takes. My 5th gen SS is no slouch so I don't fully know what I'm currently missing until it arrives.

Last edited by Keko; 07-16-2022 at 07:38 PM.
Keko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 09:25 PM   #32
Outrun

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
The best model year is 100% the 20/early21. Those are the cars that were built before parts shortages and worker shortages started.

Anything since would be considered a COVID car now. Parts are held to lower QC standards to get more quantity built faster as well as an army of lower paid temp workers filling in for more experienced line workers as covid spread and forced many home for good.

Trust me I got bit by this with my 21 Hellcat. It was built middle of Covid and has three separate parts stoppages in its production. Took 4 months to complete and deliver. Then I spend another 4 months dealing with several and I mean SEVERAL parts failures from minute one. Poor quality parts that should have never passed their MFR QC standards before covid.

So my opinion is if you got a car built before the parts and worker shortages, then you truly have the best version of these cars. Since then you are likely going to get lower quality build and workmanship. And its been showing. Lots of people all over complaining of parts issues, fit and finish and over all quailty with covid cars. Its like every car since mid 2021 has been built on a Friday before a three day weekend...lol
Got any proof of what you say? Anyone who says “trust me” has no standing especially from a new member.
Outrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 09:57 PM   #33
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrun View Post
Got any proof of what you say? Anyone who says “trust me” has no standing especially from a new member.
Yeah let me reach into my I don't give a shit what you said bag and get you some. Oops misplaced my bag.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 08:54 AM   #34
SgtRick

Drives: 1968 Camaro and 2019 ZL1
2023 ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
I ordered my 23 and really hope I get it, but at this point I'm not holding my breath.
I feel the same as you. I also have a concern if I do finally get it, will it have issues because of all the various shortages. Will the chips and other parts be up to standard. I read that GM has 95,000 vehicles in storage across the USA awaiting parts so they can be completed. Anyone with a 2022 ZL1 have any issues? I know they faced a major delay in producing those cars.
SgtRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 11:43 AM   #35
Outrun

Drives: ...
Quote:
Yeah let me reach into my I don't give a shit what you said bag and get you some. Oops misplaced my bag.

Yea, I figured as much.
Outrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 11:52 AM   #36
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrun View Post
Yea, I figured as much.
Im sure you did important anonymous internet guy nobody cares about.

SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 03:05 PM   #37
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
Quote:
The best model year is 100% the 20/early21. Those are the cars that were built before parts shortages and worker shortages started.

Anything since would be considered a COVID car now. Parts are held to lower QC standards to get more quantity built faster as well as an army of lower paid temp workers filling in for more experienced line workers as covid spread and forced many home for good.

Trust me I got bit by this with my 21 Hellcat. It was built middle of Covid and has three separate parts stoppages in its production. Took 4 months to complete and deliver. Then I spend another 4 months dealing with several and I mean SEVERAL parts failures from minute one. Poor quality parts that should have never passed their MFR QC standards before covid.

So my opinion is if you got a car built before the parts and worker shortages, then you truly have the best version of these cars. Since then you are likely going to get lower quality build and workmanship. And its been showing. Lots of people all over complaining of parts issues, fit and finish and over all quailty with covid cars. Its like every car since mid 2021 has been built on a Friday before a three day weekend...lol
I appreciate that cars built during covid may have had considerable concerns with supply chains. Do you still have your Camaro, or did you trade it in? How have the dealers been in response to these parts failures?
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 05:30 PM   #38
zig_zag
2SS ickle

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE, 2022 2SS 1LE
Well I had a 2022 1LE order pretty loaded placed back end of February that has turned into a 2023 and still hasn't been picked up. I expect such a wait that I bought a straight NO OPTIONS 6 speed ZL1 and sure glad I did apparently the M6's are tough to get. I will keep them both when the 1LE gets here.

Why - ?

Because I can ...!!!

2022 ZL1 black/black, MT, (SOLD)
2023 C8 Corvette, 2LT / Amplify Orange, Z51(SOLD)
zig_zag is offline   Reply With Quote