Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-22-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
camarocruzer

Drives: White 2014 2SS/RS Coupe
Stock Cats

I got performance cats put on the car. Should I sell my stocks or what? They have platinum in them so they'd have to be worth something even from a scrap yard right?

CAI by Cold Air Inductions, Inc with Strong MAF Sensor / Borla ATAK Cat-Back Exhaust / SOLO Performance High Flow Catalytic Converters / SOLO J-Pipes / Vitesse Throttle Controller / Apex Catch Can / Vmax Ported Throttle Body / Range v8 AFM Disable Module by Range Technology / SLP Fade to Black Side Gill Decals / APEX Washer Replacement System and CAI Scoop / BMR Front and Rear Sway Bars / BMR Rear Trailing Arms / BMR Front End Links
camarocruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #2
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
There are places online that will buy them. sellyourcatsdirect.com comes to mind, but there are a bunch. Why not sell it. $$$ in the pocket is better than a set of cats in your garage.
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:22 AM   #3
camarocruzer

Thanks for the input -- I'll check it out!!

CAI by Cold Air Inductions, Inc with Strong MAF Sensor / Borla ATAK Cat-Back Exhaust / SOLO Performance High Flow Catalytic Converters / SOLO J-Pipes / Vitesse Throttle Controller / Apex Catch Can / Vmax Ported Throttle Body / Range v8 AFM Disable Module by Range Technology / SLP Fade to Black Side Gill Decals / APEX Washer Replacement System and CAI Scoop / BMR Front and Rear Sway Bars / BMR Rear Trailing Arms / BMR Front End Links
Old 09-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #4
eldub

Drives: 2014 BLK/BLK/BLK 2SS 1LE
did the HF's do anything for the sounds?
eldub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:52 PM   #5
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
IMHO ,you should keep them to restore the car back to stock when you sell it . Or sell them to someone that needs stock cats ,because they are worth more to someone who needs new ones then the value of the core/bed material .
Old 09-22-2014, 06:23 PM   #6
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
IMHO ,you should keep them to restore the car back to stock when you sell it . Or sell them to someone that needs stock cats ,because they are worth more to someone who needs new ones then the value of the core/bed material .
+1
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:36 PM   #7
camarocruzer

Stock Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldub View Post
did the HF's do anything for the sounds?
http://youtu.be/koy8wpq9hkc?list=UUb...3hBcoqw1OCM69g

Old 09-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #8
camarocruzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
Yeah I am going to take your advice -- the two places I contacted offered me $50 each and $65 each stock cat, which is just not enough to go through the bother.

Like you said -- I would rather just sell them to someone who needs them for their own car.

I can't see myself selling this though so that part is right out! haha

Old 09-22-2014, 11:19 PM   #9
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
car is too new for some one to need them. You can take them to a scrap yard. Mine will give you $140 for all 4. I decided to just keep them incase this shit hole state starts doing a sniffer test.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:42 PM   #10
zora2mac8
Deano

Drives: Cyber Gray Metallic SS
Just grabbed a 2010 SS LS3... it has a full exhaust ...so i have the stock cats .. im in Chapel Hill NC.. anyone interested in them? Hard to tell how many miles on them.. but the car only has 24,000... and the headers on there still look fairly new.. PM me.

HTML Code:
http://ny5thgen.com/ZORAMAC8%20Z.htm
zora2mac8 is offline   Reply With Quote