Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 02-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #11495
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Track day at Nelson's Ledges May 10th. $150. We have a few spots still available. Must have SA2000+ helmet. Convertibles must follow broomstick rule. PM me if interested.
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #11496
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Probably be ordering my cam tomorrow and then calling IPS, BSP and Mike Norris to talk about tuning. If anyone has anymore suggestions or can vouch for either of these shops Ill happily listen.

Installed my Trailing arms and toe rods today as well. Can't wait to hit the track and see what kind of improvement I get. I had been getting a lot of wheel hop from 1st-2nd shift and hopefully this help cut it down.
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #11497
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumatic View Post
Probably be ordering my cam tomorrow and then calling IPS, BSP and Mike Norris to talk about tuning. If anyone has anymore suggestions or can vouch for either of these shops Ill happily listen.

Installed my Trailing arms and toe rods today as well. Can't wait to hit the track and see what kind of improvement I get. I had been getting a lot of wheel hop from 1st-2nd shift and hopefully this help cut it down.
Nevery heard any bad info on any of the 3 tunners you mentioned. I think it's one of those "can't go wrong with any of the 3" situations.

Trailing arms made a world of difference in wheel hop with my car. I did LC arms, trailing arms, toe rods, and sub frame inserts all at the same time. It was like day and night difference.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #11498
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnyd View Post
Track day at Nelson's Ledges May 10th. $150. We have a few spots still available. Must have SA2000+ helmet. Convertibles must follow broomstick rule. PM me if interested.
How's things been for you B? Are you still doing the SCCA racing around Cincy? I would like to do a couple events this year if I can find the time.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #11499
Neumatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
Nevery heard any bad info on any of the 3 tunners you mentioned. I think it's one of those "can't go wrong with any of the 3" situations.
Yea, I called Back Street and emailed IPS. Probably call up Mike Norris but I doubt Ill go that route, as that is a long drive but figured I should still check on pricing and who knows maybe he will be in Ohio soon .
Old 03-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #11500
Neumatic

You can hear a pin drop in here from a mile away.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #11501
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
We are waiting to see if you made a decision yet....
Old 03-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #11502
Neumatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Thanks for reminding me, IPS didn't pick up when I called on Friday and their message said to email them so I did and have yet to receive a response so Ill give them a call here shortly.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #11503
Neumatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Just called IPS, looks like Ill be going with Back Street Performance. Its closer, cheaper and I haven't seen a single bad thing about them.

Lethal Racing just called and my cam and everything I ordered with it should be on its way here today. So hopefully I get it friday or so and can get it installed and take the car into BSP on Monday.

Edit: Just realized BSP was the guys with the mobile dyno at C5F haha
Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #11504
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Just called IPS, looks like Ill be going with Back Street Performance. Its closer, cheaper and I haven't seen a single bad thing about them.

Lethal Racing just called and my cam and everything I ordered with it should be on its way here today. So hopefully I get it friday or so and can get it installed and take the car into BSP on Monday.

Edit: Just realized BSP was the guys with the mobile dyno at C5F haha
Good 2 hear.

Yes there were. They also do the runoffs & many other places.

Great place.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #11505
Neumatic

Yea, thanks for recommending them. Ill be sure to let everyone know how it goes when I get this put together and tuned.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #11506
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Eh, it's winter... we're all just patiently, errr impatiently... waiting for the crappy weather to break!!
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #11507
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
How's things been for you B? Are you still doing the SCCA racing around Cincy? I would like to do a couple events this year if I can find the time.
I should be at most the Autocross events- Bought a car hauler and we're dedicating the vette to racing. Got it all tuned up in the off season ready to go, so certainly come out- we'll be there! we'll keep our eyes open for you! (or you can just let us know ahead of time... haha). looking forward to seeing you though.

I'm also getting some things with the gen 2 camaro tweaked so we can take it out to the car shows and the such soon. We'll be out and about now that our daughter was born last august- really slowed us down for a few months!
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Old 03-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #11508
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Quote:
I need a pin pretty bad. Been hoping to hear one drop so I can snatch it up and get back to my balloon popping. Thats what I do with all my free time. Pop balloons with pins. Really frustrating that I haven't been able to find that pin.

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?