Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-14-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
Italianwhiplash

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger r/t
after market?

did Chevy ever announce the full line of after market parts. I heard heads and a cam. but any chance of my throwing long tubes on this baby before i even get her on the road
Italianwhiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Shorties are available. Long tubes are not.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:26 PM   #3
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
they are going to offer short tube headers. but any other options like Heads cam block crank etc etc are all interchangeable from any LS series engine.

fyi the short tube headers are to keep the car emmisions compliant. and allows for direct bolt in instead of having to cut out and shorten the exhaust.

there are lots of aftermarket parts that are available for the gen3/4 engines and they are all compatible with the camaro's LS3
Old 10-14-2008, 11:34 PM   #4
Italianwhiplash

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger r/t
really hm this is alot to think about. someone was telling me it was possible to use ls3 corvette headers..but haha idk that seems like a project
Italianwhiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:36 PM   #5
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italianwhiplash View Post
really hm this is alot to think about. someone was telling me it was possible to use ls3 corvette headers..but haha idk that seems like a project
you'd be the lab rat on that one. we dont know if they would fit, dont quote me but there is alot of room under and around the engine so they might. but then again dont quote me on that.