Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #43
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post
All I'm saying is this, Shelby like Hennessey are performance packages like Saleen and Ling. How can you compare a package upgrade to a stock car?
I guess I'm confused about what you are trying to say. The GT500 is not a "package". It's a Ford production vehicle built on the same line as the base and GT Mustangs.

Hennessey, Ling, Roush, Saleen, etc., are not factory-produced vehicles.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #44
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
I guess I'm confused about what you are trying to say. The GT500 is not a "package". It's a Ford production vehicle built on the same line as the base and GT Mustangs.
Maybe I'm thinking Shelby, when I see the Cobra I think Shelby
Old 05-20-2010, 02:27 AM   #45
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
you cant truly judge till it is out.. if you want a car now go for the gt500.. if you aer willing to wait.. then wait...
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:09 AM   #46
Robin Lawrence

Drives: 2010 Camaro 69 Nova
Buy the GT500. It's a nice car and Ford is building as many as the market can take.

If and when the Z28 hits the streets you will not be able to test drive one and probably will have to wait a long time to get one.

Both are negative points to you from your original posts.

Robin

Robin Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #47
Qdiesel

Drives: 2011 Infiniti M56S, '04 Tahoe
That's gonna suck if you can't test drive it! How are you supposed to decide if you like how the car feels? I mean, I know how it feels to drive and handle an LSA but not in a Camaro package.
Qdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #48
Robin Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdiesel View Post
That's gonna suck if you can't test drive it! How are you supposed to decide if you like how the car feels? I mean, I know how it feels to drive and handle an LSA but not in a Camaro package.
Take it from me.....the LSA in a Camaro handles and drives just fine

Robin

Old 05-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #49
Qdiesel

I assume it will. Well, if and when it releases I'll be in the running as long as I don't have to wait too damn long.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #50
Robin Lawrence

Quote:
I assume it will. Well, if and when it releases I'll be in the running as long as I don't have to wait too damn long.
At this point in time we can only make assumptions. But like a ZO6 or a ZR1 your not going to be able to get a test ride since most are sold already or the dealer is scared. Really they should be LOL.

Since they can sell every one of the specialty cars they won't need to allow test drives.

And if you need a test drive to determine if the car "feels" right to you then maybe your in the wrong market segment. I would guess that most Z28's if and when they are produced will be garage queens and weekend toys.

Not unlike most people that might buy a GT500.

Hell I have had many test drives in specialty cars, but they are few and far between.

Good luck.

Robin

Old 05-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #51
Qdiesel

A Z/28 will be a weekend toy for me as well but there are other things that need to be right for me, like does the car feel too big, wide and bulky or will it feel tight, taut and nimble or super heavy as some cars feel heavier or lighter than they really are. For instance, My V is a 4300 lb car(which I did test drive) but when I get in it, it doesn't feel that damn heavy. These are things that I look for in a car as to what will be perfect for me.

Even though it will be a weekend toy, it still has to be comfortable for me to drive as I will drive it hard and enjoy every damn penny that I spend on it.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #52
Robin Lawrence

Quote:
A Z/28 will be a weekend toy for me as well but there are other things that need to be right for me, like does the car feel too big, wide and bulky or will it feel tight, taut and nimble or super heavy as some cars feel heavier or lighter than they really are. For instance, My V is a 4300 lb car(which I did test drive) but when I get in it, it doesn't feel that damn heavy. These are things that I look for in a car as to what will be perfect for me.

Even though it will be a weekend toy, it still has to be comfortable for me to drive as I will drive it hard and enjoy every damn penny that I spend on it.
Good points!. As a V Owner I would expect that you would get treated better than most people off the street looking to go for a spin in a new Z28.

In my opinion the current Camaro is both too heavy AND too wide. But with the LS3 to start with and now the LSA that is in my car the car does not "feel" heavy. It actually feels a lot like cars that I have driven that were hundreds of pounds lighter.

I guess the good side of the current Camaro being heavy is that it should handle the additional power and torque of the LSA should it be offered.

In my Camaro the LSA acts like it was there from day one. I love it!

Robin

Old 05-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #53
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Lawrence View Post
At this point in time we can only make assumptions. But like a ZO6 or a ZR1 your not going to be able to get a test ride since most are sold already or the dealer is scared. Really they should be LOL.

Since they can sell every one of the specialty cars they won't need to allow test drives.

And if you need a test drive to determine if the car "feels" right to you then maybe your in the wrong market segment. I would guess that most Z28's if and when they are produced will be garage queens and weekend toys.

Hell I have had many test drives in specialty cars, but they are few and far between.

Good luck.

Robin
Quote:
Good points!. As a V Owner I would expect that you would get treated better than most people off the street looking to go for a spin in a new Z28.

In my opinion the current Camaro is both too heavy AND too wide. But with the LS3 to start with and now the LSA that is in my car the car does not "feel" heavy. It actually feels a lot like cars that I have driven that were hundreds of pounds lighter.

I guess the good side of the current Camaro being heavy is that it should handle the additional power and torque of the LSA should it be offered.

In my Camaro the LSA acts like it was there from day one. I love it!

Robin
Robin,

I read that there were no published results of simply running the LSA, stock, in your car. Do you have any times or data for a stock LSA in your car?

Thanks
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #54
Robin Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Robin,

I read that there were no published results of simply running the LSA, stock, in your car. Do you have any times or data for a stock LSA in your car?

Thanks
Oh damn, your 100% correct. I never ran this things stock, a fact that my guy at GMPP was unhappy about LOL.

Really what I was aiming for was a bolt on LSA. I mean really you think that anyone will leave their Z28 Stock

With that said the Z28 with a LSA would be a lot easier to mod than a 4valve 4 cam GT 500. Still a ton of potential.

Robin

Old 05-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #55
Qdiesel

I actually think more people will leave them stock cause of the super strict GM warranties(if it'll be a daily driver), in fact that's the reason the only thing I've done to my V is add an exhaust, anything outside of that, you void your warranty. Now for the weekend warriors who won't put many miles on their Z's that won't apply much.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #56
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:

Blah!! Nonesense. I will drive the hell out of my Z when I get it.

Just like I drive my SS now