Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
This Little Engine Needs Some Help Too.

It's been a long time for me to do any write up on detailing and I had a few hours to kill yesturday. My engine needed a cleaning ( 2 years ) and also I included my cowl trim pieces too in this fast cleanup.

I use what I had left of my Blackfire APC ( bottle was broken at the bottom) mixed it with some H2O and I got to cleaning my engine area.

before shot

You can tell I was lazy lately.

I got to use with the BF APC, a chip brush, a few towels, plastic to cover important area's and a small app. Oh yes don't forget some H2O too.
I ran the engine for less then a minute and then cover up those important area's before using the BF APC. With this product I use my chip brush and went to town in cleaning my engine. After cleaning ( don't let anything dry on your engine compartment ) I rinse off the whole area and use my towels to dry it off before running the engine to air dry it and to make sure all the water is gone. Here are a few pictures I got off with my camera.

and don't forget the hood area also.

The one product I didn't have was my favorite one is the Sonus Trim & Motor Kote but got to use a small sample of the Chemical Guys Extreme V.R.P. Dressing that help me in detailing the engine area. Thanks to my good friend from Cali Tony for the hook up.

BTW my hood cowl that was done with Solution Finish Black Plastic & Vinyl Restorer about 3 months ago needed a APC cleaning and another round with Solution Finish Black Plastic & Vinyl Restorer and now looks like new again. The sad part the wife took my car to work today by the airport and I can't enjoy it been clean for a day or two.

Last edited by Angelo@Autopia; 07-03-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote