Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-21-2017, 05:59 AM   #1
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
well there goes another company the ship is sinking

so I work in private security as a security officer
and now my company witch is the largest in the USA (cough cough not much longer)

my hand was forced 2 weeks go to go tax exempt.
i went from 290$ a week to 490$ just avoiding state taxes.
im now making the same i was working 7 days a week 12 hours a day for 5 months WTF
only working 4 days now

sadly my transfer is probably not going to happen because my company's merger.............seriously there just running around going the ship is sinking bail water bail water!!! oh gods people are quitting there jobs the waters rising... yet the giant gaping hole grows bigger and bigger and they refuse to fix that while others keep the ship afloat

so looks like my move to texas is going to be out of pure luck and throwing resume's at places hoping having a little over 3 years experience and a Texas guard card certification and current job will help with companies wanting to hire me.

being my company has more prestige and better management then the one they merged with I don't understand why they don't just walk in and go to the people messing things up and fire them there's the door get lost loser.

I call my operations manager no response. call the HR people nothing just shrugs and I don't know. WTF im just trying to notify you people im moving you need to fill my spot when I leave. you know give them 3 months to start the search.

ive been threw bar fights guns pulled pepper spray handcuffs CPR defib training for stopped hearts. even had 2 cab drivers get in a fight witch ended when one ran the other one over after he attacked the other with a tire iron. fires, floods, sinkholes. seen it done it

but this....omg this you have a employee who cares about the company the image the customer and they just shrug and go I dont know and hang up.
starting to get tired of my resume being every place I worked is out of business or is a sinking ship

i don't know what it is with California. but this place has a level of i don't care around the workplace that i am so tired of.

im hoping just my own personal work and experience dealing with high stress situations bad companies and just pure BS would help some employers where I am going want to hire me based off the fact I am still sane and ready to work come hell or high water

i realize this should probably not go in the Camaro forums. but face book is such a mess and i feel like this is a community here i can vent day to day and talks cars with.
personally i just want to move because more money better opportunity
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:55 AM   #2
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
I have known people who have gone from employee to independent contractor and believe me, that $200/week extra you think you are making now will vanish when tax time rolls around. That and more. Much more.

It is a scam foisted upon you so the ex-employer can make more money. You can't really believe the company will take a loss, can you?

You had better consult an accountant because there is way more than you expect when you become self-employed.
Not all of us are cut out to be businessmen. Most of us just want to work.

Best bet. Quit. A job at McDonalds will net you a higher income.

I have rather enjoyed your posts here. I wish you the best of luck becoming an employee again.
Hopefully Texas has some openings. It seems you would fit right in there.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:23 AM   #3
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
I have known people who have gone from employee to independent contractor and believe me, that $200/week extra you think you are making now will vanish when tax time rolls around. That and more. Much more.

It is a scam foisted upon you so the ex-employer can make more money. You can't really believe the company will take a loss, can you?

You had better consult an accountant because there is way more than you expect when you become self-employed.
Not all of us are cut out to be businessmen. Most of us just want to work.

Best bet. Quit. A job at McDonalds will net you a higher income.

I have rather enjoyed your posts here. I wish you the best of luck becoming an employee again.
Hopefully Texas has some openings. It seems you would fit right in there.
its worse then im letting on
we have over 91,000 hours that need to be filled
we are losing 4-6 people a month and only replacing 1-2 a month
2 out of the 4-6 a month are moving out of state

rival companies are showing up to our job sights and offering the guards there 15$ an hour to come work for them and there walking off the job to a new job
accounts are being closed left and right because we can no longer supply the staff needed. they will be out of socal soon if this continues I cant speak for the rest of the country.

my situation is a bit different. my last co worker who moved to Texas. Dallas area has offered his place to me for the cost of utilities out in Dallas
in his words they seamed reluctant to even help him there start his job he had to push them to get the work done to transfer him.

on a personal level I never get to clam anything extra on my taxes because I have no write offs ever not even 50 cents

being ill have to re due a w4 fourm in Texas im only going to be tax exempt for 3 months this is a last ditch move out of desperation to get as much cash as I can before I move sep 20th

EDIT: ( my homeless guy avatar is to remind me where I have been and done to keep going even when homeless)

Last edited by riozlander; 06-21-2017 at 07:34 AM.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:25 AM   #4
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I've never been to California, but I lived in Texas when stationed there and I loved it! I'd always pick the Northeast over anywhere else I've been, but Texas would be my 1st choice if I had to relocate far.

Good luck brother!
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #5
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
...and the name of the security company is?
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:55 AM   #6
Badfinger

Drives: 2010 2SS
Securitas Security Services USA?
Badfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:04 AM   #7
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
...and the name of the security company is?
My guess would be ADT or Protection 1... they are merging.

http://www.securityinfowatch.com/art...ecurity-market

"and now my company witch is the largest in the USA (cough cough not much longer)"
"sadly my transfer is probably not going to happen because my company's merger"

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #8
riozlander
that guy <--------

I don't think it would be appropriate to say the name of the company out of legal reasons and never know how is working for them.
Dont want to lose my job out of speaking ill of there lack of ability to manage there own company.

I'm just kinda going what the hell happened.
1 year ago I was in training after 3 days and placed at a job.
The new officer I trained told me he was waiting 6 months to be placed????
You have 91k hours that need filled and it takes 6 months to be placed.
Not good.

I've worked alot of jobs tell the bitter end
I mean 2weeks not payed
I watched he my store manager at blockbuster steal product to sell to pay his paycheck
Bitter end
I honestly hope I'm reading things wrong.

But being in this position so many times and watching a company claw its way back only to see it go bye bye 2 years later with no warning. Bankrupt sorry your out of a job bye. I believe I am going to have to search on my own. Thats not a problem
But the signs are there.

I'm honestly moved by my ex coworker. I worked with his younger brother 6 years ago and he spoke highly of me recommended me the job and his whole family has really done alot to help give me a chance.
My car, bank and new outlook I have tords general trade work just work alone has been amazing when your surrounded by people with high work ethic.

That job WA security at Panasonic avionics. Sadly they broke fair traid deals by bribing foren airlines to use there media services radar and other services.
Got fined 30mill and had a cap put on them for how many people they could higher. I'm the new guard Job cut.

Here's the level of inept the security company has.
My boss there knew for 2 months told me my last 2 days there. On the day I was going to purchase a 2013 ss Camaro with 80k for miles sooo...
Old 06-21-2017, 10:44 AM   #9
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
At least Texas has no income tax, unlike California.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:45 AM   #10
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfinger View Post
Securitas Security Services USA?
There down the road from our main office but no.

Our joke was <---- if your hear to collect a paycheck Securitas is down the street we only want people looking to move up not sit and get payed for pooping
Old 06-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #11
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
At least Texas has no income tax, unlike California.
I personally don't have a problem with tax.
When I see it doing something to better the roads, schools or overall infrastructure.

So as my state is in the news alot for those failing I have a problem.

Texas was beautiful when I would truck drive threw it. The roads were so clean and shiny

Road workers were making pretty patterns with rocks on the side of the road.
Houston was a little stuffy in the attitude of some people.
But I had a Mohawk and knee high camo timberlins on for boots and shredded pants with a 80s thrashmetal jean vest complete with studs spikes band patches a bread down to my belt and was dipping spit tobacco.
Also had not showered in 2 weeks been running so many loads.

I enjoyed Texas alot! And 80mph freeways I miss that....
Even tho swift governs there company trucks at 55mph sooo more of a roadblock with me on the roads lol
Old 06-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #12
sherob

Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
I personally don't have a problem with tax.
When I see it doing something to better the roads, schools or overall infrastructure.

So as my state is in the news alot for those failing I have a problem.

Texas was beautiful when I would truck drive threw it. The roads were so clean and shiny

Road workers were making pretty patterns with rocks on the side of the road.
Houston was a little stuffy in the attitude of some people.
But I had a Mohawk and knee high camo timberlins on for boots and shredded pants with a 80s thrashmetal jean vest complete with studs spikes band patches a bread down to my belt and was dipping spit tobacco.
Also had not showered in 2 weeks been running so many loads.

I enjoyed Texas alot! And 80mph freeways I miss that....
Even tho swift governs there company trucks at 55mph sooo more of a roadblock with me on the roads lol
Hey now... I'm from Houston.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:11 PM   #13
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
its worse then im letting on
we have over 91,000 hours that need to be filled
we are losing 4-6 people a month and only replacing 1-2 a month
2 out of the 4-6 a month are moving out of state

rival companies are showing up to our job sights and offering the guards there 15$ an hour to come work for them and there walking off the job to a new job
accounts are being closed left and right because we can no longer supply the staff needed. they will be out of socal soon if this continues I cant speak for the rest of the country.

my situation is a bit different. my last co worker who moved to Texas. Dallas area has offered his place to me for the cost of utilities out in Dallas
in his words they seamed reluctant to even help him there start his job he had to push them to get the work done to transfer him.

on a personal level I never get to clam anything extra on my taxes because I have no write offs ever not even 50 cents

being ill have to re due a w4 fourm in Texas im only going to be tax exempt for 3 months this is a last ditch move out of desperation to get as much cash as I can before I move sep 20th

EDIT: ( my homeless guy avatar is to remind me where I have been and done to keep going even when homeless)
Only God knows why a company would turn down work. It not only seems counter-productive, it is counter-productive.
Every company I have ever worked for people producing means income. Pencil pushers are an expense. Have people work a weekend or overnight when the office is all but closed and there is profit. Overhead doesn't change, income rises, who can question that?

After I began to collect my pension I was offered a job from a very good friend of mine. He wanted me to work as a sub-contractor. Thus I would have had to pay my own taxes, social security, etc.
My ex, an accountant, absolutely refused. If I could not be listed as an employee I would not be working for him. Little did I know what that meant at the time.
Turns out it means the employer makes contributions to your taxes that never appear on your paycheck. So it never shows as income to you. And thus, you never see it as a deduction from your check.
As an independent you have to make those contributions you were never aware of.
That's when you realize that $200/week extra you thought you were taking home becomes a liability. Because it really costs twice that to pay your taxes.
To be fair to my good friend, even he did not realize this. After a few months of working for him he said to me one day, "You know, I can't believe how much of your pay goes to your taxes?" I had to reply, "Yes, I do know."
Old 06-21-2017, 12:25 PM   #14
sherob

Why do you think Walmart stays open 24hrs while they restock their shelves? You think Kroger's and other grocery stores do it now out of convenience for you? Now they even make you use Self Checkout to even drive up their profit more.