Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Starcraft II

Just got it last night and it's already got me hooked So far it's definitely been just as good as the original, love it!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
I wasn't a fan of the original.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Just got it last night and it's already got me hooked So far it's definitely been just as good as the original, love it!!!
Probably pick it up this weekend. I didn't really like the beta, but I want to be able to help my friend out with his site so I guess it could prove useful. I wouldn't mind playing games here and there, but I didn't have much fun with it in beta as I did when I was playing WC3. I think I'm slowly getting out of gaming. I hate growing old.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Probably pick it up this weekend. I didn't really like the beta, but I want to be able to help my friend out with his site so I guess it could prove useful. I wouldn't mind playing games here and there, but I didn't have much fun with it in beta as I did when I was playing WC3. I think I'm slowly getting out of gaming. I hate growing old.
I got my butt kicked in the beta Thankfully a buddy of mine has it and he is more on my skill level.

Also, I've noticed there are units in campaign mode that you don't have in multi... not sure if this is just due to me being in the 'beginner mode' or whatever for multiplayer or what.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #5
Havok

Quote:
I got my butt kicked in the beta Thankfully a buddy of mine has it and he is more on my skill level.

Also, I've noticed there are units in campaign mode that you don't have in multi... not sure if this is just due to me being in the 'beginner mode' or whatever for multiplayer or what.
I was goldish solo, and gold teams this was before the restructuring. I think back then it was copper, bronze, silver, gold, diamond now there is no copper and they added platitnum I think. Anyways what I'm saying is that I was decent in beta.

As for the units, I heard there are some units that aren't in multiplayer. This might have occured since some of the units where to overpowered or served no purpose in multiplayer. So I wouldn't be alamred. Everyone of any skill have the same units.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
I hate RTS, people build up way to quick for me.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:48 PM   #7
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
I only play it really for the story. What a great game so far, looks like the 10 years paid off big time. I love the Night Elf dancing in the bar. Lots of little WoW references.
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #8
DayDreamer
Along for the ride!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS IBM
Hopefully this can hold everyone over while we wait for the next Diablo...
DayDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #9
Havok

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudack View Post
I only play it really for the story. What a great game so far, looks like the 10 years paid off big time. I love the Night Elf dancing in the bar. Lots of little WoW references.
This makes me sad in pants. Everyone thinks it WoW but know one knows its WC3. WoW has killed Warcraft.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #10
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
I've never heard of this game before, is it like Command and conquer?
Old 07-29-2010, 09:51 AM   #11
Havok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maa107 View Post
I've never heard of this game before, is it like Command and conquer?
If you mean by that that it's a huge piece of fail after the first game, then no its the total opposite.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:18 PM   #12
Brokinarrow

Quote:
If you mean by that that it's a huge piece of fail after the first game, then no its the total opposite.
Sad but mostly true. The original Red Alert was about the only other decent C&C game imho. After EA took it over, things went downhill quickly. Poor Westwood :(

But yes, it's like Command & Conquer in that both of these games are Real Time Strategy games, and you gather resources to build structures, units, and upgrades for your structures and units.

Anyway, yeah, lots of WoW references, but the game itself IS very Warcraft III based. But hey, if it works well don't fix it I guess I'm just glad there isn't a huge emphasis on hero characters with this one, that was one my few complaints with Warcaft III (that and they took out the navy!)

And actually, after playing WoW for a while and going back to play through WCIII, you notice a lot of similarities and you can see how WoW drew a lot of the material straight from WCIII (the ! for the quests above people's heads, and really the art style too for example, plus the heroes themselves and some of the icons)
Old 07-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #13
Havok

Quote:
Anyway, yeah, lots of WoW references, but the game itself IS very Warcraft III based. But hey, if it works well don't fix it I guess I'm just glad there isn't a huge emphasis on hero characters with this one, that was one my few complaints with Warcaft III (that and they took out the navy!)

And actually, after playing WoW for a while and going back to play through WCIII, you notice a lot of similarities and you can see how WoW drew a lot of the material straight from WCIII (the ! for the quests above people's heads, and really the art style too for example, plus the heroes themselves and some of the icons)
It's sad that most people think that Warcraft 3 wasn't the precursor to WoW, nor never even existed. There was nothing more than someone asking "What you playing" me saying "Warcraft" and them saying "Oh thats that WoW game" and me just facepalming trying to explain to them the differences. It's also dishearting to see a super pro hero like Illidan be turned into a pile of in WoW that people can nearly solo.

Anyways I liked the WC3 hero system. Gave you something to do other then sit in your base and just mass units, plus it added a whole new dynamic to game. SC2 to me is just mass best units hit the other guys base before he hits you, rinse and repeat. The game play and graphics itself is pretty nice but you can almost see a dumbing down of the game now where Blizzard is trying to make the crappy players feel good and like they are pro .
Old 07-29-2010, 04:31 PM   #14
Eric's Blue

Drives: Cybergray 1SS
Quote:
The original is still a big seller in retail stores after how many years? I think I ve bought the original 3 times over again over the years.