Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Lethal_8
Frequent Lurker

Drives: '11 Camaro LS M6,'09 Daytona 675
Neglected Camaro5

Hey Camaro5, I've been a member here for over a year now, and i check in daily, i just dont post a whole lot. I love my Camaro and I love reading all the threads and seeing all the mods you guys are doing, so I wanted to just give you all an update on how my LS is doing.

She is my DD, and i have about a 70 mile commute to work round trip, 5 days a week so i picked her up on 6/15/11 with 68miles and as of 9/12/12 she has 30,017, and you guys already know, most of those was a PERMAGRIN mile. Now not all of those were happy miles.

First Mod in August 2011 was blacking out the front and Rear Bowties.

In early March 2012, my girlfirend and I adopt a Chihuahua mutt puppy.

In late march 2012, i was rear ended at a red light by a 16 year old girl, going about 20 MPH. After the inital hit i was LIVID, i hit the onstar button got out and was prepared to murder whoever hit my car. Until the girl got out, and she was crying and was more worried about my car than anything else, and all i could think of was my girlfriends 16 year old sister who i had just taught to drive and i couldnt even be mad. The cop came, and as we are sitting on the side of the road at least 5 people passing all said nice car to me, 6 if you include the cop. I get the girls insurance info and into the shop she goes, and I get an awesome (read: boring) 2011 Impala 1LT courtesy of Geico.

Shes in the body shop for 5 days. And i miss her terribly but i get her back and she is good as new. After the trauma of the accident i decide that she needs a treat, so i buy her a spoiler from a member here on Camaro 5. That was installed in May 2012.

We had a great summer, and logged alot of miles, took a trip up to Cape Cod, down to Jersey for my cousins wedding and im still never bored driving this car. But with the winter coming, I do need something for those snowy days, so i just picked up a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. only 106,000 miles!!

So now onto the pics, and i promise, Ill try to be a more active member.

Pics are

After the Hit
the Impala
our Dog, Carlos
The Car all fixed
The Car as of last week, note the new spoiler, and black bow tie.
The Jeep
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
thanks for the good post. you did the right thing with the girl that hit you, mine is 22 and she has had a handful of accidents...and all her fault, so i understand.

you car looks very nice.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
Lethal_8
Frequent Lurker

Thanks, I just didn't have the heart, that's why we got insurance right? The car was clearly fixable, it just wasn't worth it.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
SlickP

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Nice story man.. I like the LS by the way.. I just got mine last month and i got 3,100 miles.. I love to drive this car wanted it for so long now i have it and i wash the hell out it.
SlickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
Dallascam

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I certainly understand the pain of seeing your Camaro abused. Last month I took My 2010 SS to the dealership for an oil change. The service tech came out to "check" it for damage and record the mileage. Once in the car, she looked at me and said " Oh one of those", referring to the 6 speed, and started the car. For some strange reason she then let off the clutch, and lurched into the back end of a Ford van parked about two feet in front of me. The car didn't die, but just kept grinding into the back of the van, like a pit bull on a t- bone steak. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I kept telling her to turn it off, but I think she was in momentary shock, so I reached in and turned the key off. I never knew so many people worked in the service dept. there, but they poured out of the building with wide eyes, and open mouths.Like you they repaired my car, and gave me a loaner. But I understand how you feel....You car does look good.
Dallascam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #6
Lethal_8
Frequent Lurker

^that is horrible.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #7
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Looks good, thanks for the update.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascam View Post
I certainly understand the pain of seeing your Camaro abused. Last month I took My 2010 SS to the dealership for an oil change. The service tech came out to "check" it for damage and record the mileage. Once in the car, she looked at me and said " Oh one of those", referring to the 6 speed, and started the car. For some strange reason she then let off the clutch, and lurched into the back end of a Ford van parked about two feet in front of me. The car didn't die, but just kept grinding into the back of the van, like a pit bull on a t- bone steak. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I kept telling her to turn it off, but I think she was in momentary shock, so I reached in and turned the key off. I never knew so many people worked in the service dept. there, but they poured out of the building with wide eyes, and open mouths.Like you they repaired my car, and gave me a loaner. But I understand how you feel....You car does look good.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
DayBreaker

Drives: 2004 impala SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascam View Post
That is messed up.

And to the op, I think I remember reading your thread about your accident. Glad everything is good now.

Last edited by DayBreaker; 09-14-2012 at 09:31 PM.
DayBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #10
bluebox

Drives: '12 1SS LS3 IBM/SIM
OP, glad you had the reaction you did. I learned how to handle the same kind of situation when I was 17, ran into the back of a Cadillac with my first car one slick rainy night on my way to jazz band practice ('67 LeMans on 2-ply bias...). Old man barely able to crawl out of the car and hobble around to open his rear door, I thought I maimed him for life - until he pulls out a cane from the rear seat and walks back to see how I was. Said I was fine, he said good, but you look like hell and pointed to his lip. I touched mine, came away with blood all over. I had split my lip on the plastic steering wheel from under my nose down (no shoulder belts until the next model year). He proceeded to calm me down and said it wasn't a big deal, etc. (his continental kit was completely punched into the trunk), and was more worried about me than anything. Of course, I never forgot this, and didn't go nuts on the person who ran into my brand new Grand Prix many years later. Luckily I haven't been hit by anyone since. Karma?

Oh yeah - I played trumpet back then, and was out of commission for a few months, too. But I still made All State that year.

Now: Invo's on Nurburgs | Ext. Eng. catch can | heritage grille
Next: a few Pedders bits, tighten it up | better sways | drop coils, maybe | CAI, exhaust, JRE tune
Then I'm done, I swear.

bluebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #11
Candy_Camaro
Amanda

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Rental places like to give Impalas to Camaro owners- I just had the same model for the last 8 days!

Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad it wasn't any worse.
Candy_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #12
Lethal_8
Frequent Lurker

Yeah, it could have been way worse. Nobody got hurt and the cars as good as new. Life's too short to stress it.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #13
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal_8 View Post
Yeah, it could have been way worse. Nobody got hurt and the cars as good as new. Life's too short to stress it.
Exactly....
Old 09-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #14
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Just hope that you have done a better job teaching your girlfriend sister how to drive !!!
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote