Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #43
techtoys617

Drives: 2011 L99 2SSRS Stock
Wow, talk about timing! I bought a 2011 SS (L99) 3 months ago. New Corsa catback arrives tomorrow and I was trying decide between Vector and Jannetty for the tune. Then this morning I get an Oil Low warning message. Dipstick shows very low too. After work, no warning. I added a quart for good measure, but still low on the dipstick. It only has 4700 miles on it. I haven't even gotten the first oil change. What gives?
techtoys617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #44
rasputinkiller

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2010 Prius, 2002 Avalanch
My local dealer got authorization from GM to drop the oil pan. Very likely a bad oil pump. They let me have a car rental so I rented a V6 Camaro that my wife now drives to work. But very bummed this happened. Better now than later I guess but I looks like this has become a trend... It would be very expensive for GM if it becomes a recall.
Galatians 2:20 He has fun too..

Mods: Borla Atak Exhaust, Volant AirIntake

rasputinkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:23 PM   #45
techtoys617

So, how did the dealer know you guys were tuned?
Old 06-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #46
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasputinkiller View Post
It would be very expensive for GM if it becomes a recall.
Wonder why gm wouldn't even look at my car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by techtoys617 View Post
So, how did the dealer know you guys were tuned?
I told them. I wasn't hiding anything and wanted to make sure that it was clear that I was ready and willing to accept responsibility for any failure that was unrelated to the TSB for the oil pump.

My warranty was voided without anyone actually looking at my car.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:14 AM   #47
techtoys617

So much for honesty. Voided as in any GM service center (permanent record)? Any job...or just this job? I was told by the dealer that they would only void by the job on a case by case basis.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #48
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by techtoys617 View Post
So much for honesty. Voided as in any GM service center (permanent record)? Any job...or just this job? I was told by the dealer that they would only void by the job on a case by case basis.
It was a decision made by the GM regional rep, supposedly. I never received any communication from GM directly and a request to appeal directly to GM was denied and they would not provide me the name or contact information for the individual that made the decision. How's that for awesome customer service and accountability?

My opinion of GM's customer service and or commitment to customer loyalty? It's deplorable. I can not recall a situation in which I've been a considerable amount of money (>10k) in which the vendor was less focused on addressing customer needs and/or issues. That type of service does not lend itself to driving customer satisfaction or customer loyalty. I'm not terribly upset (or surprised) that they permanently labeled my powertrain warranty as void...what I am upset by is that they were will to effect such a considerable decision without any discussion, follow up, or communication with the customer. That behavior is SHAMEFUL.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Old 06-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #49
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I'm sorry to hear about your warranty themossman, could you direct message me the details. I would like to see what I can do to help you. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris ,Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:36 AM   #50
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
I spose i'll give Becky a call on monday and set up an appt. for an oil pump. Man do we learn as we go with this car or what? Haven't had any problems myself, no cel or low pressure warning. Cars been modded- cam, intake, headers, you name it (for over a year now) so i guess it's just a matter of time.
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #51
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your warranty themossman, could you direct message me the details. I would like to see what I can do to help you. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris ,Chevrolet Customer Service
PM sent....thanks for the follow up.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #52
2SS 2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Black
Just got this message today I noticed sitting at a light tht my oil pressure guage was near zero.. i said that is very low.. hmm.. i got to my parents house and started the car and immediatley got "Low oil pressure turn engine off"

I turned it off thinking it was maybe a glitch.. started the car up and heard some tapping.. i immediatley took the key out and called service.. thank god i was at my parents house and not on some road trip...

Is there a tsb out on this?

pump? sensor?
2SS 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #53
2SS 2011

My GM Mechanic friend wrote this
The pcm wont disable the engine for a no oil pressure concern. It'll just sit there and ding at you and depending on the vehicle will display "NO OIL PRESSURE, TURN ENGINE OFF" in the DIC. Common problems on the 07 and newer V8's for low or no oil pressure: failed oil pressure sensor, plugged filter below oil pressure sensor (highly doubtful with only 3k miles, typically see this on higher mileage engines where they dont change their oil), or oil pump relief valve stuck wide open. I've seen all of these several times within the past couple years.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #54
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS 2011 View Post

pump? sensor?
ummmm, you might want to go back and read this thread

yes, TSB, bad oil pump.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #55
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS 2011 View Post
Just got this message today I noticed sitting at a light tht my oil pressure guage was near zero.. i said that is very low.. hmm.. i got to my parents house and started the car and immediatley got "Low oil pressure turn engine off"

I turned it off thinking it was maybe a glitch.. started the car up and heard some tapping.. i immediatley took the key out and called service.. thank god i was at my parents house and not on some road trip...

pump? sensor?
DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CAR. DO NOT RELY ON IT BEING INTERMITTENT. GET YOUR OIL PUMP REPLACED IMMEDIATELY.

I typed that in all caps for a reason...I got a call from another local friend who just had the same exact thing happen to him. To all those that said it's an isolated incident.... :P

Old 07-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #56
2SS 2011

Mossman.. HELL NO!! car is sitting until tomorrow morning at 8 pm, when it gets flat bedded to dealer