Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #99
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
The first day was "Test & Tune" (as has always been the case, even at Fest's 1 and 2) which is open to anyone who wants to line up and run. You can go as many times as you want, all day long.

I believe the morning of Day 2 was also Test & Tune. But after noon it was all down to the competitions.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #100
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
The first day was "Test & Tune" (as has always been the case, even at Fest's 1 and 2) which is open to anyone who wants to line up and run. You can go as many times as you want, all day long.

I believe the morning of Day 2 was also Test & Tune. But after noon it was all down to the competitions.

Definitely gotta get out of bed to race.

I got to the track about 11:00 am on Sat. as you might remember.

I knew I missed out on the free runs. But luckily I got some at the end of the day.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #101
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercoaster View Post
I have been to all the fest and had a blast at this one. However for some reason the 1st stands out as the best. Perhaps it was that it was we didn't know what to expect and had an awesome time. Plus it was the first time I ran the 1/4. Personally I do like it in April the best, the first two fell on my birthday and that made it even more fun. Getting to meet everyone, the parking lot parties, folks from GM walking around, spending money at vendor booths - all worth it. See you in Texas next year (I hope).

1. Wish they carried the tradition of coins like the 1st Fest. I'm so with you on this one but right now we only have plans for coins every five years makes them a little more special so to say.
2. Confusing why each person had to pay spectator while there were two of everything in the bags. Was $25 supposed to get two people in? It was only $20 for spectator, $100 for drivers and that was two day passes. If you all saw the track rental bill your mouths would do this...
3. Would be nice if they had open times on the drag strips for people not wanting to spend $100 to compete and all. I would like to have ran but not just a few times for $100. 100 people drag raced and that was over 600 passes for the weekend.
4. Would also be nice to have registration Thu night at the hotel and get your wrist bands then. Then not have to wait in the morning on Fridays to pay and stuff.We are working on this one for the next fest...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #102
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'd actually do the 50.00 Friday thing.

I was actually unaware that there would be no open racing on Saturday.

NO biggie for me but I heard some grumblings on day 2. Nobodies fault that it rained though. Next year I'll get all my racing done on day one and hang out on day 2.

I'll still pay the 100.00 if there is no choice but I'd def. be one that paid the 50.00 and raced day one.

I did not know that either. I paid the $100 and only intended on running once or twice. I actually didn't run as it turns out (after seeing all the broken cars 1000 miles from home). But I have no qualms about helping support paying for the track and all. I considered it an $80 donation over the spectator price. (and got a good parking spot near GM)
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #103
SinisterEcho

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6/LS3
I had a FANTASTIC time at fest even if I didnt race. I had the pleasure of meeting some great people and watch some BA cars race down the track and through the AC course!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #104
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
I did not know that either. I paid the $100 and only intended on running once or twice. I actually didn't run as it turns out (after seeing all the broken cars 1000 miles from home). But I have no qualms about helping support paying for the track and all. I considered it an $80 donation over the spectator price. (and got a good parking spot near GM)
Your a sport nice to see you give a donation for a good cause lol.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #105
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Only 1/4 mile drags at Camaro5 were competition drags? No just racing for fun?

I can gaurantee the majority of Camaro5 members would prefer to just run for fun at a reasonable price.
It was almost ALL just for fun...

Drag Racing was 80 to 90% test and tune... we did put everyone in classes during tech, but just let everyone run all day Friday and called it qualifications whether they wanted to compete or not. Then used those times to rack and stack cars for head to head eliminations on Saturday afternoon. I think car #222 got in about 30 runs or more. We also didn't even call cars up by class until Saturday late morning so majoity of the time they could just come up and run at any time.

I had no input on pricing or payouts this year... just making recomendations for next year.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #106
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'd actually do the 50.00 Friday thing.

I was actually unaware that there would be no open racing on Saturday.

PS: Why not have a TVS2300, comp cam, black paint, orange trim, street tire, 5'6" and below class?
1) I like that too... and it may bring in more total $$$

2) It was ALL OPEN racing until Sat afternoon. It was just a little more structured and you needed to listen for your number to be called. But we ran a ton of cars through...

Oh wait... you probably didn't get out of bed in time...

This drag stuff did put a huge crimp in my parking lot time...
Old 08-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #107
xSSkier874

Drives: 17 Silverado, 99 Miata
I had a blast and will def be attending next year. If i could put it in one word

LEGEN wait for it....

DARY
xSSkier874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #108
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSSkier874 View Post
I had a blast and will def be attending next year. If i could put it in one word

LEGEN wait for it....

DARY
Next year Extraordinary.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #109
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Next year Extraordinary.
hell yeah!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #110
camarogolfguy
Camarogolfguy

Drives: 2012 ssrs
If you don't like the venue, don't go.
camarogolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #111
lsaterz28
the vetteman

Drives: 68Z/28,09G8/GT,11RS/SS VT,13GMC PU
Many people had great time, next year a great time again in Indy
lsaterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #112
TRABlackCamaroSS

Drives: '10 Blk Camaro SS/'08 Blk Silverado
CF3

Had a blast; got to see some awesome Camaros besides mine/got some good ideas from other Camaro owners....The track site itself was great w/ all the Vendors who spent their own money to serviceC5community(thanks Steve@HPE 4 my HexVents & AAC 4 my ghostlights;Installed both@fest)
racing both track & GT were outstanding(like a grownup Disneyland for Camaro grheads)
Also the Hotel nightlife was just GREATTTTTT...met people from all over the US & Canada & partied until early a.m. esp. the Texas & Michigan groups(hardcore)

Thanks to the C5 guys who actually put this on last August,felt like a 20 yr old cruzin mainstreet again.....OKLACamaros.com/FB
TRABlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote