Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #15
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Now that sounds like a great idea.
And it does have a facebook page.

Looks like I won't be holding out till Monday to out them after all.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...?v=wall&ref=ts

*Edit*
Comment posted on their facebook site if anyone wants to reply or like.

Last edited by Alarick; 04-10-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #16
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
I would be pissed just because of how they ignored you and told you your car would be ready sooner than it actually was. It seems like thats the standard these days for repair/body shops. And I hate when they do a bad job and hope that you'll accept the car or won't notice what a bad job they did. Problems can arise and not every job is an easy fix, but if the dealership actually cared about you, you wouldn't have had to hunt them down. They should have called you and said that it might take a little longer to fix, but they want to make sure the car is right when you recieve it. You should hopefully get treated a little better now that the word is out.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #17
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
No one is going to like this response but here it is:

The dealer is not the one who damaged the car in the first place. You went there for their help and the repair was sufficient other than the swirls.

Swirl marks can be easily removed by the right professional using the right materials.

My suggestion is to go to your own guy and get the swirls removed and ask the dealer to foot the bill. Should be no more than $200 to do it the right way.

Stop the witch hunt to find out the name of the dealership when all that is necessary is a little elbow grease and the right tools.

Flame suit on!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #18
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
Swirl marks can be removed by non professionals as well. EVERYONE who is a car enthusiast should own a Porter Cable 7424.

Plus, i'm not sure the clear bra should have been installed that soon after a fresh repaint.

The repaint they use is NOT the same as the factory. It's softer and takes time to cure.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:22 AM   #19
RPO_Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
Swirl marks can be removed by non professionals as well. EVERYONE who is a car enthusiast should own a Porter Cable 7424.

Plus, i'm not sure the clear bra should have been installed that soon after a fresh repaint.

The repaint they use is NOT the same as the factory. It's softer and takes time to cure.
Absolutely.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #20
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #21
navmaxlp

Drives: Not a Camaro :(
Commented on your FB post over there to try and give it some more oomph.
navmaxlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #22
MasterZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
If you cant get it settled another route is filing a complaint about the dealership. I dont have the number, but there is an 800# you can call to GM headquarters to file a complaint about a dealer service. Send Fbodfather a PM and ask him for this number he maybe able to help you out.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #23
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
IF Allstate "directed" you to go to their "approved shop" then it's their responsibility. If you went there on your own, then its between you and the repair shop.
Allstate doesn't repair cars but if they "directed you" there they are responsible for the repairs. As an adjuster/appraiser for many years, I never direct insureds to a particular shop for this very reason.
Allstate shop- Allstates problem. Your selected shop- Your problem.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:00 PM   #24
JB @ C and L Machine

Drives: Ordered 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post

The dealer is not the one who damaged the car in the first place. You went there for their help and the repair was sufficient other than the swirls.

Swirl marks can be easily removed by the right professional using the right materials.

My suggestion is to go to your own guy and get the swirls removed and ask the dealer to foot the bill. Should be no more than $200 to do it the right way.

Stop the witch hunt to find out the name of the dealership when all that is necessary is a little elbow grease and the right tools.

Flame suit on!
With your attitude..its a wonder why you sell anything. Typical NY
JB @ C and L Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #25
RPO_Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB @ C and L Machine View Post
Listen to you.

Thanks for your contribution to this thread and possible solution.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:14 PM   #26
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post

Quote:

Flame suit on!
Exactly...I hate to say it as well but this is a mass produced automobile and while I hate what happened, happened but it's not a Ferrari! It's a Chevy and a Chevy dealer could do this this. It's not right, but come on...witch hunting is not the answer!

Tell the dealer your complaint, tell them you are going to fix it and then pay the bill and seek payment from them either thru your insurance or other avenue.

If it doesn't work out then don't go back there! Simple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB @ C and L Machine View Post
You may be right but the "my Camaro is holier than all other cars" attitude won't get you very far either!

Hate if you want...but seriously...this is a bit much guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZ View Post
If you cant get it settled another route is filing a complaint about the dealership. I dont have the number, but there is an 800# you can call to GM headquarters to file a complaint about a dealer service. Send Fbodfather a PM and ask him for this number he maybe able to help you out.
Sending a PM for roughly $200 worth of work is a bit much don't you think? I mean really...does Scott not have more important things to do than this? I think so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
IF Allstate "directed" you to go to their "approved shop" then it's their responsibility. If you went there on your own, then its between you and the repair shop.
Allstate doesn't repair cars but if they "directed you" there they are responsible for the repairs. As an adjuster/appraiser for many years, I never direct insureds to a particular shop for this very reason.
Allstate shop- Allstates problem. Your selected shop- Your problem.
Exactly...your problem...fix it, tell them you are doing it and then seek your money from them.

If it's truly this important to you then you'll hire a lawyer, pay all the fees up front knowing you could lose! Is $200 worth it?
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #27
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:

My suggestion is to go to your own guy and g
et the swirls removed and ask the dealer to foot the bill. Should be no more than $200 to do it the right way.

Flame suit on!
If it went in with no swirls it should come out with no swirls.... absolutely no reason OP should have to use any "elbow grease". Shop should do the job right.
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #28
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marticus24 View Post
If it went in with no swirls it should come out with no swirls.... absolutely no reason OP should have to use any "elbow grease". Shop should do the job right.
True...but if they didn't do it right, which to him they didn't and you can't get the corrections needed a that dealer, then tell them what you are doing, get it done and seek repayment via your insurance or other avenue.

I'm not a dealer or trying to protect them...but I'm not going to seek out and destroy a dealer for something like this.

Maybe that's me...IDK...it all seems a bit much. I would be mad but when I was told we aren't fixing it, then I tell them fine, I'm going to have it fixed, file thru my insurance and you'll hear from me soon.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote