Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
Camaro SS vs Panamera GTS.

so i just watched this video on youtube and curious who will on dragstrip. and the other think that i dont understand why would you pay $100k more for this ugly and slow car. the price of the panamera is $146k. i mean u can buy the zl1 for $60k which is faster, but if u think the zl1 not fast enough you still have more money around 86k. that's a lot of money right? u can the cams, headers and so on to make your car faster.

Attached Images

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Everyone has their own preference and subjective taste in cars. I don't think it's that slow (0-6 in 4.1 and 1/4 in 12.7), and the technology, amenities, build, quality & materials are top shelf - so you get what you pay for. A Porsche is a Porsche. The styling is controversial - you either like it or you don't. I'd take one... but I'd still have a Camaro and other cars in the garage.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #3
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Being a 4 door car a better question would be why not buy a CTS-V Sedan or a AMG Mercedes. Either car is much faster and looks a ton better. (I would love to have a CTS-V sedan. )

At the best the styling does not attract any attention.... but for most it is UGLY UGLY UGLY.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
Everyone has their own preference and subjective taste in cars. I don't think it's that slow (0-6 in 4.1 and 1/4 in 12.7), and the technology, amenities, build, quality & materials are top shelf - so you get what you pay for. A Porsche is a Porsche. The styling is controversial - you either like it or you don't. I'd take one... but I'd still have a Camaro and other cars in the garage.
its quite slow for a $146k car. lol jk jk. yes its not that slow, but at least it should be around 500ish hp with that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
Being a 4 door car a better question would be why not buy a CTS-V Sedan or a AMG Mercedes. Either car is much faster and looks a ton better. (I would love to have a CTS-V sedan. )

At the best the styling does not attract any attention.... but for most it is UGLY UGLY UGLY.
wait a sec. how much is an AMG mercedes?

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
BlackinBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita View Post
wait a sec. how much is an AMG mercedes?
E class AMG starts at 90K. Depending on what model and spec you can build one for the price of a Panamera. Did not say it was cheap. If it was my money it would be a CTS-V.

Roto-Fab CAI

Roto-Fab CAI
Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Slow? Apples to apples. Porsche panamera turbo S destroys a ZL anything. 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. Different cars marketed to a different demographic.
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
BlackinBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
Slow? Apples to apples. Porsche panamera turbo S destroys a ZL anything. 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. Different cars marketed to a different demographic.
Different car. That one starts @ 175K

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/pa...amera-turbo-s/

It is fast. But still ugly.

This is the one being discussed.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/pa.../panamera-gts/

Roto-Fab CAI

Roto-Fab CAI
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #8
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
Different car. That one starts @ 175K

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/pa...amera-turbo-s/

It is fast. But still ugly.

This is the one being discussed.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/pa.../panamera-gts/

Yes. I know. That's why I said apples to apples. The GTS is a more track orientated model. I agree not a good looking car but you can not argue with it's performance. Quite a feat for a huge four door grand touring automobile.
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
SSeric

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Different cars marketed to a different demographic.
This. The Porsche Panamera is marketed to a different demographic with a different set of demands. Does the ZL1 put down better numbers at a much lower pricepoint? Absolutely. But let's keep this in perspective. The ZL1 is a domestic muscle car that was specifically designed for raw power & track performance. The GTS is an all-wheel drive sports sedan and, given the demographic, investment, and focus of the Panamera, there is much more to consider. Sure, the ZL1 puts down a lot of power and looks great, but the balance & refinement of the Porsche itself is absolutely incredible.

Putting that aside...if the guy owns a $150k car as his daily driver, chances are he's got something in the garage that would put that ZL1 to shame.
SSeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #10
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
If I'm gonna buy a sedan anything, it better seat 5 people. You just don't ever know when your kid wants to bring friends with him, or our dd'ing drunk people home.
The cayenne appeals to me more for its 5 passenger capability and some utility.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
The Porsche is an unbelievable car to drive. Fast grand tourer, brilliant canyon carver, muscle car, sports car. And the interior is a great place to be, especially as you can't see the outside from there. One of the best cars I've ever had the pleasure to drive and yet I don't want one, not even a little bit. Call me shallow.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #12
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Quote:
^^^^^^^ this
the turbo panamera is a SICK fast- heavy 4 door sedan.
looks are subjective.... on non GM type sites the majority happen to think the CTSV is ugly which i happen to agree with.
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #13
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeric View Post
This. The Porsche Panamera is marketed to a different demographic with a different set of demands. Does the ZL1 put down better numbers at a much lower pricepoint? Absolutely. But let's keep this in perspective. The ZL1 is a domestic muscle car that was specifically designed for raw power & track performance. The GTS is an all-wheel drive sports sedan and, given the demographic, investment, and focus of the Panamera, there is much more to consider. Sure, the ZL1 puts down a lot of power and looks great, but the balance & refinement of the Porsche itself is absolutely incredible.

Putting that aside...if the guy owns a $150k car as his daily driver, chances are he's got something in the garage that would put that ZL1 to shame.
Chances are his other car maybe a ZL-1. Also a ZL-1 would be more compared to the turbo version with comparable hp. The build quality in the Panamera is breath taking even compared to BMW 7s and Mercs somewhat.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #14
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
The Porsche is an unbelievable car to drive. Fast grand tourer, brilliant canyon carver, muscle car, sports car. And the interior is a great place to be, especially as you can't see the outside from there. One of the best cars I've ever had the pleasure to drive and yet I don't want one, not even a little bit. Call me shallow.
You're not shallow bud, I love Porsche and I too don't feel need for one. GT3 or GT3 RS now we're talking.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote