Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #99
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
JALOPNIK had this to say about the V6 pics... For all you Camaro fan-boys and fan-girls out there

SOURCE: http://jalopnik.com/392828/2010-chev...f-di-v6-engine

Look closely at the throttle-body size and shape and the bolts holding it on, the three fluid reservoirs in the same locations, all cues that this is indeed the glorious direct-injection V6.
Hey! That's what I said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:09 AM   #100
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
wrong......I know for a fact that DI V6 camaro would spank that ass aganist the mustang but... not so sure about the challenger R/T it has 370 HP and 375 with the six-speed, yes I know it is 2 tons and the camaro is under 3700....maybe but I think the extra 75 horses and the six-speed is more than enough to kick the DI V6 camaro's ass, so the DI V6 gota go way faster than 300hp,
The Camaro V6 should come in under 3600lbs. And it'll have a 6-speed, too.
Let's say the Challenger will lose a hundred pounds thanks to a smaller engine

The numbers tell the case: Challenger's Power to weight ratio is: 10.8
Camaro's would be 11.8. The Challenger is faster, but it's not "more than enough" to kick the DI V6's ass. Think back to G8/Challenger SRT8. (G8 = 11.08; SRT8 = 9.64), yet the G8 kept right on it's tail. Scary.

Quote:
...I was expecting 350-380 horses for the mid-trim but 300 come on man, and does this mean that the camaro would have only one v8 trim??, comments
As it stands;
300hp V6, 400hp V8, and 500+hp V8. With a high probability of a 260hp T4.
Any questions?
Old 05-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #101
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Camaro's would be 11.8. The Challenger is faster, but it's not "more than enough" to kick the DI V6's ass. Think back to G8/Challenger SRT8. (G8 = 11.08; SRT8 = 9.64), yet the G8 kept right on it's tail. Scary.

As it stands;
Any questions?
you mean the charger lol guess it dont make a diffrence, but I still think it as an edge aganist the DI camaro5, v6 six-speed manual..........facts

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #102
Sphinx002

Drives: .
Quote:

As it stands;
Any questions?
Something of note to add to this:

The 2.0L turbo is currently rated at 260HP, however there is good information that GM is talking about or planning a 300HP version of said engine. It was mentioned for the Targa Solstice GXP model. It has been known for a while that GM left some HP on the table when they did the 2.0L
Sphinx002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #103
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zieke View Post
i dont think so. look at the wheel of the red car. half of it is in the wheel well. an older car maybe?

edit: heck, i may be wrong too. the rest of the tire is probably cut of by the crease in the door panel?
who knows.
After looking super close, I've come to the conclusion that, that is a challenger sitting next to our beloved Camaro, i think. Also, why is there a Dodge Caliber next to it on the other side?? Are they comparing performace stats between the three?? j/k
Old 05-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #104
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx002 View Post
Something of note to add to this:

The 2.0L turbo is currently rated at 260HP, however there is good information that GM is talking about or planning a 300HP version of said engine. It was mentioned for the Targa Solstice GXP model. It has been known for a while that GM left some HP on the table when they did the 2.0L
what are you saying, its between the DI V6 and the T4

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 05-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #105
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
After looking super close, I've come to the conclusion that, that is a challenger sitting next to our beloved Camaro, i think. Also, why is there a Dodge Caliber next to it on the other side?? Are they comparing performace stats between the three?? j/k
that is a challenger, eww thats a low blow

Quote:
Old 05-23-2008, 11:58 AM   #106
Sphinx002

Quote:
what are you saying, its between the DI V6 and the T4
Not saying anything. The talk is about the 2.0L turbo going into the Solstice targa GXP. I imagine that is because they don't want to try and fit a V6 into it. However it does become important when we are talking about that engine going into the Camaro because it means that it could be more than 260HP.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #107
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
Not saying anything. The talk is about the 2.0L turbo going into the Solstice targa GXP. I imagine that is because they don't want to try and fit a V6 into it. However it does become important when we are talking about that engine going into the Camaro because it means that it could be more than 260HP.
I see

Quote:
Old 05-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #108
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose, though? I mean, putting a 300 horse Turbo 4 in the base Camaro. The Sky/Solctice is 28 grand for that 260 horse Turbo...if they popped it in the Camaro for 20k, they'd need to give the Solctice/Sky folks something to make them feel 'special', to keep the the Red Line/GXP models stronger than an entry-level car, you know? That's what I think they may be doing...
Old 05-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #109
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
If I'm wrong about the R/T being the Hemi, I appologize. I think it would be a V6 DI Camaro because of the torque, at least in a 1320. I think Camaro would pull at the top, but still don't think it would outrun a Hemi. Who knows though; with the right gearing, that little V6 could pull a Hemi, perhaps.

We'll find out soon enough

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:23 PM   #110
Sphinx002

Quote:
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose, though? I mean, putting a 300 horse Turbo 4 in the base Camaro. The Sky/Solctice is 28 grand for that 260 horse Turbo...if they popped it in the Camaro for 20k, they'd need to give the Solctice/Sky folks something to make them feel 'special', to keep the the Red Line/GXP models stronger than an entry-level car, you know? That's what I think they may be doing...
GM has made moves that don't make sense before....Honestly my only point was that 260HP isn't set in stone. To me, I don't care. I've V8 bound. I can't imagine the turbo 2 L getting better much better gas mileage than the 3.6L DI in the Camaro, so to me, the whole idea of the 2.0L turbo doesn't makes any sense. That motor isn't made in quantity so I'm betting the cost difference between the 3.6L and 2.0 L is insignificant. Why bother?
Old 05-23-2008, 12:26 PM   #111
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
If I'm wrong about the R/T being the Hemi, I appologize. I think it would be a V6 DI Camaro because of the torque, at least in a 1320. I think Camaro would pull at the top, but still don't think it would outrun a Hemi. Who knows though; with the right gearing, that little V6 could pull a Hemi, perhaps.

We'll find out soon enough
your right, the upgraded 5.7 Hemi

Quote:
Old 05-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #112
Radcannon

Drives: 67 Street/Strip/Show
it is the LLT same as the caddys. She will be direct injection. If you guys are looking for real performance though i would go G8 all the way the thing is sick trust me. The new one u want ls3 here i come.
Radcannon is offline   Reply With Quote