Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 10-13-2014, 04:04 PM   #113
HOLLYSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Black
I thought the women that took out her own mailbox was a highlight on the way... i think only a few in the middle of the pack caught this.
HOLLYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:52 PM   #114
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLYSS View Post
I thought the women that took out her own mailbox was a highlight on the way... i think only a few in the middle of the pack caught this.
The lady in the Jeep totally tore up her mailbox. If I had more of a stopping point I would have taken a pic.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:53 PM   #115
94impss

Drives: 94 Impala SS / 2011 2SS/RS Conv.
I tried to tell her. She just kept going
94impss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #116
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
What a day!!! Great cars and best of all, GREAT people!!!

59 cars is our best turnout yet, and a number we weren't quite prepared for. I have to give kudos to George (Bee) for staying involved with the organization of this event, his contributions have been so important over the past 4 years. This was my first year with any direct organizational responsibilities, and I was honored to be asked by George to become involved as Bob, a founding organizer of this event, could not be reached and had fallen out of touch for some reason. While we know many of you enjoyed your day, we know that some may not have. There were a few glitches during the cruise that were bound to happen, given the number of cars that participated, and we have taken note of them, and are working to make sure they are addressed for next year's event, so everyone has the same enjoyable experience. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to PM George or myself, so we can consider them for next year's cruise.

I have to give a shout out to a few people who stepped up and helped with important contributions during the day that really helped us pull it off. First, our photographers, Tony, Jack and George (Bee), who always take GREAT pictures that add to the quality of the event. Also, Eddie and George G., who did a great job of blocking traffic on Route 32, so we could all get out of the park together. Ron also did a great job of helping coordinate the photo ops with the biplane for us at the airport.

Thanks to everyone for their interest and participation in this event. We hope to see everyone again next year.
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:51 PM   #117
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94impss View Post
I tried to tell her. She just kept going
Bottom line, she was impatient and should have waited until we gave her a little gap.

Also, great job Kevin, George and everyone else who pulled this off. Sorry for anyone that had difficulties. It was such a great turn out that logistics were a challenge. We have to be one of the more active areas for Camaro owners and all have such a great passion for our cars.

Last edited by djcfuzz; 10-13-2014 at 10:42 PM.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #118
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
A few ideas for next year, (as I'm working on my pictures). We had four groups of cars staged for pictures and do the same thing. We have a team leader in front of each row, making sure they have a walkie talkie, as well as a walkie talkie in the last car. Each leader will know the route, and each group will be their own caravan, with the leader pulling over if part of the group is left behind at a light/intersection. I think this would help make a large group more manageable. Just a thought and we have plenty of time to throw more ideas around! Great time guys and girls!
Old 10-14-2014, 06:26 AM   #119
PSUsupaman

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnuyokr View Post
A few ideas for next year, (as I'm working on my pictures). We had four groups of cars staged for pictures and do the same thing. We have a team leader in front of each row, making sure they have a walkie talkie, as well as a walkie talkie in the last car. Each leader will know the route, and each group will be their own caravan, with the leader pulling over if part of the group is left behind at a light/intersection. I think this would help make a large group more manageable. Just a thought and we have plenty of time to throw more ideas around! Great time guys and girls!

Very good idea Tony! Smaller groups of maybe 10 or so would really make it easier. It would be cool to break them down into groups like convertibles, ZL1s, yellow, red, etc. Would be pretty cool to see like 10 yellow Camaros all in a row! Either way smaller groups is the way to go!
Old 10-14-2014, 08:20 AM   #120
RallyellowRS

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
I like the idea of the smaller groups. I can't wait to see the photo of my car with the airplane. I couldn't find it in the photos that are currently posted.
RallyellowRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #121
Sh!ftHappens
Sh!ft Happens

Drives: 2010 2SS black/Silver
Well I'm glad so many had fun. Turned out bad for me. The directions were very bad. We got lost as a group many times just after the first bridge. I and some others were very upset when we came back from the bathrooms after ten minutes and the group had left us behind at the village It was about twelve of us. Handicapped people and people with children. After that we got lost about six times. I curbed my car at one point turning around and killed my new rims. By time we ended up at the airport we missed everything and it was time to go. I was a little disappointed. Other than that it was a nice country side. Only saw two bridges because we got so lost. That's a lot of cars to control. I would work on better directions for next time. And don't include if you went to far past this point then go back. That's way too confusing. Also if someone was left behind to guide the rest of the pack that knew the route that would be good. That's just my opinion. I don't want to be negative because you gentleman did put together a great cruise.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #122
xnuyokr

Here's the first half of my pictures. I took alot and it takes some time to process them. I'll follow up with the cruise pics and the airport tonight!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=767923df1b
Old 10-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #123
xnuyokr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh!ftHappens View Post
Well I'm glad so many had fun. Turned out bad for me. The directions were very bad. We got lost as a group many times just after the first bridge. I and some others were very upset when we came back from the bathrooms after ten minutes and the group had left us behind at the village It was about twelve of us. Handicapped people and people with children. After that we got lost about six times. I curbed my car at one point turning around and killed my new rims. By time we ended up at the airport we missed everything and it was time to go. I was a little disappointed. Other than that it was a nice country side. Only saw two bridges because we got so lost. That's a lot of cars to control. I would work on better directions for next time. And don't include if you went to far past this point then go back. That's way too confusing. Also if someone was left behind to guide the rest of the pack that knew the route that would be good. That's just my opinion. I don't want to be negative because you gentleman did put together a great cruise.
Crap! Sorry to hear that. Already looking to help out with making next year easier for everybody. See my comments above. This should be a good start. Four groups, a team leader for each one and walkie talkies front and back!
SAVE THE DATE, SUNDAY OCTOBER 11, 2015
Old 10-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #124
Sh!ftHappens
Sh!ft Happens

Drives: 2010 2SS black/Silver
It was still enjoyable. Fun! Great pictures you've taken!!
Old 10-14-2014, 09:49 AM   #125
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh!ftHappens View Post
I'm really sorry to hear that you guys got left behind at Peddler's Village. That stop was mainly to allow everyone to get through the light at 202. If we weren't on such a time constraint with the airport, we could have made that a longer stop.

We will definitely find ways to help improve next year's run, and try to have designated leaders so we can have smaller groups following those who know the route.

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:57 AM   #126
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnuyokr View Post
Here's the first half of my pictures. I took alot and it takes some time to process them. I'll follow up with the cruise pics and the airport tonight!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=767923df1b
Awesome photos so far Tony! Can't wait to see the rest. (FYI...some of the pictures didn't post)

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote