Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #15
Revrider550

Drives: 2015 1SS/RS
I was about to get on the highway (aka a 65mph zone) and sitting at light with a volo next to me and he kept creeping forward and slamming on his brakes so on green I gave it a bit of a spirited start and he was In the rearview. About 10 seconds later he comes flying by going at least 90 like it was an accomplishment. I'm not thatttt interested In "proving" my car man feel free to enjoy your ticket. No doubt I shouldn't have stirred the lot with my brisk start but hey we're all a little weak every now and then
Revrider550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #16
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revrider550 View Post
I was about to get on the highway (aka a 65mph zone) and sitting at light with a volo next to me and he kept creeping forward and slamming on his brakes so on green I gave it a bit of a spirited start and he was In the rearview. About 10 seconds later he comes flying by going at least 90 like it was an accomplishment. I'm not thatttt interested In "proving" my car man feel free to enjoy your ticket. No doubt I shouldn't have stirred the lot with my brisk start but hey we're all a little weak every now and then
These guys crack me up. You put like twenty bus lengths on them without even trying and then like 5 minutes later after you've forgotten all about them and are just cruising along they come flying by at 90 and blow past you. Yeah you beat me OK. You happy now?
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #17
oldschool56

Drives: 2012 Auto Black/Black 2LT/RS
Here in Texas, it's not rice burners. It's the pickup drivers that always seem to have a point to prove.
oldschool56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #18
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Its Bmw's and Volkswagens here , The ricers dont bother me , If they do i just floor it and see if they can keep up wherever safe,
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #19
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
Tint will probably only make it worse. I know how you feel, but around here it's trucks. Every redneck in an old truck wants to race and thinks they have accomplished something when they pass.
I live close to lk orion.... dont get any trucks trying to race... usually though it isnt a particular type of car, but rather some punk kid.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #20
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrs View Post
in their rice-burners??
Seriously this is getting old every time there is a little Mazda or other POS they on my a$$ or cutting me off.
Almost like if it is an accomplishment when they pass you.

I think I will tint my windows black....maybe that will help?
...it exists. Back when I had my 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS the same attraction would happen. I used to call it an idiot magnet. Tinting won't help. Gawkers follow for whatever reason.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #21
Sugarfree135

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
Get side port exhaust and hook a wet shot nitrous setup into the pipe with a spark plug before the tip and burn his fart can little arse
Nitrous is not flammable....
Sugarfree135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #22
Sapphire

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool56 View Post
Here in Texas, it's not rice burners. It's the pickup drivers that always seem to have a point to prove.
Seems to be the same here in TN where I live. those damn trucks!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #23
Rickyrod36

Drives: 2011 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool56 View Post
Especially here in houston!
Rickyrod36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #24
CocoaKid
CocoaKid

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMIZE View Post
Haha I totally get that too driving round where we live... The interesting thing is this is my 3rd camaro. I've previously had a yellow 2lt, and orange convertible 2lt/rs. Now that I have my blacked out ss, it's the worst it has every been! Like seriously, a notable change in the way people drive around me since I got it.. I just brush it off and take it as a compliment, but it can be annoying at times. Our cars are nice, but there are some definitely wayyy more expensive toys riding around the streets around here! lol it's not surprising to walk around my office park and see aston martins, porsche gt3's, rolls royce, ferrari, or bentley! ahhaha i love scottsdale!
I always laugh when I'm doing 20 over getting passed on the right by minivans...
CocoaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #25
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I eat rice
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #26
King Leonidas
Anthony

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
It is always the ricers here in Colorado. Since I have had the car (less than a month) I have had 5 or 6 different kids fly by me like an idiot in their honda civic or whatever they rice up.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #27
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Leonidas View Post
It is always the ricers here in Colorado. Since I have had the car (less than a month) I have had 5 or 6 different kids fly by me like an idiot in their honda civic or whatever they rice up.
Gee, I guess what bumped me out today was this Mazda Miata with over-sized tires and the convertible top cut into pieces.
I bet the guy was thinking he was driving a exotic.
The 2 miles down the road another freaking Mazda (newer model)
Drives slow as hell and once I pass he feels like he is on the track and does 90 in a 65.
Give me a break!
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #28
tbis

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
The 4th gens seem to hate on 5s too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

[SIZE="100"]
tbis is offline   Reply With Quote