Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-02-2010, 10:44 PM   #15
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
My paint has never been corrected, it is the stock RS spoiler, and it is scratched bad. Before I knew anything about detailing, I would use the brush at the local car wash. Now that I know stuff, I only use the 2 bucket method at home with grit guards, foam gun, 2 Adam's wash pads, and Adam's soap. I dry with a leaf blower and an Adam's Great White Drying Towel.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:12 AM   #16
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
My paint has never been corrected, it is the stock RS spoiler, and it is scratched bad. Before I knew anything about detailing, I would use the brush at the local car wash. Now that I know stuff, I only use the 2 bucket method at home with grit guards, foam gun, 2 Adam's wash pads, and Adam's soap. I dry with a leaf blower and an Adam's Great White Drying Towel.
Holy moly! Dude, that face palm isn't remotely big enough!

If you were using that brush, your paint is in nasty shape and you are definitely going to need a swirl and haze remover. More importantly, your technique with the polisher is going to have to be darn near flawless because no matter what you use, your results are not going to be good if you are using the polisher wrong. You don't need to worry about damaging anything as much as you will end up being frustrated because you won't be able to get the results you want. Too bad you're not closer. I would love to see your paint and be able to show you what it is going to take to fix it.

My videos are there for you to watch. I detail the products you need, how much product to use and how to use them. Again, technique is going to be critical with your success. Move the polisher too fast or at too high a speed and you won't do anything but waste time, money and product. Danger is not an issues with the PC and Adam's stuff, technique definitely is. I can't stress it enough.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #17
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Holy moly! Dude, that face palm isn't remotely big enough!

If you were using that brush, your paint is in nasty shape and you are definitely going to need a swirl and haze remover. More importantly, your technique with the polisher is going to have to be darn near flawless because no matter what you use, your results are not going to be good if you are using the polisher wrong. You don't need to worry about damaging anything as much as you will end up being frustrated because you won't be able to get the results you want. Too bad you're not closer. I would love to see your paint and be able to show you what it is going to take to fix it.

My videos are there for you to watch. I detail the products you need, how much product to use and how to use them. Again, technique is going to be critical with your success. Move the polisher too fast or at too high a speed and you won't do anything but waste time, money and product. Danger is not an issues with the PC and Adam's stuff, technique definitely is. I can't stress it enough.
I'm about an hour and 45 minutes away. I've been trying to get Adam's to do a detailing thing in Northern Kentucky or Cincy at one of their dealers or something lol. I'm 20 minutes from Cincy
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #18
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
I'm about an hour and 45 minutes away. I've been trying to get Adam's to do a detailing thing in Northern Kentucky or Cincy at one of their dealers or something lol. I'm 20 minutes from Cincy
Dude, drive on down here! I did a clinic in northern Kentucky last year. You must have missed it. If you make the drive, I'll show you how to fix your paint before you spend a dime. You'll have to feed me though and I hang out at some high class joints!

Old 11-05-2010, 12:46 AM   #19
gofast908z

Drives: Camaro
The D/A Microfiber system really has my attention!
gofast908z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:42 AM   #20
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Hahaha I just caught myself reading your posts JunkMan and dubbing in your voice while I was reading! Gotta stop watching all your videos on youtube!

What I really wanted to post here (I just had to jump in here with this) is that girl on your left arm there in the pic is amazing looking... I would say what I really wanted to but other people read these posts too and it would not be apropriate!!! hahaha
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:29 AM   #21
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
Hahaha I just caught myself reading your posts JunkMan and dubbing in your voice while I was reading! Gotta stop watching all your videos on youtube!

What I really wanted to post here (I just had to jump in here with this) is that girl on your left arm there in the pic is amazing looking... I would say what I really wanted to but other people read these posts too and it would not be apropriate!!! hahaha

Yea, she is a little hottie!

Old 11-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #22
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Iomcamaro, do it!!! Get down to see Junkman right away!!! He'll unplug you from The Matrix and get you on the right path!