Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-27-2015, 01:36 PM   #1
TonyMaf

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Angry Three top repairs and a replacement... Still Leaking!!!

So what do i do now...

I love this stupid car (2011 RS/SS vert) but just can't get the dealer or GM to make this right.

It has leaked since very early on and the water bags failed to drain and soaked my trunk... was told that it's normal to hear water sloshing around.

I have had the car in service for 4 times for like three months and finally had a new top installed.

We had our first rain and what do you know water behind the driver's seat...

Hoping there is still some hope on the "Lemon" provisions, but did not formally complain b/c dealer told me water sitting in the rear was normal at first...

Has anyone had any luck with Magnuson-Moss federal law in getting resolution. I just want the car to work properly, and I have been patient, but I cannot be without a car all the time while they try to sort it out.

GM Customer service was of little help, and the dealer is trying but what recourse do I have to get out of this mess...

PS The dealer trade in guys were kind enough to offer me 18K for my car... thanks! They said they would not sell it from the lot because of the issues and would only be able to auction it... too bad they hadn't done that before I got it... I guess it was OK to sell to me?

Appreciate any thoughts and help!!!

Last edited by TonyMaf; 03-27-2015 at 01:38 PM. Reason: typos
TonyMaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:44 PM   #2
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
I am working with the same issues. I have a 2011 vert as well. Currently, my trunk is staying wet. Was just in the shop for 2 weeks, and they could not find the cause. It goes back in on Monday. (Latest thread - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399215) I have had the top replaced once. All weatherstripping has been replaced at least once.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:48 PM   #3
Guelphguy

Drives: 2013 - 2SS Vert
Oh boy, sorry to hear. I bought a 2013 Camaro, with hopes that it sounded like most top problems have been resolved. I ran into problem when I was on vacation last week in Florida and while trying to find the source of a voltage issue, they had the side panels of the trunk apart and pointed out to me that my top was leaking water into the trunk. Behind the panels in the trunk is a water line/mark that has even started to corrode. I told my dealer when home and they said, come back in a month or so when the weather is better and we'll have a look!

This is my first convertible and reading all these threads, I am really starting to question my buy.
Guelphguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:13 PM   #4
rangomr

Drives: Oracle Camaro has all the bells &
Bought my 2012 Convertible Camaro in April 2012 and have NOT had one single problem with any water leaks. I read about these before I bought my convertible but I had never had a convertible and was convinced this was the car for me know matter what problems where going on with the convertible roofs.
Glad I bought it and its been fun belonging to the 5th Gen Camaro Club of the Carolina. Yes they let a Virginia in the club. I live right on the border line of NC and Va.
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:33 PM   #5
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Tony, sorry to hear. Fortunately I haven't had any issues yet - but this is where the price point of the car (for me) drops to sell or keep it forever. Another 10 years of depreciation and I'd expect a well-kept 011 SS/RS to still fetch over 10K. Maybe I'm dreaming, but only $1,200 of depreciation a year for me is a real good reason to keep her/him/it (betting on it!). BUT, not if the top leaks or has issues. GOod luck with your decision - I hope it gets sorted out soon, and for good - please continue to keep us posted!
Old 03-27-2015, 10:23 PM   #6
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
I recommend trying a different dealer.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote