Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-27-2016, 05:35 AM   #1
Alessio

Drives: LS
Read before buy MRR 228 from "Need4Speed"

Apologize my bad English but it's not my first language.

This is the bad experience i had with with MRR 228 and specifically with "Need4Speed" Shop.

Do not talking about the fact that the wheels arrived in huge delay,but the problem it's probably related to the Ebay Global Shipping System.

The problem started when i received the Wheels,

First Thing : Missing Hardware, the Air Valves were supposed to be 4 (1 each wheel) there were only 2 inside the Hardware Box, and was a serious problem to me because i Live in Italy, and the Air Valves are different, ok no problem, i have been Lucky and i Found 2 of them from an hardware shop.

Serious problem, starts here.. i putted the Tyres i had on the previous wheels (Pzero) with around 70% of life remaining.. Did balance, and Steering Wheel was shaking a lot while testing, back to the shop he said, probably it's a Tyres problem, ok.. (Even if them was perfect on the previous wheels), bought a set of 4 new tyres, re-balanced, same problem.
Brought to The Wheels shop, they checked, and after several balance tries problem was still there.
Finally they find out that 1 wheel has a problem, not a problem of damage or bent, a problem occured during the production of the wheel, and it's not repairavble in any way.

In all of this, i tried to mail "Need4Speed" several times, to tell them about the missing hardware and the wheel problem, Absolutely any Replied were give to me, i have been completely ignored.

Hope this experience will helps you in taking your final decision.

Thanks,

Alessio
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:19 AM   #2
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
Sorry for your issues. Did you pay with a credit card? You should have some recourse through the credit card company. They owe you a "good" rim. Insist that they pay for return shipping and promptly send you a new rim. Good luck!
Old 05-27-2016, 07:09 AM   #3
Alessio

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnuyokr View Post
Sorry for your issues. Did you pay with a credit card? You should have some recourse through the credit card company. They owe you a "good" rim. Insist that they pay for return shipping and promptly send you a new rim. Good luck!
Thank you for your reply.
The main problem (Over the fact that send back the wheel to them and have a new one would take 2 months, i'm in Italy) it will takes as well 1000+ Euros of shipping costs...
The cool thing is that the wheels arrived with the classic sticker over them (Quality Control OK), yes sure..
However the thing that shocked me the most it's the unprofessionality level of the "Need4Speed" shop staff.
What a Shame..
Old 05-27-2016, 09:24 AM   #4
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Wow this is news to me. I ordered my 228s through them, and had absolutely none of these issues (outside of a long wait due to circumstances out of their control - port slowdown due to labor union strike). Even well after my purchase Paul came through big time for me.

I'm sure he'll see this thread and see what kind of resolution can be worked out. These guys have a GREAT reputation on here, and this is the first complaint I've seen about them. Hopefully they will see this and work out a resolution that is satisfactory for you.

Good luck
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:23 PM   #5
Mike_G

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Have you tried calling the company? Sometimes gets a better response than an email.

Use to have
2010 Camaro SS - ECS SC 1500, Kooks LTH + HFC, Corsa, CTS-V brakes, Detroit Speed Coilovers, BMR sways (FE4 conversion), DSE endlinks, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, Forgestar F14's
Mike_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:36 PM   #6
Alessio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
Have you tried calling the company? Sometimes gets a better response than an email.
Thanks for reply.
i do not think its a problem related to the email.
as before buy the wheels we exchanged several emails in order to have informations.. and they always replied in minutes.
now that i have a problem i cant get a reply in 1 week.. kind of weird dont you think?
Old 05-27-2016, 02:09 PM   #7
TX_ED_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Call them! No more email messages.

U.S. Army Retired
TX_ED_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:26 PM   #8
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Guys he is in Italy and English is not his first language so it may be difficult to call and explain the issue at hand. Also two different time zones make it hard to line up a phone call.

I do think it is very strange that they have not yet replied to your emails and addressed your concerns in this matter however they may be short handed or are very busy. I would give it till Wednesday of next week (we have Memorial day coming up and most businesses are closed on Monday) if you have not heard from them to try and line up a time to call them. This is kind of a bummer OP. Best of luck to you.

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:34 PM   #9
deweyg63

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 500+ h.p. monster
Did you use paypal? I have had a couple problems ordering parts and paypal helped both times. The threat of paypal dropping them makes them realize they could lose a lot of future business
deweyg63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:14 PM   #10
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
sounds like it could be an eccentricity problem??
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:37 PM   #11
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
What did the shop say about what is wrong with the wheel? If it's not bent, why does it cause vibration?
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:54 PM   #12
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio View Post
Thanks for reply.
i do not think its a problem related to the email.
as before buy the wheels we exchanged several emails in order to have informations.. and they always replied in minutes.
now that i have a problem i cant get a reply in 1 week.. kind of weird dont you think?
That is weird hopefully they will have an answer for you soon.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:29 AM   #13
Alessio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-man View Post
What did the shop say about what is wrong with the wheel? If it's not bent, why does it cause vibration?
Hi thanks fo reply.
they say a manufacturing process problem.
its not perfeclty round.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:58 PM   #14
Alessio

still no reply from "need4speed"