Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
Brett64D

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 LS3
Replaced rack and pinioin now Service Stabilitrak light is on

I just picked up the car after getting new rack and pinion as well as tie rod ends installed. After a few seconds of driving the traction control lights come on as well as the service stabilitrak indication on DIC. I checked the manual but it was useless. Any ideas on how to reset the system without going to a dealer? No dealers anywhere near me here in Germany.
Whipple 2.9L Supercharger, Stage 2 CNC ported heads, Stage 3 Blower cam, ID850 injectors, 3-bolt cam sprocket, Lonnie's double fuel pump system, DOD/AFM Delete kit, ARP head & crank bolts, Trans cooler, Circle D Multi-Disc Torque Converter 3600 Stall, Lakewood sub-frame connectors, BMR Rear Differential Cradle bushings, BMR front and rear sway bars, BMR lower control arms, Lakewood trailing arms, Lakewood adjustable Toe links, One-piece 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft, 1400 HP Axles. Demon Eye Halos, RapidFire Brake light LEDs, Maas Monaco rims (Custom painted for color match), Heritage Grill.
Brett64D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi Brett64D,

Although I am unable to provide technical assistance, we have a customer service department in Germany that can assist in getting you in contact with the proper department to help. The phone number is 0800-24-38-765. I hope the issue is resolved quickly for you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
Brett64D

Thank you!
Whipple 2.9L Supercharger, Stage 2 CNC ported heads, Stage 3 Blower cam, ID850 injectors, 3-bolt cam sprocket, Lonnie's double fuel pump system, DOD/AFM Delete kit, ARP head & crank bolts, Trans cooler, Circle D Multi-Disc Torque Converter 3600 Stall, Lakewood sub-frame connectors, BMR Rear Differential Cradle bushings, BMR front and rear sway bars, BMR lower control arms, Lakewood trailing arms, Lakewood adjustable Toe links, One-piece 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft, 1400 HP Axles. Demon Eye Halos, RapidFire Brake light LEDs, Maas Monaco rims (Custom painted for color match), Heritage Grill.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #4

Drives: 2SS
You have 4 abs sensors on your car...check their connections, the front left one is near the working area of your rack and pinion. Also to reset the system just remove the battery terminal and put it back after a couple of minutes.
332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
toNspahreP
Account Suspended

Drives: SS
service stabilitrak comes on when your engine misfires. look into that as well - nothing in stabilitrak ties into your power steering.
toNspahreP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
Brett64D

I called them. They are only roadside assistance and could not provide any help.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #7

I am attaching 2 pics with the front left abs sensor wire in the engine compartment, they are marked with green circle, check them first. Also you could have a cracked plug or a misfire, but I doubt that they removed the plug coils in order to accidentaly hit one and crack it. Name:  123.jpg
Views: 5939
Size:  160.4 KB

Name:  312.jpg
Views: 7422
Size:  193.8 KB
Old 10-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

You're welcome!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett64D View Post
Thank you!
Old 10-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Thank you for letting me know. I found a different phone number for you from the GM Germany website. The phone number is 0800-66-47-446. You may also visit the website at http://www.chevrolet.de/. Please let me know if you need further information. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett64D View Post
I called them. They are only roadside assistance and could not provide any help.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #10
IMPERIALBLUE2SS

Drives: 2010 imperial blue LS3 M6 2SSRS
Probably the steering angle sensor. If it's not reset when you install a rack the computer does not know where true straight up and down of the steering wheel is and hence the light. Does not need to go to dealer to reset just a competent shop with a good scanner that has the software to reset it. Snap on scanners do have the software.
IMPERIALBLUE2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #11
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPERIALBLUE2SS View Post
Probably the steering angle sensor. If it's not reset when you install a rack the computer does not know where true straight up and down of the steering wheel is and hence the light. Does not need to go to dealer to reset just a competent shop with a good scanner that has the software to reset it. Snap on scanners do have the software.
^^^^^This!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #12

have you figured it out? if not you do have some tuners and also some GM dealers in Germany that could help you.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #13
Brett64D

No, I tried several shops and they can't do it. I am going to call Chevy in Nurnburg this afternoon and see when they can get to it.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #14

ok, good luck! They should be able to diagnosticate your car! Let us know how you sorted it out! And also be careful if you go there without stabilitytrack it can be tricky sometimes.