Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #15
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabamaro View Post
What's the difference btwn the LS9x vs LS9r?
ls9r is the upgraded pressure plate version. supposed to be good for 900lb of torque or something around there. The X is the stock untouched ls9 clutch. In our cars probably good for around 700lbft
Old 06-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #16
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Quote:
Shawn at Lethal sent me the pic of my slave. It had completely come apart.
Sorry to say it but if you keep that clutch in your car it will probably keep doing the same thing. The vettes don't have that issue so I think it has something to do with that spacer we have to use to put it in our cars.( Maybe not big enough or to big not really sure just hypothesizing)
Old 06-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #17
Rabamaro

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
Sorry to say it but if you keep that clutch in your car it will probably keep doing the same thing. The vettes don't have that issue so I think it has something to do with that spacer we have to use to put it in our cars.( Maybe not big enough or to big not really sure just hypothesizing)
I'm fairly certain that the one I have is the LS9x clutch. I have two friends who have the same setup and love theirs.
Vararam Tune CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, 160 degree stat, VMax ported throttle body, Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LTs with X-pipe, Borla S-Type Axle back, MGW short throw, 3.91s, Ported stock IM, BTR Stage IV cam, Heritage Grille, Backup camera, UMI Performance trailing arms and toe rods, dyno tune
Rabamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #18
Rabamaro

Just confirmed that its the LS9x rated around 700ftlbs. That's the one without the issues correct?
Vararam Tune CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, 160 degree stat, VMax ported throttle body, Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LTs with X-pipe, Borla S-Type Axle back, MGW short throw, 3.91s, Ported stock IM, BTR Stage IV cam, Heritage Grille, Backup camera, UMI Performance trailing arms and toe rods, dyno tune
Old 06-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #19
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Just confirmed that its the LS9x rated around 700ftlbs. That's the one without the issues correct?
From my understanding they are the same clutch,one is heat treated which is suppose to make it stronger? It has the same stack height. I can tell you we replace a lot of those systems for numerous issues,one customers disc flew apart when it broke and we had to rebuild it for him so he could get some of his money back,,,,,
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #20
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Quote:
The X is the one I've seen with less issues. But it's not any kind of confirmed science, it's just what I've noticed over the years. But you already have had the big issue with them so I don't think you will be one of the the lucky ones.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #21
Rabamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
The X is the one I've seen with less issues. But it's not any kind of confirmed science, it's just what I've noticed over the years. But you already have had the big issue with them so I don't think you will be one of the the lucky ones.
Well that's disconcerning.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:00 AM   #22
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
I replaced my slave and throwout bearing last October (2012) and at the same time had the Mcleod RXT installed. I also have a separate clutch reservoir. I'm getting a slight gravelly feeling on and off in the clutch pedal. The clutch still engages about an inch off the floor and shifts fine. Some times the clutch chatters and due to my cam I have to slip it to get the car moving. I'm guessing the slave is going out again?

I don't race drag race the car and it's not a daily driver, however I did autocross the car twice at the Good Guys show last March. After my first run at the autocross my clutch was so hot I couldn't get the car in reverse. After letting it cool it drove fine.

Any suggestions?
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #23
Rabamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray View Post
I replaced my slave and throwout bearing last October (2012) and at the same time had the Mcleod RXT installed. I also have a separate clutch reservoir. I'm getting a slight gravelly feeling on and off in the clutch pedal. The clutch still engages about an inch off the floor and shifts fine. Some times the clutch chatters and due to my cam I have to slip it to get the car moving. I'm guessing the slave is going out again?

I don't race drag race the car and it's not a daily driver, however I did autocross the car twice at the Good Guys show last March. After my first run at the autocross my clutch was so hot I couldn't get the car in reverse. After letting it cool it drove fine.

Any suggestions?
That slight gravelly feeling is how mine started out. Eventually I could hear a steady metal on metal grind or shearing while sitting at idle with my foot off the pedal.