Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 03-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #267
Bada Bing
John S.

Drives: 2013 ZL1
It was a another great Friday night, The buffet worked great, got to see alot of cool new paint on those white cars (Heritage grille, Orange Stripes) and listen to all the different sounds of pipes. Of course, it never gets old looking at all the cars. Yee Ha! Had fun.
Thanks.
Bada Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:02 AM   #268
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Really wanted to go....but, had to be up at 7am after getting out of work at 11pm so I could take my boy to his 1st season soccer game. I knew that had I gone out, I would have stayed out waaaay too late.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #269
Sgt Rock
Mike

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
did another white with orange stripe show up friday
Sgt Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #270
txogre

Drives: 2010 LS3 1SS/RS IBM/white stripes
Two more showed up. I believe Joe and Jose were their names. Jose had factory stripes and Joe had custom stripes along with several other really nice things, as well as ground effects.

Sam
txogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #271
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quick Recap: Last two Friday Nights...

Howdy Ya'll...!

It's been a really compressed couple of weeks for me (new job and some family illness), so I've not been able to get online long enough to post my "weekend updates." But we had two weekends of excellent attendance following the amazing and storied evening celebration of Legend's return.

The following two weekends marked events where we enjoyed the company of regulars and new members, showing up with great looking cars and stories of driving and mods that have kept us all wanting more.

The Friday after Legend's return, we had 21 cars, with as many as 18 on the lot at any one time. Considering that, before that night, our average showing was closer to 10 or 12 cars, we did very, very well! Another Summit White-heavy evening, I know a few of us got a kick out of listening to Darrell (SummitSS) and Chris #1 (Atti2ude) grouse about it (even tho Chris's car did NOT make a showing [hmmm--rumor of Heritage grill--would it materialize?] -- you know these guys luv seeing all those white cars!

So we're starting to see some cool mods to differentiate these cars from each other...David (Punisher_210) made an appearance with his Heritage grill (unpainted CGM color against his Black car...WOW!). Darrell added an AIRAID CAI (as if his blue-lit engine cover isn't enough! Justin #1 (CamaroSkooter) showed off a way-cool addition to his rear deck lid--his rear bowtie now lights up in red along with his tail lights (you have to see it to believe it--really sweet, Skooter!) And, of course, TAG and JewelZ showed up late again (BLTN tho, eh?), and within 2 minutes of arriving, TAG had his dash pulled apart again and was showing folks his awesome ABL setup. That dude has no fear of taking apart his car

OK, so then this last weekend, I figured we'd have a slightly smaller showing, given the distance from the evening of Legend's return. Well, I was wrong...the evening started off as it usually does, with cars starting to line the parking lot around 6:30 PM. By the time I arrived, there were already 12 cars there, one of which came from the Dallas area (with "kewl" American Racing chrome wheels).

Over the course of the evening, we had a total of 22 cars, with as many as 19 on the lot at any one time. Another great showing which lent itself to more time spent outside with the cars and less time inside eating (as it should be). And outside is where we discovered the rumor to be true...this week, the "Attit2de" was evident by the sinister grin, on Chris #1's Camaro, which was, indeed, sporting a custom painted (Summit White) Heritage grill with matching, smooth-filled fog light inserts. I gotta say...it works...that's one bad a$$ ride!

There were new members and other mods, too numerous to mention. Brandon (Brandon D) showed up with blacked out side markers, tail lights, and head lights on his SIM...there was a cyber gray metallic car with a K&N CAI and FlowMaster cat-back exhaust, there was a gorgeous custom painted engine cover (orange with shadowed/faded flames)...and more. I'm sure I've missed some, but our membership has grown so much I can no longer keep track at that level of detail (will keep trying, tho!).

Sincere thanks, once again, to Justin #2 (bumblebee1029) for setting up a delicious buffet! It made getting food easier and faster (always a good thing) and I know everyone appreciated it. We feel welcome at TGI Friday's and it is fast becoming the "Home of Camaro5."

One last note: For our newest members, I'm trying to add you all to our club roster...I did receive all your e-mails and am working on getting the spreadsheet out to you so you can add your info. Please be patient as my online time is limited these days.

I'll get it done as soon as I can, so watch your e-mail for a message from me. When you get it, please open the attachment, add your info, and send it back. I'll add everything to the master sheet and send it back out.

Folks...these meets are just plain fun. The camaraderie and cars give us all an even better reason to look forward to the weekend! Keep on coming...it will only get better!

Last edited by PnCRedJwl2SS; 03-07-2010 at 06:02 PM.
PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #272
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Wow Pete good to have u back great updates u da man ( there would be a smiley face bowing down to you but I'm on my phone, so all u will get us this)
Old 03-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #273
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTXAF View Post
It was a another great Friday night, The buffet worked great, got to see alot of cool new paint on those white cars (Heritage grille, Orange Stripes) and listen to all the different sounds of pipes. Of course, it never gets old looking at all the cars. Yee Ha! Had fun.
Thanks.
who are you again?

Gray goose? No that's a drink...

Gray haired man? No but closer....

Gray ghoul? Bah, I give up....
Old 03-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #274
CAM MAN

Drives: ALL 5 GEN CAMAROS
It was great meeting everyone tonight. Friday's will be a regular thing for us from now on. However, I will have to bring out the 1st Gens on some nights.

Sounds good ,let me know so I can bring one of mine out also.
Attached Images

CAM MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #275
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
Wow Pete good to have u back great updates u da man ( there would be a smiley face bowing down to you but I'm on my phone, so all u will get us this)

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:26 PM   #276
summitSS
Darrell

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SPD-Summit Wht
Up in the air for TGI Friday's this Friday...Linda and I are celebrating the birth of our 1st Granddaughter and will be out of town visiting. Isabella was born on Monday. Her daddy (RedCamaroGuy) and mommy are doing well. I did ask my son how is he going to fit a car seat in his 5th Gen Camaro. Something I have to go see for myself.

99 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Artic White
01 Chevy Monte Carlo SS - Torch Red
01 Chevy Corvette - Pewter
02 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 - Pewter
summitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #277
ajs69cam

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by summitSS View Post
Up in the air for TGI Friday's this Friday...Linda and I are celebrating the birth of our 1st Granddaughter and will be out of town visiting. Isabella was born on Monday. Her daddy (RedCamaroGuy) and mommy are doing well. I did ask my son how is he going to fit a car seat in his 5th Gen Camaro. Something I have to go see for myself.

CONGRATULATIONS to the PARENTS and GRANDPARENTS----

AJ
ajs69cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:20 AM   #278
Sgt Rock
Mike

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
congrats Darrell and Linda
Sgt Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:35 AM   #279
Legend
Hello!