Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #29
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Actually, I would argue the opposite. Back when I raced, many, many, many years ago, the tighter and more sophisticated the chassis, the more tossable the car. The standard Mustang, and indeed the GT500 I would not describe as toss able, the 1LE maybe.
Actually we're agreeing then, why? it's perceived, the feel of the beholder the sense of rotation and control.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #30
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
In summation, Eric Tingwall writes: "The raucous Mustang installs itself in your subconscious with the viciousness of a drug addiction. Despite knowing there's an objectively better alternative with a Chevy badge, we are lured back to the Boss again and again. Its responsive chassis, competent handling, and brawny engine strike us in a psychological weak spot where emotions overrule sensibilities. We'd never question someone for making the rational choice of a Camaro SS 1LE, but reason be damned, the Boss 302 is the car we want."

Can't wait to see more H2H comparisons... can't really go wrong with either the 1LE or the Boss.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #31
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
In summation, Eric Tingwall writes: "The raucous Mustang installs itself in your subconscious with the viciousness of a drug addiction. Despite knowing there's an objectively better alternative with a Chevy badge, we are lured back to the Boss again and again. Its responsive chassis, competent handling, and brawny engine strike us in a psychological weak spot where emotions overrule sensibilities. We'd never question someone for making the rational choice of a Camaro SS 1LE, but reason be damned, the Boss 302 is the car we want."

Can't wait to see more H2H comparisons... can't really go wrong with either the 1LE or the Boss.
I'd take a Boss over a Camaro 1LE but that is just me.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #32
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:

So that's why they chose the more expensive car they describe as inferior...It hypnotized them!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #33
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
So that's why they chose the more expensive car they describe as inferior...It hypnotized them!
If you approach it with undue influence and an objective manner it'll mesmerize you too. Owning both... I totally adore my Camaro (SS) but I also love my Boss 302.

IMHO a driver's high-performance car is more than just numbers & digits. The Boss (but I'm also confident that the 1LE) is near-perfect or at minimum a well-balanced package for a sports car enthusiast straight from the dealer's lot or showroom floor.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #34
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
If you approach it with undue influence and an objective manner it'll mesmerize you too. Owning both... I totally adore my Camaro (SS) but I also love my Boss 302.

IMHO a driver's high-performance car is more than just numbers & digits. The Boss (but I'm also confident that the 1LE) is near-perfect or at minimum a well-balanced package for a sports car enthusiast straight from the dealer's lot or showroom floor.
That's good, but an SS and a Boss are apples and oranges.

The design of the 1LE is superior to the Boss (and for a lot less $$$$). The 1LE has a much more rigid structure, an independent rear, lower CG, wider track, wider wheels and tires, superior brakes, better transmission...
Old 10-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #35
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
That's good, but an SS and a Boss are apples and oranges.

The design of the 1LE is superior to the Boss (and for a lot less $$$$). The 1LE has a much more rigid structure, an independent rear, lower CG, wider track, wider wheels and tires, superior brakes, better transmission...
I didn't just crawl out of a rock, I know the difference b/t the two... I own them for christ sakes.

And like stated before, the power and delivery in the Boss is linear and precise... it has character, heritage and personality that go far deeper than the 1LE's. The robust forged internals of the Boss is also topshelf - reliability and longevity. An SS can be converted to a 1LE much less (cost wise and effort wise) than a GT converted into a Boss. I'm happy with both MY rides... permagrin as bold as a blue oval and as wide as a bowtie.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #36
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
An SS can be converted to a 1LE much less (cost wise and effort wise) than a GT converted into a Boss. I'm happy with both MY rides... permagrin as bold as a blue oval and as wide as a bowtie.
I have to disagree here. Have you looked at all the differences, they have almost the same upgradess over the GT and SS except the Boss has a revamped engine but same trans as the GT, the 1LE has the same engine but a revemped trans and axles.

This is a really good detailed list of differences between the GT and Boss, if the 1LE had one it would be similar (except for the trans vs. engine upgrades). The 1LE has a lot of little things that arent well known like more fule pickup, new fuel pump, oil separator, trans cooler, ZL1 steering wheel and shifter, etc. The Boss will likely cost more to convert but I don't think the difference is that big.
http://bossmustangsonline.com/boss-3...bout-the-boss/

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #37
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I have to disagree here. Have you looked at all the differences, they have almost the same upgradess over the GT and SS except the Boss has a revamped engine but same trans as the GT, the 1LE has the same engine but a revemped trans and axles.

This is a really good detailed list of differences between the GT and Boss, if the 1LE had one it would be similar (except for the trans vs. engine upgrades). The 1LE has a lot of little things that arent well known like more fule pickup, new fuel pump, oil separator, trans cooler, ZL1 steering wheel and shifter, etc. The Boss will likely cost more to convert but I don't think the difference is that big.
http://bossmustangsonline.com/boss-3...bout-the-boss/
Yup saw that before too... I'm also a member on BMO, TMS, etc... I'm really focusing on the Boss' engine and I know it's debatable but keep in mind the Boss' Roadrunner powerplant is the heart & soul, stock. Interesting and highly educational reading here as well- http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...2/viewall.html
Old 10-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #38
VR1LE
lighten up Francis

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
they are both very nice cars and I have said before I would be happy in either one of them. But the facts are still the facts. The 1LE is faster around a race track for far less $$$$$. I just did Not want to spend more and get a slower car as a starting point I would have to work up hill and spend lots of $ on the boss to equal a stock 1LE .For me it did not make good sense to purchase a boss for what I want to do with it. Enjoy your cars as they are both awesome!!!

Last edited by VR1LE; 10-25-2012 at 02:55 PM.
VR1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #39
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR1LE View Post
they are both very nice cars and I have said before I would be happy in either one of them. But the facts are still the facts. The 1LE is faster around a race track for far less $$$$$. I just did mot want to spend more and get a slower car as a starting point I would have to work up hill and spend lots of $ on the boss to equal a stock 1LE .For me it did not make good sense to purchase a boss for what I want to do with it. Enjoy your cars as they are both awesome!!!
Oh I agree. The 1LE is a total bargain for the buck... perfect for Stig'meisters so to speak
Got my Boss for 40k on the dot this past May since the '13s were rolling out and there was a '12 on the showroom floor near my neck of the woods. I wasn't even thinking of the Boss since I was shopping for a loaded '13 GT but their prices were breaching 40s already. I really like what Chevy did in producing the 1LE... basically correcting the missing links in a SS. I'm not into complex modifications for now and enjoy these cars straight from the factory. The Camaro I'll likely tinker with a little more (CAI, more bolts ons, etc.) but the Boss is already a great all-around package for what it is... and it sounds like nirvana with the stock quad exhausts and the high-breathing high-revving robust engine.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #40
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
I didn't just crawl out of a rock, I know the difference b/t the two... I own them for christ sakes.

And like stated before, the power and delivery in the Boss is linear and precise... it has character, heritage and personality that go far deeper than the 1LE's. The robust forged internals of the Boss is also topshelf - reliability and longevity. An SS can be converted to a 1LE much less (cost wise and effort wise) than a GT converted into a Boss. I'm happy with both MY rides... permagrin as bold as a blue oval and as wide as a bowtie.

Yes, you should be happy with that garage!

No doubt if I could I'd buy a Boss LS and a new Z28 (they better make it). Talk about history!!! I do think the Ford Boss and GT500 engines are top notch for a pony car. But as for the rest of the car GM has won that.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #41
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Yes, you should be happy with that garage!

No doubt if I could I'd buy a Boss LS and a new Z28 (they better make it). Talk about history!!! I do think the Ford Boss and GT500 engines are top notch for a pony car. But as for the rest of the car GM has won that.
I dream of a new Z/28... hopefully it won't disappoint. I wish Pontiac was still around (TransAms) but that's a separate topic. The Boss is a no-brainer and if I didn't have either right now then I'd seriously look at ordering a 1LE. This addiction doesn't subside though... went from a V6 Camaro to a SS... now dreaming of a ZL1. I'm in with that beast.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #42
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
I dream of a new Z/28... hopefully it won't disappoint. I wish Pontiac was still around (TransAms) but that's a separate topic. The Boss is a no-brainer and if I didn't have either right now then I'd seriously look at ordering a 1LE. This addiction doesn't subside though... went from a V6 Camaro to a SS... now dreaming of a ZL1. I'm in with that beast.
Wait and trade that SS in for a Z28 (I'm feeling lucky). A 5Gen Z28 would be a 1LE + ZL1 Brakes + Aero Package + More HP (LS7?). Trust me it WILL be awesome.