Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-31-2009, 11:31 PM   #15
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Thumbs up

Look at the Stafford Classics 2010, 68 69 thread the BB Camaro has painted stripes and painted lower valance.

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:41 PM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Yeah...I mean. With the headlights being Halos, WE know it's an RS. Anyone in tune with the car would guess it. Someone who doesn't know would be surprised if you told them...conversation..hehe

The back end is the only part of the car that seems is missing something. I can't tell what. I've looked and looked.

And, on top of it all, I like the fully dressed out version best of all....with the "6" on the sides and all. ...maybe not on the hood, but for sure on the sides... then again, hood is okay (I just scrolled up)

Oh! How about leaving the RS on the back but customizing the letters in a way where they match the paint of the pin stripes! I like this idea. That would be the only place for the RS logo.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:14 AM   #17
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro68 View Post
Look at the Stafford Classics 2010, 68 69 thread the BB Camaro has painted stripes and painted lower valance.
Do you have a link with a pic?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:24 AM   #18
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Yeah...I mean. With the headlights being Halos, WE know it's an RS. Anyone in tune with the car would guess it. Someone who doesn't know would be surprised if you told them...conversation..hehe

The back end is the only part of the car that seems is missing something. I can't tell what. I've looked and looked.

And, on top of it all, I like the fully dressed out version best of all....with the "6" on the sides and all. ...maybe not on the hood, but for sure on the sides... then again, hood is okay (I just scrolled up)

Oh! How about leaving the RS on the back but customizing the letters in a way where they match the paint of the pin stripes! I like this idea. That would be the only place for the RS logo.
I like the idea of just the RS logo on the upper right rear trunk lid. Doing it in the Sunoco colors would be cool looking also.

Yeah.... I actually like the fully dressed out one the best too, but it's rather bold for a street car. Basically a cop caller too... "Follow me! Easy ticket!" Not that I would be doing anything to give them a reason to give me one.

But of course driving around in a car dressed like that...who'd believe it? hehehe

I completely agree the back needs something but I've been totally stumped so far to come up with anything.

Thanks, I sure appreciate the input and ideas!!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 06-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #19
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Okay I've spent (a great deal) more time working on this and I've come up with something very close to what I'm looking for. Problem is there are 2 variations of which I like both. I finally came up with a decent look for the back and I've found the wheels I want so it's coming together.

The white looks more traditional but I'm leaning towards Sunoco because it's different but it's hard to choose.

BTW I got the idea for the offset stripe from somebody else on the forum...thanks!
Attached Images

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 06-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #20
CmB
OMG Bumblebee!! UM NO!!

Drives: IMO 2SS RS LOADED!
One thing you should take into consideration with your stripes. The offset single stripe cannot go as far over as you think on the front. When you draw a line from the trunk to the front you are about 1/2 way between the cowl and the edge. The rear cuts in a lot at the trunk.

So just be aware of that when you plan it out. I am having mine painted on right now and I had to move it closer to the center because of the trunk lines.
CmB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #21
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmB View Post
One thing you should take into consideration with your stripes. The offset single stripe cannot go as far over as you think on the front. When you draw a line from the trunk to the front you are about 1/2 way between the cowl and the edge. The rear cuts in a lot at the trunk.

So just be aware of that when you plan it out. I am having mine painted on right now and I had to move it closer to the center because of the trunk lines.
Yeah it's really hard to guess how it lines up without an actual car to measure. Post some pics of your car when it's done. Thanks for the tip!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 06-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #22
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Okay, a special thank you to JSMITH on the forum for posting pix of his car in a thread on tinting. Now that I have images of an actual car to work with, I'm having to seriously revise what I was thinking of doing. I've never seen a car where "less is more" applies like this one.

Hopefully JSMITH doesn't mind if I use his car as my canvas.

I've reduced what I was going to do down to side stripes, and one stripe on the back with SS logos on sides and back. I'm going to fix the grill too with the Heritage Grill and SS in the middle of course but haven't had the time to mock it up.

I have it in white which looks more traditional, and in Sunoco yellow/orange.

Geez I've spent way too much time trying to find the right look. I may have to just wait until my car arrives and start from scratch.
Attached Images

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 06-20-2009, 12:53 AM   #23
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

OOOOOhhh....of the two, I like the Sunoco better.

You'll need to get rid of the right set of SS's on teh rear. That would be kind of odd with two sets of SS's. What happened to the offset stripe? Not going to go with it?

mmmm.....and I think the white doesn't really go with the wheels. What do you think on that part? Still with the other wheels? Going chrome? I'd still like to see it with a bright yellow. Just for kicks.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #24
marcajrfan

Drives: 2012 crt lt 1 rs,silver stripes
I LIKE THE GOLD STRIPES
Old 06-20-2009, 10:54 PM   #25
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Okay, Sunoco seems to be the more popular combo. I spent more time working with my original idea of the offset stripe, (more effort, less panic) and I got it to look better. Here's one with the wheels I'm looking at with a regular gray spoke look, and then with the Sunoco spokes as you suggested TAG. The wheels definitely help the look and I like the Sunoco spokes. These renderings look much different on images of an actual car so it's harder to get them to look right but this should be pretty close.
Attached Images

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 06-21-2009, 01:06 AM   #26
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Here's one shot with the race graphics.
Attached Images

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 06-21-2009, 01:38 AM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

SEE!?!?!?! Now THAT is MORE LIKE IT!!!

DO it just like THAT!

race graphics and all..>>Seriously, that is SCHWWEEET! Still not sure of the #6 on the hood, though. Other than that, I LOVE it.

Moved
Old 06-21-2009, 01:47 AM   #28
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
SEE!?!?!?! Now THAT is MORE LIKE IT!!!

DO it just like THAT!

race graphics and all..>>Seriously, that is SCHWWEEET! Still not sure of the #6 on the hood, though. Other than that, I LOVE it.

Moved
Thanks

Looking at it from this side I'm not sure about the 6 being in the center either. On the original Sunoco Camaro it was on the right side of the hood where I have the stripe. I might try dropping a white roundel on top of the stripe and put the 6 in there just to see what it would look like, which would actually be more traditional.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM