Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-08-2015, 11:55 AM   #15
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I'm a firm make it your own. I like all the different flavors
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:01 PM   #16
parkerss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked View Post
nice zl.. wait its a v6 cloning..
Really? You had to buy speed while the rest of us build our Cars to how we like them. We have a passion for our cars. It appears you don't. Dont knock someone else for their budget or what they like. You obviously don't get it...
Old 03-08-2015, 12:14 PM   #17
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:

I would expect nothing less from you. It's all good I am happy with mine if I want HP and speed I have the Z28 that she sits next to in the garage.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #18
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Hmm no one has really helped lol. I like the Z/28 rims a lot and I have an SS. These are the ones I will be ordering. They are good prices and fit like stock 20 inch rims. MRR 228: http://n4sm.com/products/wheels/mrr-228-wheels-black
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2015, 12:45 PM   #19
Chevycamarors@19

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro RS black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
I would expect nothing less from you. It's all good I am happy with mine if I want HP and speed I have the Z28 that she sits next to in the garage.
You have some bad ass cars bro ! Was planning on getting the 13 model and was honestly going to go the same route you did with your 2010. Ended up with 14 but im still planning to get some 1le rims and the heat extractor tht comes on the 14-15 ss hood and quad exauhst tips, among other things. Ohh and im also planning to leave my RS badges on so everyone and their momma can see its not a SS or a SS "clone" haha
To the OP I see why you want the Z/28 rims, they look great and aren't as common as the 1le rims. If you do find some tht fit and are good quality (if replicas) post up some picts with details please
Chevycamarors@19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:17 PM   #20
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
IDK man every Z/28 I've seen (about 4) looked the same. Short wheels and tire combo and they stuck out up front.

It would look completely ridiculous w/o a drop and flares.

Which apparently the Z/28 rides about an inch lower and the flares help out with the rest. The tires still stick out though.

I still think he'd be better served by getting those replicas in a more friendly size and less expensive.

Also I have no hate for him if he's looking to do a Z/28 look with his car. I haven't driven a visually stock car ever. It's his car more power to him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I have them on my car without the flares and I like it. It may not be fore everyone, but it works for me.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2015, 07:55 PM   #21
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I have them on my car without the flares and I like it. It may not be fore everyone, but it works for me.
Is that lowered? The gap looks similar to a stock Z/28. How much do they stick out up front?

Old 03-08-2015, 08:13 PM   #22
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Not like he's cloning just wants a set of cool wheels not like he's badging it as a Z/28.... And he's making the payments not anyone else
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:14 PM   #23
andig

Drives: 2015 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Dropspeed - i think they look great!
Andy
andig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:50 AM   #24
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Is that lowered? The gap looks similar to a stock Z/28. How much do they stick out up front?

Car actually sits lower than a stock Z/28 on Pedders springs. The Z/28 is deceiving as the flares close the gap around the smaller wheels. You can stick your finger behind a flare and feel the the sheet metal is (a guess) 3/4" from the edge of the flare.

I run -2 degree of camber in the front and the front fenders have been "massaged" pulled slightly by hand to widen them (old racer trick when stock body work is required". I also have the ZL1 front air deflector in front of the tire and rock guard behind it.

I didn't get these to look cool or so I could say I have them, I got them because they are factory forged 19" wheels that I can stuff 305/30/19 tires and they are lighter than the stock 1LE package.

For comparison the first picture is my car on Pedders springs. The second picture is a build that Justice Pete (JPSS) just completed for a member using the Z/28 suspension. You can see the difference in ride height between the two.

There are more pictures of of my car in my build thread in the sig below.

Matt
Attached Images

Last edited by Dropspeed; 03-09-2015 at 09:16 AM.
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:07 PM   #25
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
Wow forgot I posted this thread, and well I kind of regret it.... So much hate. However, I greatly appreciate the people sticking up for me and others.

I didn't really think about the fitment, I just seem them my eyes like them and thats why I asked. My ZL1 wheels fit very well.

To answer the hate, yes I have ZL1 wheels, why I have a V6? Yes I do, but I drive my car every day 10-15k miles a year I chose a V6 but why does that mean I cant make my car as aesthetically appealing to the eyes as I think? No, of course not. If it weren't for guys like me there would be no aftermarket, market for car products, given I do own authentic ZL1 wheels but you get the point. If everyone purchased a car and kept it 100% stock there would be no performance or style market available to ANYONE (even the V8 haters)

Anyone should be allowed to do what they want with their own vehicle, yes sometimes it may look bad to YOU but not to them. Giving them constructive criticism and advising them it may not be a good idea is a different story. But to just say "AW V6 CLONE", "your a f*cking idiot for that thought" well all I have to say is when you start sending me checks to pay for my car I will listen to your ideas.

Case closed. Dont comment if you have nothing nice to say, didn't your moms teach you that?
Old 03-10-2015, 10:13 PM   #26
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Oh and what happens when a "V6" walks past your ZL..? Its just a V6, right? Dont doubt modern engineering. Already seen it happen
Old 03-10-2015, 11:41 PM   #27
blessedhellride

Drives: 2014 Z/28; 2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Let me take a wild guess but something tells me he likes the look of them. Why put them on a v8 (non Z/28)??? The fitment would look horrible.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:26 AM   #28
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
Wow forgot I posted this thread, and well I kind of regret it.... So much hate. However, I greatly appreciate the people sticking up for me and others.

I didn't really think about the fitment, I just seem them my eyes like them and thats why I asked. My ZL1 wheels fit very well.

To answer the hate, yes I have ZL1 wheels, why I have a V6? Yes I do, but I drive my car every day 10-15k miles a year I chose a V6 but why does that mean I cant make my car as aesthetically appealing to the eyes as I think? No, of course not. If it weren't for guys like me there would be no aftermarket, market for car products, given I do own authentic ZL1 wheels but you get the point. If everyone purchased a car and kept it 100% stock there would be no performance or style market available to ANYONE (even the V8 haters)

Anyone should be allowed to do what they want with their own vehicle, yes sometimes it may look bad to YOU but not to them. Giving them constructive criticism and advising them it may not be a good idea is a different story. But to just say "AW V6 CLONE", "your a f*cking idiot for that thought" well all I have to say is when you start sending me checks to pay for my car I will listen to your ideas.

Case closed. Dont comment if you have nothing nice to say, didn't your moms teach you that?
Are u gonna get the MRR 228 rims?