Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 01:57 AM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
No thanks. I'll take my Camaro interior any day.

Seriously, me no likey that interior. Just my opinion. sorry...
Old 10-26-2009, 02:21 AM   #16
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
Well it has more buttons that glow than the camaro? I guess that's a win?
Old 10-26-2009, 03:09 AM   #17
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
no match for german styling?

Dont get me wrong european cars are my favorite for sure, but there really is no comparison between the two and I do not see what is so special about the interior, looks like any other car

I have noticed that american car interiors are starting to look better than anything else... I will take the camaro its wayyyyy more unique
Attached Images

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 10-26-2009, 05:11 AM   #18
Bmart

Drives: 2001 GMC Sierra
It really does look like a G5 interior..
Old 10-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #19
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I do see a similarity, though the GTI is better than this.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 10-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #20
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
I'll admit the interior is nicer than my Cobalt, but I'm not sure of the whole purpose to this exercise. You compared it to the Camaro- some disagreed. So then you declared the win by comparing it to the Cobalt?

BTW, after driving both, I still chose a Cobalt SS. I don't understand what VW is doing by doing a model redesign and not updating the running gear and engine. But oh well, in the meantime- your point is made, nicer interior than a Cobalt.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #21
returnofcc
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
Well, I love the interior on my gti. I think that's the one huge downside to the camaro, its interior still looks like a budget car's interior. Whenever you sit in your car, you want to look around and appreciate all the little design and quality of materials. But, to each his own!
Old 10-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #22
SWAT 79

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS
I personally think the g5 and cobalt interiors are much nicer than the gti, as is the camaro, except for the steering wheel, something about it just doesn't look right.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #23
returnofcc
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT 79 View Post
I personally think the g5 and cobalt interiors are much nicer than the gti, as is the camaro, except for the steering wheel, something about it just doesn't look right.
Go sit in the new 2010 gti, the interiors of the g5 and cobalt definitely pale in comparison, and I think the camaro also.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #24
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
I've never been in a gti but judging off the pics taylor posted of each ones interior, the camaro looks better IMO. But to each his own. To me it looks too bulky or something...
Old 10-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #25
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Some people prefer a classic & clean design, others prefer a high-tech look. Interior design needs to fit the car. A multitude of buttons and large display screen do not suit a retro inspired muscle car. Likewise, a simplistic design does not suit a German vehicle.

Personally, I like a simpler approach because its is easier to use while driving. I need to focus less time on what button to push so I can focus on the road more. Additionally, looking at the Camaro vs GTI I'd say that the centre stack controls might be easier to reach in the Camaro. However, I've never driven a GTI and my minimal seat time in the Camaro during a test drive didn't allow me to really use the those controls.

I will say that the Camaro has better use of shapes and accent pieces and a much more integrated look.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 10-26-2009, 04:08 PM   #26
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
why are there cheese graters by the clutch and gas pedals in that pic on post #17?
Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
Old 10-26-2009, 04:12 PM   #27
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoTToN View Post
why are there cheese graters by the clutch and gas pedals in that pic on post #17?
Old 10-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #28
LSXgirl

Drives: turbo'd 4 banger
Yeah the interior of a car is the only thing that matters to me, screw performance or exterior looks.

Closed Thread