Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #729
heymatt

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS Vert.
The "new" dealer facebook page is awesome!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #730
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Haven't check here in awhile but this comment on Jalopnik article absolutely killed me

Quote:
I called and made a major repair appt under the name Hadsecks Witman, that way they cant schedule other customers at that time slot, o and btw im totally not showing up for the appt because I live in Florida.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #731
jhoop302

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Thanks, Pfadt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
jhoop302 -

You have experienced all of our worst nightmares with what happened to you and your wife's ZL1 Camaro. Everyone here is shocked about your experience and want to do something to help ease the pain and get you excited about your next Camaro. We'd like to offer you a set of our ZL-Spec Front and Rear Adjustable Sway Bars for your next Camaro, free of charge. We hope you can put this behind you and fall in love with your next Camaro. Let us know when you have picked out your new vehicle and we will hook you up.

-take it easy

Kerry @ Pfadt
Kerry,
I cannot thank you enough for your kind words and extremely generous gesture.

When I get a new ZL1, it would be an honor to use your products and tell everyone about them.

You are truly an honor to the hobby and profession.

I am touched by your kindness.
John
Old 01-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #732
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
[QUOTE=jhoop302;7326635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
jhoop302 -

You have experienced all of our worst nightmares with what happened to you and your wife's ZL1 Camaro. Everyone here is shocked about your experience and want to do something to help ease the pain and get you excited about your next Camaro. We'd like to offer you a set of our ZL-Spec Front and Rear Adjustable Sway Bars for your next Camaro, free of charge. We hope you can put this behind you and fall in love with your next Camaro. Let us know when you have picked out your new vehicle and we will hook you up.

-take it easy

Kerry @ Pfadt

Kerry,
I cannot thank you enough for your kind words and extremely generous gesture.

When I get a new ZL1, it would be an honor to use your products and tell everyone about them.

You are truly an honor to the hobby and profession.

I am touched by your kindness.
John
+1 what a great gesture of kindness
Old 01-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #733
jhoop302

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Not me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoticus.rex View Post
Yeah. Not my doing though. Just enjoying the spectacle at this point and hoping for a good outcome for Mr. Hooper as well. But I would say that whoever put that page up could be placing themselves in a very actionable position.
I just want to make it clear that while I find it absolutely hysterical, this parody page was NOT my doing. I wouldn't even know how!
John
Old 01-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #734
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakefacebookpage
We don't make money off of warranty paint work.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #735
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
I just want to make it clear that while I find it absolutely hysterical, this parody page was NOT my doing. I wouldn't even know how!
John

Old 01-10-2014, 07:06 PM   #736
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Really nice job Pfadt. That's the way to operate a business!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:08 PM   #737
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Really nice job Pfadt. That's the way to operate a business!
+1

Old 01-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #738
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Terrible story. I hope Chevy corp steps in here. I know they see this thread.

Pfadt on the other hand. Proud to be running their parts.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 01-10-2014, 07:11 PM   #739
Neoclasiccl

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS L99
Alright I'm chiming in now. I have been patient and not one GM rep has posted even one of their canned responses to this disaster. If this keeps up there is a Shelby down the road with my name on it. I have owned 6 mustangs and this is my first GM. It's disturbing GM hasn't even said we will look into it or anything wow!!! And dont give me that BS its a private owned dealer. It's still representing GM's name so GM reps wake up and represent your company or u too may get burned.

Pfadt your the type of business who knows how to do business excellent and I too will be in touch!!

Last edited by Neoclasiccl; 01-10-2014 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Added info about pfadt
Old 01-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #740
scoticus.rex
LTC, USA

Drives: Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
John
Yes, I think this event has now reached a farcical stage that is totally out of control. I hope they eventually do the right thing by you John, but I think at this point the story has now gone viral and reached the exact stage of life that any sensible business would have been trying to avoid at any and all costs. In your position, I would just grab a bowl of popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show, and wait for them to call... because I suspect as this thing gets worse, they eventually will see the light.

I wonder how much good will they would have generated if they had done the right thing from the start and then publicized it? Totally inept response on their part at all levels.

Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Old 01-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #741
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion

Drives: Autobot
Well this just got interesting.. either dirty move by the dealer or not sure what but hope the right thing is done here on both sides...

excerpt from this article today.. http://jalopnik.com/dealership-total...eal-1498804012

That's not how the dealership sees things. I spoke with the general manager at the dealership and they told me they had gone "above and beyond" with their dealings with the Hoopers.
The dealership confirmed that they fired the employee "on the spot" and worked to provide a replacement car of not just equal but greater value than the Hoopers' ZL1.
The dealership claims to have had their replacement car reviewed by a certified classic car appraiser, and on top of that they offered $5,000 along with the car. This is money outside of any dealings the Hoopers have with their insurance company.
The general manager told me that the Hoopers then asked for $11,000 instead of $5,000 to take the replacement car. That offer did not pan out.
"I almost think it's extortion," the general manager told me. "I don't think any sane person would turn down [this deal.]" He later concluded, "I almost think they're as bad as the guy who stole the car."
The general manager explained that the dealership's insurance told them not to offer any more deals to the Hoopers and to let them either take the existing offer or not.
And that's where things stand now. The crux off the issue hangs on whether the dealership's substitute ZL1 is an acceptable replacement or not. The dealership is convinced that it is, and the Hoopers appear to believe is it not. It doesn't look pretty from here on out.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #742
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoticus.rex View Post
I wonder how much good will they would have generated if they had done the right thing from the start and then publicized it? Totally inept response on their part at all levels.
A thousand times yes.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost