Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
External speaker in front bumper?

Looking to put a external Speaker in the front bumper for Car shows.

I play transformer sound effects at shows. And with the Doors up it does sound good but you have to be at the door or back. People in the front cant hear it unless i crank it.

What speakers do you recommend for outdoor?
also whats best place to tap in for the sound?
Attached Images

KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
I would put them where ever you could find a good place. My siren for my alarm in under the hood, and its loud as ever. Maybe that would work. As for tapping in for the sound, you would need an mp3 player or some device to put the sound on, and you could use a switch or hit a button to activate it.
http://www.amazon.com/PLMR24-3-5-Inc...8581627&sr=1-1

I found this article for you.
http://techtips.salon.com/hook-up-sp...ayer-4012.html
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
Synner

Drives: cars
Marine grade speakers with a switch or separate audio source. Although if I'm parked next to you and forced to listen to blasting robot noises all day you may get your ride messed with. I wouldn't do it.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:41 AM   #4
CookieCk

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I've actually had this same idea, but for a different reason. As far as where to mount them, I was thinking behind the grill in the corners, probably marine speakers or something else weatherproof. As for how to get the sound to them, I'm contemplating a few ideas. I actually found a set of wireless speakers I was thinking about getting, then you just have to turn them on and plug into your audio source. I don't have the link to those speakers right now, I've got it bookmarked on my laptop, but I'm sure you could find some like that easily enough. That way you don't have to bother with wiring them up.
CookieCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
DraggnFrameGMC

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro LT
They will fit easily behind the grill and once its all back together you cant even hardly see them. These are Krome Audio OD68's which is their outdoor horn speaker, they'll hold up to the weather conditions as well.
DraggnFrameGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #6
dmwhiteman

Drives: 2SS Black w/ Inferno Orange Stripes
Would putting a switch on either the negative or positive of the speaker work? Keep it hidden under the hood or behind the grill so at shows you just have to reach in and flip it without it showing on the dash or center console.

I agree with synner, if I had to sit next to a robot all day I might go nuts haha. Though, it could be better than what some people these tuners play showing off their massive bass
Old 02-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggnFrameGMC View Post
They will fit easily behind the grill and once its all back together you cant even hardly see them. These are Krome Audio OD68's which is their outdoor horn speaker, they'll hold up to the weather conditions as well.
Holycrap! What do you use all that for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwhiteman View Post
I agree with synner, if I had to sit next to a robot all day I might go nuts haha. Though, it could be better than what some people these tuners play showing off their massive bass
I try to keep it as low as possible. This is why i wanted to get a speaker in front so i don't have to blast it from back to hear it in front.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #8
mpyle007

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS L99
I would just place a simple small portable type stereo underneath your car or something that you can play a disc with or plug in an Mp3 player?? This way you arent hacking up your car. Plus something small will make noise but not too much that it doesnt drive someone next to you nuts.
Maybe an Itouch with some portable amplified speakers that can sit behind your grill for the day?
GMPP axle back exhaust system
Custom Dyno tune by ARD (Advanced Racing Dynamics)
BMR 1.4" Springs all four corners

"There is no replacement for displacement"
mpyle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #9
GingerCam

Drives: 2014 RED HOT 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post
Looking to put a external Speaker in the front bumper for Car shows.

I play transformer sound effects at shows. And with the Doors up it does sound good but you have to be at the door or back. People in the front cant hear it unless i crank it.

What speakers do you recommend for outdoor?
also whats best place to tap in for the sound?

I see you have an ipad...why not just get one of those small, simple speakers to plug into that...seems to be something pretty simple that would be sufficient enough for what you need it for.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #10
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

I dont always have the iPad setup there. The sun is just to bright for it.

Since i only play the clips when i see kids and/or people there. I use my Iphone to stream Sound effects to the Radio.

Have to check if they make a portable radio that you can Bluetooth stream too.

But it wont be the same if its not coming from the car radio. its sounds so cool.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
VADR_H8R

Drives: 2011 camaro 1ss synergy green
Quote:
THAT...IS...........INSANE!
VADR_H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #12
mpyle007

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS L99
Can we stream to our cars via bluetooth? I havent tried A2DP yet but bluetooth audio may work. I know it works in a Tahoe.
GMPP axle back exhaust system
Custom Dyno tune by ARD (Advanced Racing Dynamics)
BMR 1.4" Springs all four corners

"There is no replacement for displacement"
mpyle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
DraggnFrameGMC

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post
Holycrap! What do you use all that for?

I try to keep it as low as possible. This is why i wanted to get a speaker in front so i don't have to blast it from back to hear it in front.
They were installed on a customers car. There are 4 in front and 4 more in back by the rear bumper. Its a "ghetto-loud' system. The speakers on the outside is a crazy whack ass Florida trend that is going on.
DraggnFrameGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #14
CookieCk

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
They were installed on a customers car. There are 4 in front and 4 more in back by the rear bumper. Its a "ghetto-loud' system. The speakers on the outside is a crazy whack ass Florida trend that is going on.
I don't think it's just a Florida trend, there were a few cars at my school that would drive around campus with music blaring over some outside speakers. They were obnoxious about it and even got pulled over by campus PD a few times that I saw(and laughed). So it's spread north into Georgia at least. I like the idea for specific reasons, but having it just to have and blaring it while driving around for no reason is just stupid to me.
CookieCk is offline   Reply With Quote