Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
bigted83
They call me captain slow

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
Acceleration difference

Alright I have a question. Some of y'all know I have a v6 camaro. And yes it's a automatic. But my question is when I test drove the first v6 auto camaro I noticed a little hesitation between me pushing the gas and it accelerting from a stop I think, but with mine it when I step on it it seems like it takes off instantly, and the only mod on it is the gm performance mufflers, could that me making the difference or is it in my head
bigted83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
razor28124
I ran out of space for th

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Probably in your head, throttle response (from what I remember) seems to be dictated more heavily by the intake track. I.E. Colder inlet temps, or a ram air system (what most people identify as cold air intakes), or a true cold air intake. Could be wrong though.
razor28124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
camaros for test drives aren't really broken in. Your camaro sounds like it has been broken in and the performance mufflers are a plus in terms of throttle response.

Have fun with it... since it seems like you got a faster car than you originally thought you had bought
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
maybe your Camaro has just been broken in since you bought it. How many miles on it?
Old 11-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
A lot of cars, dating back to the mid to late 90's, are equipped with ECU's that adjust to the driver's style of operating the vehicle. From the factory, most cars aren't tuned or set for pedal to floor board accelleration. Ask some of the Dodge guys about this...
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
bigted83
They call me captain slow

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
It has like 20785 I almost put a thousand miles on in little over a week. It's alot faster than my ford focus was, I've never had a car light the tires up this easy before.'i'm loving the manual mode on the a6
bigted83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:48 PM   #7
Alex

Drives: 2011 Camaro Silver Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted83 View Post
It has like 20785 I almost put a thousand miles on in little over a week. It's alot faster than my ford focus was, I've never had a car light the tires up this easy before.'i'm loving the manual mode on the a6
Oh snap you had a focus too, my mom has a silver 2003 ZX5 that I drive, its pretty much all I know for driving and I plan on getting a silver camaro when ever I can afford to get one, our focus has 140,000 miles and is really vibrate-y and accelerates like its running on 2 hamsters on treadmills but I love that car. Hows the upgrade, what can I expect?
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:30 PM   #8
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Mine has a slight hesitation if I am taking off very easily. If I hit the gas harder, or am in sport mode, no hesitation. I just write it off as the nature of the beast trying to get the best mileage when you are soft peddling it.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:32 PM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I think its the BUTT DYNO......lol
Old 11-07-2010, 12:00 AM   #10
rally yellow ss rs

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS RS
The dealer probably was using crappy gas...
rally yellow ss rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:14 AM   #11
Lumix

Drives: 2015 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Mine has a slight hesitation if I am taking off very easily. If I hit the gas harder, or am in sport mode, no hesitation. I just write it off as the nature of the beast trying to get the best mileage when you are soft peddling it.
I have it too...but only when taking off VERY gently. Feels like something is "seating" before acceleration starts. No hint of it with a bit more peddle applied.
Probably a break-in thing that will disappear with time. I only have 700 miles on it. It's a V6/A6.
Lumix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:33 AM   #12
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted83 View Post
Alright I have a question. Some of y'all know I have a v6 camaro. And yes it's a automatic. But my question is when I test drove the first v6 auto camaro I noticed a little hesitation between me pushing the gas and it accelerting from a stop I think, but with mine it when I step on it it seems like it takes off instantly, and the only mod on it is the gm performance mufflers, could that me making the difference or is it in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumix View Post
I have it too...but only when taking off VERY gently. Feels like something is "seating" before acceleration starts. No hint of it with a bit more peddle applied.
Probably a break-in thing that will disappear with time. I only have 700 miles on it. It's a V6/A6.
I went to the dealer with this complaint SEVERAL times. I just couldn't accelerate slowly and smoothly. If I take of with a heavy foot, there's no problem. But when I applied gentle pressure, I had little or no throttle response... and then a power bump as if it were trying to compensate for it's low speed vs throttle (accelerator) position.

I looked on the tis2web.service.gm.com site just to see what there might be going on for my car, with the number of problems that could possibly be fixed by a software update.

After going back twice and strong-arming the dealer into doing the software update and force feeding them the tisweb page that I printed out... they performed a software update to address a specific problem with a "power bump" while accelerating from a stop.

So far... so good. I highly recommend looking at http://tis2web.service.gm.com for any engine control module or transmission problems that you may be experiencing... or even if you think that your Camaro isn't performing the way that it should.

The dealer performed this update on my Camaro at around 9,750 miles (rolled over 10,000 this past week)... it was not something that would just "go away" after a good break-in period.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:44 AM   #13
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
think it has no hesitation now throw a High Performance intake , throttle body , and headers to help air flow and you will be amazeeeeedddd

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:52 AM   #14
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
think it has no hesitation now throw a High Performance intake , throttle body , and headers to help air flow and you will be amazeeeeedddd
I felt not hesitation or AFM indecisiveness when I test drove a 2011 to help diagnose problems with my 2010.