Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-03-2010, 01:46 AM   #1
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
What scares men most.....Women drivers

Poll Reveals What Scares Men Most: Women Drivers

What scares the bejesus out of you? Spiders? Clowns? Garden gnomes? If you’re a man, chances are you’re afraid of your wife’s or girlfriend’s driving.

So it’s a bit of a stereotype, but a recent poll taken by OnePoll.com, an online market research firm, asked 3,000 men a series of questions about how they felt being a passenger riding along with a female driver. The results found that a third of men are afraid in the passenger seat. Around one-fifth of those polled often grip the seat cushion in fear and one in ten said they had been forced to grab the steering wheel as their partner took her eyes off the road.

OnePoll.com spokesperson said that most men “feel they are better drivers than the women in their lives,” as well as “believe they concentrate a lot better, read road situations more quickly and clearly and have better reactions.” Some of the respondents even went on to say they could never relax when their other half was driving.

Hit the jump for a list of the top 10 complaints made about women’s driving:

1. Lack of concentration

2. Braking too late

3. Flicking the accelerator

4. Not avoiding rumble strips

5. Getting too close to other cars

6. Braking too hard

7. Fiddling with the stereo

8. Failure to indicate

9. Going too fast

10. Sticking in the middle lane

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...n-drivers.html
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:12 AM   #2
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I'm glad I'm not alone... I don't fear all women drivers, but my wife definitly makes me nervous.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #3
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
That's funny, because I feel safer around my mother driving than any other driver. She brakes so early and so smoothly at lights that she never really does stop the car since the light turns green most of the time before she completely stops. She also drives pretty slow and has no interest in the radio - I can fall asleep with my mom driving. Then again, she's 60. xD

My sister on the other hand, holy crap, I can hear my heart beating against my ribs.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
My mother and sister are the worse drivers on earth. They tailgate, brake at the last minute and speed all the time. I rode with my sister to Amish Country three weeks ago and I thought we were going to die. I threatened to walk home if she didn't allow me to drive. Yes, she is that bad.

I can understand men being scared of other women drivers with these two on the road. However, I think it's extremely sexist to assume that all women drivers are this way. If you look at the traffic accident/ticket statistics here in Ohio, male drivers have more accidents and get more speeding tickets than female drivers AND there are 250,000 more licensed female drivers than male.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:39 AM   #5
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM w/white hockey & hoods
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
Poll Reveals What Scares Men Most: Women Drivers

What scares the bejesus out of you? Spiders? Clowns? Garden gnomes? If you’re a man, chances are you’re afraid of your wife’s or girlfriend’s driving.

So it’s a bit of a stereotype, but a recent poll taken by OnePoll.com, an online market research firm, asked 3,000 men a series of questions about how they felt being a passenger riding along with a female driver. The results found that a third of men are afraid in the passenger seat. Around one-fifth of those polled often grip the seat cushion in fear and one in ten said they had been forced to grab the steering wheel as their partner took her eyes off the road.

OnePoll.com spokesperson said that most men “feel they are better drivers than the women in their lives,” as well as “believe they concentrate a lot better, read road situations more quickly and clearly and have better reactions.” Some of the respondents even went on to say they could never relax when their other half was driving.

Hit the jump for a list of the top 10 complaints made about women’s driving:

1. Lack of concentration

2. Braking too late

3. Flicking the accelerator

4. Not avoiding rumble strips

5. Getting too close to other cars

6. Braking too hard

7. Fiddling with the stereo

8. Failure to indicate

9. Going too fast

10. Sticking in the middle lane

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...n-drivers.html

I am only guilty of #9 and I don't see how that's a bad thing

It's always funny to see my husband grabbing for an OH $H*T handle when he rides with me. Cracks me up every time!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #6
SSRSLY
Lady Racer

Drives: 2012 GT500
I'd love to take one of those girly men on a lap around Texas World Speedway. Show them what scary driving is really all about

2014 Ford F150 Tremor
2012 Shelby GT500
SSRSLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
Americanmuscle11

Drives: car
I agree with everything on that list. However there are some women who can driver a lot better then most men.
Americanmuscle11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #8
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
women drivers don't scare me. men are the crazy drivers, and usually the angry ones. although i will say when i am in the car with my mom i feel like she's really lucky at times.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #9
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Geeezzzzzz.. So I guess it's pick on the ladies now...

Ok, I'm guilty of just #9 (I go too fast, sometimes). They forgot to include tailgating, that bugs the heck out of me. I must not be that bad of a driver if my husband can sleep while I'm at the wheel..
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #10
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Most people suck at driving in my opinion. Not just women.

#9 doesn't even make sense. Most of the women I know drive slowwwww!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #11
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
they need to replace #9 with "While talking, they slow down."
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #12
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
Lol I see women I work with driving, texting, putting on make up, eating, messing with the radio, at the same time. However, they can only do one thing at a time when the get to work.

However, they don't do as much stooopid/ fun stuff as we do while driving....

Last edited by David79z28; 08-03-2010 at 08:26 PM.
David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #13
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
That poll is so true. Did you see ladies? Thanks to your great driving these days you lost your discount on insurance for being a women. That should tell you how the tide is changing as far as who is the safer driver. My wifes mother rear ended her dad a couple of months ago. two insurance claims at once. Good job grandma!
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #14
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanmuscle11 View Post
I agree with everything on that list. However there are some women who can driver a lot better then most men.