Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 10-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #141
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrr8865 View Post
Richard, it was good talking to you last night. Spend some time going thru the main page of the forum. There is a lot of answers to the questions you were asking last night. Or just post your question and we will direct you in the right direction.
Ray,

Those new rims look great and will look amazing on your car. You made an exellent purchase!

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #142
converted

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
Nice videos Jerry. How do you like the Sony Action Cam? Does it come with a roll bar mount? Have you tried the GPS software? I'm trying to decide between this or the GoPro, but I need one with a roll bar mount by next week.

Sweet wheels Ray!
Woah woah... Wait!! Am i the only one that noticed the roll bar mount part?? What ya got with a roll bar mr parnelli? Just curious if ya added something to the gold monster?
Old 10-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #143
Jerry7297

Drives: 2018 2SS/ 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by converted View Post
Woah woah... Wait!! Am i the only one that noticed the roll bar mount part?? What ya got with a roll bar mr parnelli? Just curious if ya added something to the gold monster?
OHH YEAH !!!! Good catch Jason. Fess up Mr Parnelli.....
Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #144
El Jefe

Drives: Yellow Mustang
Haha, nothing that extreme. Heading to the Boss Track Attack in the morning and they only allow roll bar mounts in the car. Looking forward to the TSA groping, I'm gonna make them look me in the eye while they molest me. T&P.
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #145
converted

Quote:
Haha, nothing that extreme. Heading to the Boss Track Attack in the morning and they only allow roll bar mounts in the car. Looking forward to the TSA groping, I'm gonna make them look me in the eye while they molest me. T&P.
I want some pics and vids!!! Where ya gonna mount it with a roll bar mount? You dont have one....right?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #146
nrr8865

Drives: '10 RJT-2LT/RS & '10 Buick LaCrosse
Attached Images

nrr8865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #147
Witchdoctor92

Drives: 2012 1SS Black with white rally str
Quote:
That does look good, you may have to lower it another inch now though.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #148
nrr8865

Drives: '10 RJT-2LT/RS & '10 Buick LaCrosse
Ground to top of wheel well is 27.75 in rear and 28 in front. So far I haven't scrapped the ground. But I haven't gone into a steep driveway or over a speed bump.
nrr8865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #149
El Jefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by converted View Post
I want some pics and vids!!! Where ya gonna mount it with a roll bar mount? You dont have one....right?
No roll bar... yet. But I do have a roll bar camera mount so I may need a roll bar to keep from losing it ~ Racer's Logic.

I've got some pics and vids but I need to figure out how to get them on the interweb. The trip was a blast and I highly recommend every Boss owner take advantage of the track day. Miller Motorsports also offers 1 and 2 day courses in a GT or 500S race car. I want to go back next year for the two day course.

I picked their brains about the car setups. None of the instructors had a problem with the stick axle but they weren't impressed with the factory shocks and springs or the weight of the Mustang.

All of the cars were on BF Goodrich Sport COMP 2 except for another driver and I who had Michelin Pilot Sports. All of the BFG tires had that odd wear that you guys were getting at the autox but no one had a problem with it. One of the instructors said the Michelin's were garbage compared to the BFG tires and all of the instructors chose the BFG cars when they took us on hot laps at the end of the day. I never got to drive with the BFG tires but the Michelin's were getting greasy after a few laps.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #150
converted

Quote:
No roll bar... yet. But I do have a roll bar camera mount so I may need a roll bar to keep from losing it ~ Racer's Logic.

I've got some pics and vids but I need to figure out how to get them on the interweb. The trip was a blast and I highly recommend every Boss owner take advantage of the track day. Miller Motorsports also offers 1 and 2 day courses in a GT or 500S race car. I want to go back next year for the two day course.

I picked their brains about the car setups. None of the instructors had a problem with the stick axle but they weren't impressed with the factory shocks and springs or the weight of the Mustang.

All of the cars were on BF Goodrich Sport COMP 2 except for another driver and I who had Michelin Pilot Sports. All of the BFG tires had that odd wear that you guys were getting at the autox but no one had a problem with it. One of the instructors said the Michelin's were garbage compared to the BFG tires and all of the instructors chose the BFG cars when they took us on hot laps at the end of the day. I never got to drive with the BFG tires but the Michelin's were getting greasy after a few laps.
Sweet thats nice info. I may have to look into going to one of those. Think you will be able to make auto-x this weekend coming?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #151
El Jefe

I'm shooting for at least Sunday because I may have to work on Saturday. How about you?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #152
converted

Sweet yeah we hope to be there both days but if not sunday for sure. Hope to see you there.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #153
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Those look great, Ray! Good choice!

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #154
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Guys, quick question. Are there any shops in corpus that offer dyno rentals?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote