Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-06-2014, 06:48 PM   #323
Hawk23

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6
True. When you have other mods done to the car already, that 6HP increase does help. On my V6 so far I only have the cold air intake K&N smooth tube open air filter and Borla Pro XS mufflers. Not a holly crap hang on to your pants difference but over all I'm happy with the results. I also run 91 octane with NOS Racing octane boost.

I have to say... For a V6 motor.. You would swear these V6 Camaro's had a V8 in them. I haven't driven a new V8 Camaro yet but that thing must be insane cause this V6 I have has more torque and power then some of the older V8 F Body cars I've owned in the past. I'm very happy with my Camaro. Lots of fun to drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ333 View Post
I agree but with the mods (ingen long tube, ported tb, black iceolator and mrt v2) I have and living in an emission strict area. I chose this tune overall I cannot give hardcore numbers not a dyno guy or hardcore strip guy. I use my daily driver butt dyno. I can say the gain felt equal to the gain after installing the black iceolator after the ecu adjusted....but I was disappointed about the top speed limiter not available on the v6 models....I'm running the premium 93 octane tune
Hawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:17 PM   #324
RJ333

Drives: 2010 Camaro v6
I agree they are great cars that have a great following. I also would remind you that you only get 6 horsepower but 14 torque.The torque is what the butt dyno feels. Overall I'm very please with the tune. I will eventually be handing this car to my son and moving to the c7 within the next 2 yrs. I did not want to go to crazy with the mods.
RJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:11 PM   #325
Hawk23

Yeah I didn't want to get too crazy with the mods either. I drive this car year-round and in the winter time you have to be careful because when that torque kicks in... twice now that car got away on me and I was lucky almost wrote it off twice! One thing I don't like is the automatic. The thing gears down on you and the torque kicks in, then the thing wants to go sideways on you.. For winter I have a good set of BFGoodrich all seasons and surprisingly the car is actually really good on ice and snow! With the traction control on..

But when the roads get really slick you got to be very careful... People are like why the hell would you drive a Camaro in the winter time?? Because the summer car I want cost over 100 grand and I'm trying to save up for that.. Lol. I thought a Camaro would be a nice year-round Vehicle. Next I want to put headers on it and for summer I ordered a set of OEM 20x8 20x9 Midnight silver wheels with a set of Nitto Invo tires I will be getting put on this week. Right now I just have the cheap black alloy rims on it. But I'll keep those with the Goodrich tires for winter. I may still get the Hypertech. I'm still on the fence about that..
Attached Images

Last edited by Hawk23; 05-07-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #326
Hawk23

And here are the wheel
Attached Images

Old 05-07-2014, 08:03 PM   #327
RJ333

Drives: 2010 Camaro v6
I agree the gears for the automatic are tricky, I almost wiped out before as well. The tune does allow you to change the shift firmness which takes that unpredictable problem away, you know what to expect. I will admit I had to re-adjust my driving habits even with the traction control on. The car feels more willing and ready to run without being @ mid throttle. If you're going LT header I would recommend HP tuners. I wish I could go LT headers I would do it in a heart beat. In Central Texas we've adopted Cali style emission rules.
RJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:05 PM   #328
Hawk23

I have the shift on the steering option but even when I switch to that the car still shifts on its own.. I may go with JBA LT headers... I've heard good things about them. Just hope the car isn't to Obnoxiously loud!

Ohh! And my Midnight Silver wheels came in today. All THREE of them! (((Sigh))) hopefully the 4th one will show up tomorrow..
Old 09-01-2014, 11:50 PM   #329
driving2lt

Drives: 2ltrsspringspecialedition
hello everyone, i am new to this forum, i bought a 2014 camaro 2lt, i want to install turbo kit in this car, right now everything is stock, but don't mind to built the engine if i need. please give me step by step upgrades so that i don't mess with the car engine and transmission.
thanks
driving2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:47 AM   #330
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by driving2lt View Post
hello everyone, i am new to this forum, i bought a 2014 camaro 2lt, i want to install turbo kit in this car, right now everything is stock, but don't mind to built the engine if i need. please give me step by step upgrades so that i don't mess with the car engine and transmission.
thanks
Here you go: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308593

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #331
alongone1
Alongone1

Drives: 2014 2LS
Hello, I'm new to this forum, I'm getting ready to have the GM performance exhaust upgrade installed on my 2014 2ls at my local Chevy dealer, The mechanic told me that the upgrade would add 70 horses to my existing LFX engine, can anyone elaborate on this since I'm new to all of the performance accessories. One more thing I read somewhere on this forum where it said that the ls's have a speed limiter, what is the limiter set at, I have topped out at 117mph with more speed under the hood, I'm interested in all input, Thanks. Tony.
alongone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:34 PM   #332
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alongone1 View Post
Hello, I'm new to this forum, I'm getting ready to have the GM performance exhaust upgrade installed on my 2014 2ls at my local Chevy dealer, The mechanic told me that the upgrade would add 70 horses to my existing LFX engine, can anyone elaborate on this since I'm new to all of the performance accessories. One more thing I read somewhere on this forum where it said that the ls's have a speed limiter, what is the limiter set at, I have topped out at 117mph with more speed under the hood, I'm interested in all input, Thanks. Tony.

Hello and Welcome, Since you have a 2014 you have the LFX engine, you will get plenty of help from this section too, however, even more help by posting over in the LFX section.

The rev limiter if one is there on your Camaro is set at 118 mph.

As for adding 70 HP you will be lucky to get a few HP from anything to do with the exhaust on your engine.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #333
lscamaro

Quote:
Speed limiter on an LS should be set at 118 mph from the factory. The 70 horses is bs. You'd be lucky to get half of that from all the bolt ons available for your engine combined.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #334
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
nothing on cat/axleback exhaust sytems? Weight savings alone from the 30lb+ stock silver garbage cans are a plus...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #335
alongone1
Alongone1

Drives: 2014 2LS
That is a bunch BS, It wasn't the mechanic it was THE SALESMAN WHO TOLD ME ABOUT THE 70 HORSE POWER, WHAT A JERK, ANYWAY IM TOTTALY NEW TO THIS FORUM, IM JUST LOOKIJNG FOR PERFORMANCES, I REALISE THAT I HAVE A V6 NOT A V8, I JUST NEED THE INFO ON UPGRADES FOR THE lfx 6 BANGER ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED, thanks DO I CLICK ON THE POST QUICKLY OR THE ADVANCED?.TOTAL 50 YEAR OLD NEWBY. so FAR I INSTALLED AN air AID COLD AIR INTAKE, AND THE AIRAID SPACER, ANYMORE INFO ON MORE PERFORMANCE ACCESSORIES? I ALSO PUT 4 AMERICAN RACING CHROME RIMS AND THE MPG BLACK CALIPER COVERS. AND I USED THE LIQUID GLASS POLISH 4 COATS LOOKS LIKE THE BLACK PAINT IS ALWAYS WET, LOVE THE SHINE AND REFLECTION.p.s KEEP ON FEEDING ME ALL OF THE INFO ON THE 2014 ls2 THE MORE THE BETTER.
alongone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:30 PM   #336
lscamaro

Quote:
That is a bunch BS, It wasn't the mechanic it was THE SALESMAN WHO TOLD ME ABOUT THE 70 HORSE POWER, WHAT A JERK, ANYWAY IM TOTTALY NEW TO THIS FORUM, IM JUST LOOKIJNG FOR PERFORMANCES, I REALISE THAT I HAVE A V6 NOT A V8, I JUST NEED THE INFO ON UPGRADES FOR THE lfx 6 BANGER ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED, thanks DO I CLICK ON THE POST QUICKLY OR THE ADVANCED?.TOTAL 50 YEAR OLD NEWBY. so FAR I INSTALLED AN air AID COLD AIR INTAKE, AND THE AIRAID SPACER, ANYMORE INFO ON MORE PERFORMANCE ACCESSORIES? I ALSO PUT 4 AMERICAN RACING CHROME RIMS AND THE MPG BLACK CALIPER COVERS. AND I USED THE LIQUID GLASS POLISH 4 COATS LOOKS LIKE THE BLACK PAINT IS ALWAYS WET, LOVE THE SHINE AND REFLECTION.p.s KEEP ON FEEDING ME ALL OF THE INFO ON THE 2014 ls2 THE MORE THE BETTER.
Well the Airaid Spacer is pretty much a waste. For the LFX, besides the cold air intake that you already have, there's exhaust (mostly done to change the sound of the car), a ported throttle body, high flow catalytic converters, a ported intake manifold (just developed by vendor JacFab), an intake manifold spacer (just developed by vendor JacFab as well), and of course forced induction. I'd start with what you'd be comfortable installing yourself and go from there.

P.S. might want to cool it on the caps lock. A lot will take that as screaming around here