Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #15
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Installation is quite easy if you want to try and tackle it Honestly. I think you're going to think your new system will sound awesome. But you won't know how awesome it could sound if you got different speakers
Knockoutpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #16
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Installation is quite easy if you want to try and tackle it Honestly. I think you're going to think your new system will sound awesome. But you won't know how awesome it could sound if you got different speakers
Haha you are probably right.

Do you know what kind of speaker is on the stock BA system on the side doors? Are they component speakers? Do they create both mids and highs or mostly highs like the C5's?
Old 01-24-2014, 05:53 PM   #17
Knockoutpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3350 View Post
Haha you are probably right.

Do you know what kind of speaker is on the stock BA system on the side doors? Are they component speakers? Do they create both mids and highs or mostly highs like the C5's?
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...peakers004.jpg

Looks like the rears are component and the fronts are midrange. I also heard disconnecting the center channel makes it sound a bit better.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:00 PM   #18
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...peakers004.jpg

Looks like the rears are component and the fronts are midrange. I also heard disconnecting the center channel makes it sound a bit better.
Oh yeah I definitely need to do that, I've heard it sounds much better without it.

Now let me get clarification... Are you against these specific JL C5 speakers because they have no mids and other component speakers do or are you against component speakers and general and saying I should get something else instead? haha it's been a long day
Old 01-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #19
Knockoutpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3350 View Post
Oh yeah I definitely need to do that, I've heard it sounds much better without it.

Now let me get clarification... Are you against these specific JL C5 speakers because they have no mids and other component speakers do or are you against component speakers and general and saying I should get something else instead? haha it's been a long day
Not against anything lol they're great speakers. But I prefer midrange speakers vs component. Honestly man yo your system will sound great. I only wish I had the budget you do. The way I shop is on a small budget to make it sound great for the price.