Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
pkauf

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Convertible RS
2LT Bluetooth Issue

I just got my 2LT this week, and paired by AT&T HTC Tilt 2 phone with it. Worked great at first - calling out, incoming calls, etc. But now, it is acting weird. If I use the phone to dial out, bluetooth turns down radio, and works great hands free, etc. - most of time. But, if I get an incoming call, bluetooth turns down radio, but no audible ring, and when I answer, there is no sound through speakers, phone and the other side can't hear me. This worked at first, but now it seems VERY flakey. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong. Also, if i use voice dial, it works, attaches to the phone, dials out (i can see it working on the screen of the phone) - but once again, all the voice/sounds from the car doesn't work. Very strange.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

I believe I have the latest software - My car was made 2/9/2010. (And after reading the FAQ - probably doesn't matter, as that software is for the PDIM, which shouldn't be involved in this . . .)
Old 02-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
convert

Drives: the Camaro as often as possible
Unfortunately the PDIM seems to be flakey. Too bad -- it was one of the most important features that attracted me to the car.

I've had similar issues. Often, when I get an incoming call, I push the talk button on the steering wheel, but the caller can't hear me and I can't hear them. I've figured out that if I push talk again it patches them through. They tell me all they could hear was my radio (which was muted in-car -- weird). You can try that, or try unpairing your phone (through the radio) and then re-paring it.

That issue paired with the iPod issue where it shows random artist names/album names/song names/blanks instead of whatever I'm searching for is really, really annoying.

Needless to say, I'm anxiously waiting for a PDIM update.
convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
pkauf

Quote:
Originally Posted by convert View Post
Unfortunately the PDIM seems to be flakey. Too bad -- it was one of the most important features that attracted me to the car.

I've had similar issues. Often, when I get an incoming call, I push the talk button on the steering wheel, but the caller can't hear me and I can't hear them. I've figured out that if I push talk again it patches them through. They tell me all they could hear was my radio (which was muted in-car -- weird). You can try that, or try unpairing your phone (through the radio) and then re-paring it.

That issue paired with the iPod issue where it shows random artist names/album names/song names/blanks instead of whatever I'm searching for is really, really annoying.

Needless to say, I'm anxiously waiting for a PDIM update.
Don't think it's the PDIM (except for your IPOD issues) - if you read the FAQ at the beginning of this forum, PDIM doesn't do the phone stuff, that's built into the onstar stuff. But, that being said, I found a post on AT&T's forum about general bluetooth issues on windows mobile 6.1 and 6.5 phones. It has a suggested fix to the registry, which I applied, and so far, it is working great!!!!

Go here to view the information - page down and look for registry change suggestions. I'll post if I find issues.
http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=cingular&message.id=126271

Thanks

Paul
Old 02-26-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
May I suggest XDA-Developers?
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
pkauf

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
May I suggest XDA-Developers?
I've seen that. Is the stuff they develop just used underneath Windows mobile, or is it a replacment for the whole os? And also, I've heard it voids my warranty - and the phone is brand new - is that true?
Old 02-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkauf View Post
I've seen that. Is the stuff they develop just used underneath Windows mobile, or is it a replacment for the whole os? And also, I've heard it voids my warranty - and the phone is brand new - is that true?
It replaces the whole OS per say. You can get CABs (just software installers) from there that do various things but a ROM is a full replacement.

As to the warranty, sorta. I think it might officially but I've flashed all my phones over the years and Sprint has either not noticed or just not cared. You can go back to stock as well. If you're not very tech saavy you might not want to do it.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
pkauf

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
It replaces the whole OS per say. You can get CABs (just software installers) from there that do various things but a ROM is a full replacement.

As to the warranty, sorta. I think it might officially but I've flashed all my phones over the years and Sprint has either not noticed or just not cared. You can go back to stock as well. If you're not very tech saavy you might not want to do it.
I'm a geek by trade, so not worried about the tech side, i just didn't know if it was a lower level than OS. What has been your experience with apps availability for these replacement roms? And good point about warranty - always could flash it back to standard before asking for service . . .
Old 02-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
I'm a geek by trade, so not worried about the tech side, i just didn't know if it was a lower level than OS. What has been your experience with apps availability for these replacement roms? And good point about warranty - always could flash it back to standard before asking for service . . .
It's still WM. So all the apps should work. If you're happy with the stock rom there's not much point but there's some nice stuff out there. It's my understanding that the newer devices have been shipping with good roms but in the past they've shipped them with crap. They just didn't optimize them, didn't include good 3d drivers, no TouchFlo/Sense, and random other junk installed so it was practically mandatory to upgrade it.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:31 AM   #9
jontejera

Drives: 2LT RS Imperial Blue
I have an iPhone problems where it shows random artist names/album names/song names/blanks instead of whatever I'm looking for. What can be done?
jontejera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:39 PM   #10
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontejera View Post
I have an iPhone problems where it shows random artist names/album names/song names/blanks instead of whatever I'm looking for. What can be done?
I believe if you reset your iPhone and resync all the data it will fix it. I believe that seems to happen when you've upgraded the firmware. Search for threads on it if you want clarification (I'm just going off memory and don't have an iPhone).
Old 03-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #11
convert

Drives: the Camaro as often as possible
Quote:
Don't think it's the PDIM (except for your IPOD issues) - if you read the FAQ at the beginning of this forum, PDIM doesn't do the phone stuff, that's built into the onstar stuff
Thanks for setting me straight.

I might have to try the iPod reset like UCF w00t says. Mine has always given the problem with the mixed up menus, but then again, when I plugged it in to the computer on Christmas day the first thing I did was upgrade the firmware.
convert is offline   Reply With Quote