Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-26-2017, 07:28 PM   #15
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
With fast and loud ratings tanking, I wouldn't be surprised if Aaron gets his own TV show where he's the boss and does his own builds with his own crew. I wouldn't be surprised if Richard produced it, just like he produces Fired Up ,Misfits Garage. Probibly all part of the Richard Rawlings master marketing plan.

There is no wheeler dealers show without Ed China. Where did you here that?
Edd China announced it in his Youtube channel. Sad really. He stated that the producers of the show wanted to change the formula and he is not comfortable with it.
Maybe Edd and Aaron can spin off a new show together. That would be interesting.

JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:32 PM   #16
Kenny Camaro

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Thanks Superfly. Bad move on Velocity's part. Braking up a winning combo is not a plan for continued success .
K.C.'s ported Overkill 80mm TB, K.C.'s ported intake manifold,Jacfab Extendolator manifold spacers,K+N Typhoon cai, Dynomax Valvetech axle back exhaust, Elite E-2 Catch Can, Jet stage two performance modual
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:14 AM   #17
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS RS SIM
Both shows are heavily scripted IMO, but I think Big Chief has the experience and the motor to win it
Blackhawk CAI / JBA Ceramic Shortys / JBA HFC / Muffler Deletes / Magnaflow Tru X Pipe / Taylor Wires / Vitesse Paddles / VMR V710 (275/295) / Pedders 27&32 Sways / BMR 1.25" Springs / BMR Strut Brace / Carbon Creations Circuit Hood/ Z28 Spoiler / ZL1Addons Stealth Wicker & Rockguards / Ikon 1LE Lip / CFD Adaptor with B&M Shift Handle / SCT Tuned by DynoSteve
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:54 PM   #18
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
I hate Richard Rawlings with a passion and now literally all of these Velocity shows with a passion. I grew up on Wheeler Dealers and it's a disgrace now, especially since Edd China's partner drank the kool-aid and stayed on. It was the only show where they actually structured the show around the repairs instead of structuring the repairs around the show.

I remember flipping channels one night and they showed viewers at home reading questions to Richard and Aaron on Fast N Loud. I literally threw up in my mouth when I saw the type of people that watch the show and take the time to actually write in. When you have more people who care about what Richard puts in his hair vs. the cars, it's not a car show anymore. At least the racing on Street Outlaws is real, so I watch it for fun. Every other show they do is a joke. I wouldn't mind giving Christy Lee a ride though lol
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); MT ET Street S/S 305's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:28 PM   #19
JLSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
I wouldn't mind giving Christy Lee a ride though lol
Agree. Another one is Heather Storm from Garage Squad.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:49 PM   #20
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
Agree. Another one is Heather Storm from Garage Squad.
I saw her at Barrett Jackson last summer but they were filming and I was a sweaty mess
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); MT ET Street S/S 305's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:29 PM   #21
JLSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
I saw her at Barrett Jackson last summer but they were filming and I was a sweaty mess
I hope you got pics. Heather Storm is like taking the best of Kate Hudson and the young Meg Ryan.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:32 PM   #22
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
I watch both shows. They both have their good and bad.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:21 PM   #23
spike III
COTW 6/25/12

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
I hope you got pics. Heather Storm is like taking the best of Kate Hudson and the young Meg Ryan.
I'm not even going there.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:05 PM   #24
SS Performance

Drives: 02 Camaro B4C
Most "car" shows are not targeted at "car" guys. They are targeted at the same people that watch The Real Housewives and other trash shows.

One that I hate is Counting Cars. All about the buffoons in the shop and paint schemes out of the 70's. Never a mention about any of the mechanicals.

1970 Camaro SS
2002 Camaro B4C
2015 Camaro 1SS 1LE
SS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:01 AM   #25
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
+2 on Christy and Heather lol

I liked both shows before this from the times I actually saw them. Richard seems like a dick but at the same time he annoys me a lot less than big chief. He cried more than a toddler over this entire thing. I can safely say I don't plan on watching either shows after seeing this mini series they had going on
504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:06 AM   #26
Kenny Camaro

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Katie Osborne has that wholesome, take her home to meet mom thing going on. Oh yeah, Christy is defineatly the yum,yum girl!!
K.C.'s ported Overkill 80mm TB, K.C.'s ported intake manifold,Jacfab Extendolator manifold spacers,K+N Typhoon cai, Dynomax Valvetech axle back exhaust, Elite E-2 Catch Can, Jet stage two performance modual
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:25 AM   #27
pbeyer2010

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Edd China announced it in his Youtube channel. Sad really. He stated that the producers of the show wanted to change the formula and he is not comfortable with it.
Maybe Edd and Aaron can spin off a new show together. That would be interesting.

I was really sad to hear about Ed leaving WD. It did seem like his attitude changed when they crossed the pond and started filming in CA. Been a fan of the show for many years and always loved how it never tried to compete with the more glam car shows out there and stayed true to its roots. Sounds like WD is heading down the tubes ....

I would pay top dollar for an Ed + Aaron show !

SS MOOSE
pbeyer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:45 PM   #28
spike III
COTW 6/25/12

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickskier View Post
I enjoying both shows. I think Richard bent the rules when he called in the Laughlin's to build the car and Alex to drive it. It's definitely not a complete Gas Monkey Garage build. I think Big Chief has the advantage being that he races more often than Alex. So I'm going to say that Big Chief's experience will beat Richards money....

Attachment 860716

Trick is that you in the pic?