Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-28-2017, 02:25 PM   #29
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Katie Osborne has that wholesome, take her home to meet mom thing going on. Oh yeah, Christy is defineatly the yum,yum girl!!
I wasn't familiar who Katie Osborne is so I googled her. Yep, you are right!
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:49 PM   #30
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
I wasn't familiar who Katie Osborne is so I googled her. Yep, you are right!
She took over hosting PowerNation from Courtney Hansen. Courtney was smokin' about 15 years ago. She was doing Overhaulin' around then. Now she's kinda smolderin', I guess. I'd still let her abuse me though.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #31
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
She took over hosting PowerNation from Courtney Hansen. Courtney was smokin' about 15 years ago. She was doing Overhaulin' around then. Now she's kinda smolderin', I guess. I'd still let her abuse me though.
Courtney is still Hot! She had a kid but she is Sizzlin!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:10 AM   #32
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
I watched the "big race" last night. When Aaron explained why he quit I understood why Edd China quit too...they have them working crazy hours. The whole thing was fake up to the race itself I think. They were already building those new cars for the next season of Outlaws. You could see them in the preview.
This whole thing was produced by the network which I hate.

The networks can understand that the small little changes that they slowly introduce throughout is what causes the ratings to start dropping. It's too easy to see when it isn't genuine anymore. So then they try to do something dramatic along the same lines that caused the ratings to drop in the first place and it's very sad. All networks do it though. The only time it isn't so bad is when it's so blatantly obvious from the start, like in Diesel Brothers. Such intentional cheesy skits, etc, that when they happen now, you already knew what you were getting.
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:21 PM   #33
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Episode 40 & 41 talk about the mega race.

http://speedsociety.com/podcast/chie...-for-this-sht/

http://speedsociety.com/podcast/chie...n-in-arkansas/
Old 03-31-2017, 03:11 AM   #34
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Courtney was mega ten years ago, she has that voice, that makes you want to put her on the tilt-a-whirl.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:20 AM   #35
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
I saw Katie on the Mecum auction from Kanas City. She did ok. You can really tell Christy is a real car person where Katie seemed a little 'lost' Or overwhelmed during her segments about the cars coming up for sale. Christy Lee is definitely a gear grinder. She can wrench on me anytime!!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:47 PM   #36
PeteD

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red with white st
Aaron on Misfit? Nah. Owned by the same tool "Richard". that is why it airs when Gas Monkey is down for new filming. Just more money for the Gas Monkey engine. If you stop and think about it, he really was not on there anymore, anyhow. Just bits and pieces. They showed the other crew members building the cars.

I knew when he quit, they would have to get a driver. Richard can not drive anything faster than a Ferrari in the Cannonball race.

Can Richard build. Hell no. All he did was sell the company he used to own and started gas Monkey.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #37
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post

I DVR'd Season 1 of Street Outlaws after listening to that podcast. I highly recommend watching at least the first 3 or 4 episodes of S1. Those very first episodes are what they used as the pilot before Discovery channel decided to order more. If you've ever seen the show recently compared to these early episodes from S1, it's night and day. They go into paying off cops and security guards to let them use roads, license suspensions, finding secret testing spots, and I even think some of the police busts they encountered while testing their cars are real. They had to have caught a lot of heat for these episodes. I'm glad I watched them and learned a few things

However halfway through the season you can see how things changed. I remember reading somewhere that they started officially paying law enforcement for road closures. The show turns into more bickering about the list and race day than being a behind the scenes look of actual street racers. The racing is real though throughout the series I've read.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #38
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
I'll watch this... it's entertainment.
Most likely a year from now though. Don't care for the hype to watch any time soon.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:23 PM   #39
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
I watched it again as it was entertaining to see the Outlaws giving Richard so much crap lol! As fake as I know everything is, that body language sure looked legit in a couple of those scenes.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:35 AM   #40
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Street Outlaws is my favorite but it's going over the top as well...They secure locations for the races and have LEO and ParaMed's close by...F*ck Gas Monkey...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:33 AM   #41
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
They have always done that
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:51 PM   #42
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
The whole premise was kind of stupid.

It was like putting a power lifter against a body builder in a weight lifting contest.
Iron Lung Jimmy is online now   Reply With Quote