Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-29-2017, 11:41 PM   #1
willoverkill

Drives: Fast
Overkill IPF Retrofit Kits

Now available are several kits to retrofit your current IPF supercharger system to the Overkill supercharger system design. It was highly requested that we do this, and rather than give you just one option we're giving you three, so here's an explanation of the details of each kit so you can make a well informed decision.

For pricing and more information, you can visit www.v6supercharger.com

Stage 1 kit

Parts Included: Independent Drive Belt System (Crank Pulley, Mounting Plate System, Tensioner, Modular Pulley system with your choice of pulley size), OEM serpentine belt, Power Steering Relocation Kit

Idea Behind Stage 1: Provides the improved performance of an 8-rib belt (reduced belt slip) and fix the common problem design issues of the IPF system.

Chit chat: This kit gives you the major hardware changes to fix the design issues most common to the IPF design. The independent belt drive system eliminates the two idler pulleys that squeak and require bearing replacements and separates the supercharger from the OEM belt to improve reliability. The power steering system relocates a new reservoir to a better location to feed oil to the power steering pump, preventing pump whine from lack of oil delivery. Includes some other misc items required to make the swap. Bottom line is this Stage 1 kit gives you the features that improves reliability over the previous design.

Stage 2 kit

Parts Included: Everything from Stage 1, Overkill Tuning, 2-valve Catch Can, Blow through MAF sensor, 50mm Blowoff Valve, Intake pipe with Amsoil filter

Idea Behind Stage 2: Begin to improve performance and further improve reliability with new tuning support and improved/additional hardware changes.

Chit Chat: This kit includes everything from the Stage 1 kit and adds new tuning and additional hardware. Overkill tuning aims to replace your current prepackaged tuning with a personalized service; select between an Autocal handheld or HPTuners tuning suite. Switching to the 2-valve catch can system is an essential change, allowing crankcase evacuation even under boost, and preventing oil from getting into the supercharger or intercooler. With Overkill tuning, you also get a manditory update to the same blow through MAF and blow off valve as in the Overkill system, which adds that great sound you've been missing. Along with the BOV comes a plug for the charge pipe and a completely new intake pipe to eliminate the old bypass valve connections and old MAF connection point.

Stage 3 kit

Parts Included: Everything in Stage 2 (which includes Stage 1) plus our 4" Intercooler

Idea Behind Stage 3: Improve performance

This kit includes everything in Stage 2 (and Stage 1) and adds the large front mount intercooler used on the Overkill kit. This interior volume of this core is roughly 85% larger than the Mishimoto intercooler used in the previous kit. It flows more and it cools more, and is an important piece of the puzzle when running smaller and smaller supercharger pulleys. Comes with new mounting brackets and requires minor trimming of the silicone charge pipes to fit. With the core upgrade, you're now at the performance level of an Overkill system, and the reliability level as well.

Message, post, or email willoverkill@gmail.com with any questions. I'll post some pictures of the included parts in near future for those that like a more visual explanation!

willoverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Im pondering about getting the stage 1 eventually but I'm curious to how with the 8 rib/ new plates and all will help performance besides reducing belt slip. I have a lot of the components: PS kit, BOV, blow through MAF pipe. I guess my question would be, besides reliability, is the stage 1 a boost (sorry) in performance (aka worth the cost)?

Id assume so, but if I pulley down (don't want to add meth) would it just be more logical to get the smaller pulley and call it a day.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
I think one of the major reasons to do the conversion is to get rid of the idler pulleys, a significant weakness of the IPF kit in my opinion. I am looking to do the Stage 1 kit, as I have already upgraded the other weaknesses from the KPE kit (BOV, catch can, PS reservoir, intercooler)
Seems like there is always more $$$ to spend to get this right,
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:54 PM   #4
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleavens1962 View Post
I think one of the major reasons to do the conversion is to get rid of the idler pulleys, a significant weakness of the IPF kit in my opinion. I am looking to do the Stage 1 kit, as I have already upgraded the other weaknesses from the KPE kit (BOV, catch can, PS reservoir, intercooler)
Seems like there is always more $$$ to spend to get this right,
Yeah I understand getting rid of the idler pulleys would be advantageous. Since getting the replacement bearings and getting a additional set of pulleys, I've had no problems- and even on the first set of bearings they weren't bad when taken out and replaced. That being said, i guess I'm just weighing the cost vs performance gain. Personally at that point of not wanting to put A LOT more $ in the car, but I'm always open to improving upon the design too.

My next project is going to be a MK4 Supra, another one of MY dream cars.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:40 PM   #5
ARCTIC

Drives: 2017 1SS convertible
On your overkill supercharger kits, what octane levels are required on each stage?
Old 04-30-2017, 10:50 PM   #6
willoverkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Im pondering about getting the stage 1 eventually but I'm curious to how with the 8 rib/ new plates and all will help performance besides reducing belt slip. I have a lot of the components: PS kit, BOV, blow through MAF pipe. I guess my question would be, besides reliability, is the stage 1 a boost (sorry) in performance (aka worth the cost)?
The Stage 1 kit is mainly about reliability. It does away with those small troublesome idler pulleys and there's a comfort factor for many in separating the supercharger belt from the accessory belt, allowing independent drive rather than integrating into one belt.

For performance, the gain would be belt slip, which is a big issue with a 3.25 pulley or smaller but an issue even with larger pulleys. We've done a few retrofits now where the previous system had lots of belt slip, very evident belt dust shavings all over the plates and power steering pump pulley.

Last edited by willoverkill; 04-30-2017 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:09 PM   #7
willoverkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
On your overkill supercharger kits, what octane levels are required on each stage?
91 octane or higher is required, 93/94 recommended. Because you get custom tuning, I can dial back things if you have lower octane only in your area but like any supercharged car you shouldn't be running on 87 or 89 octane.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:08 AM   #8
ARCTIC

Drives: 2017 1SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by willoverkill View Post
91 octane or higher is required, 93/94 recommended. Because you get custom tuning, I can dial back things if you have lower octane only in your area but like any supercharged car you shouldn't be running on 87 or 89 octane.
Yeah, I figured that was the case. It's a PITA to find premium fuel around here and "Premium" is usually 91 octane.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #9
willoverkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
Yeah, I figured that was the case. It's a PITA to find premium fuel around here and "Premium" is usually 91 octane.
It would be possible to run on 87 or 89 but you'd have to lower the boost pressure, maybe 6psi as an estimate, if you run meth injection to suppliment the octane it would be quite helpful
Old 05-01-2017, 12:23 PM   #10
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
I just found a local station that sells cam2 100 octane .. just filled the tank let's see how she runs hope it's worth the 160 ouch...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:56 PM   #11
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Hey Will, I have an LLT IPF kit that I'm debating getting rid of since I no longer have the car. However my wife has a '14 LT. If I were to get a Stage 2 kit, could I use it to essentially convert the LLT kit to an LFX kit?

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:34 PM   #12
willoverkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Hey Will, I have an LLT IPF kit that I'm debating getting rid of since I no longer have the car. However my wife has a '14 LT. If I were to get a Stage 2 kit, could I use it to essentially convert the LLT kit to an LFX kit?
Yes absolutely, very easy to coordinate what you need to make that happen. That'll buy you some favours!
Old 09-15-2017, 12:16 PM   #13
KFranklin11

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS Summit White
Hey Will, do you still have the 80mm LLT Throttle Body for sale? Looking to purchase one. (Don't mean to thread jack)
KFranklin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:12 PM   #14
willoverkill

Emailed you maybe 30 minutes ago, not long ago! I do have just a few LLT 80mm kits left even though they're off the website, they do need tuning for so ensure you're able to do that, let me know via email.

And no worries about the thread jack, this is a good chance to let everyone know that LLT retrofit kits have been added to the website! In Stage 2 and 3, LLT kits come with HP Tuner suite (no Autocal option) and come with an LFX MAF conversion kit with a new Hitachi LFX MAF sensor and a plug and play wiring harness.

Also there's been a few updates to the retrofit kits...they all now come with a factory accessory belt incase you didn't save your original, and on Stage 2 + 3 you get our throttle body spacer with dedicated BOV vacuum port, plus a few new couplers for the after-intercooler charge piping to accomodate the BOV positioning.