Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-24-2008, 07:55 PM   #1
diddiyo

Drives: .
Question 95 chevy cavalier z24, coolant light won't go off

so i got my car checked like two weeks ago because it has to last until spring next year if i wanna get the camaro (crossing fingers). got my oil changed and all that stuff.

this morning i turn on the car and the coolant light wouldn't go off, even though there's plenty of coolant in there (I checked right away). so i drove five miles to work without noticing any steam coming up etc. same thing on my way home after work. no weird noises either.

I'm not a car mechanic, any ideas what the problem could be and how I could fix it? maybe it was just too freaking hot today here in SoFla... I hope so...

Thanks in advance!
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
Well, no one has replied yet, so...having owned an '02 Z24 - while I never had any engine or transmission problems, I had more things quit working/go wrong on that car...I could have got a 4th gen. Camaro/Firebird but I went with the cavalier since it was cheaper. If I could go back in time I would have got an F-body.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Search for a thread about a 4th gen Camaro with exactly the same problem. Coolant level sensor is dead, just like it was on my '97 Grand Am.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
I currently have a 96 Z24 and I bet the level sensor might be dead or dirty. I dont know how much you know about working on your car but if you can drain some coolant from the bottom, the reservoir will be empty and you can take it out and flush it with a hose, mine had a lot of dirt in it once when it was stuck on. It goes on every once in a while because I actually have a leak somewhere on the heater hose anyway. That may help save you some money for getting a new sensor but I think they are kinda cheap anyway. I'm in the same boat as you just trying to make mine last until I can get my camaro and I recently hit 140,000 miles!
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote